This is my '06 V70R that I'm reluctantly floating to see if there's a good home for her. I bought her from a Volvo dealer after she was turned in from a 2 year lease, so I'm the second owner. Yes, I anthropomorphize my cars, and her name is Astrid. My kids are big enough now that they just don't fit in the backseat anymore and my wife has always hated the turning radius on these cars. At the same time, I'm a wagon guy, I love the act of 'driving,' and there's just nothing else out there with a stick and similar power and handling. So, in the spirit of marital bliss and what's-good-for-the-family is good for me, I make this offer:
Black exterior, tan interior
6 glorious manual speeds
Non-smoking (original owner was also non-smoker)
Subwoofer, sunroof, 3rd party iPod adapter (designed for older generation iPods...I run my iPhone 6 through it using the headphone port and tuning the head unit to the disc changer).
17" Pegasus wheels
Location is Salt Lake City.
---- Exterior ----
* Right front headlight lens is cracked, but sealed over with 3m material. Since Volvo wants an ungodly amount for a new lens, I haven't fixed this yet. No degradation to the light, strictly cosmetic.
* Driving/fog lights inop. I've fixed these damn things multiple times, but A) they're awful when then do work, and B) some part of them keep breaking, and C) I've gotten Zen about it.
* I can see a couple of minor dings in the side panels that I'm going to have ironed out next week.
* Paint condition is good -- I've kept a solid layer of wax on her, but the car is 10 years old so it's not like it's new.
* Tires: My summer tires have got the rest of this season on them, and then they'll need to go. The winter tires are Blizzaks and are new last year. Plenty of tread life on those.
---- Interior ----
* Speaker grill on front passenger door (down low) has crack in it. Came that way to me back in '08 and it's never bothered me enough to replace it.
* The stock head unit is starting to get a little flakey. Volume knob isn't always responsive. I rely on the steering wheel controls most of the time anyway. If I were to keep her, my next mod would be an aftermarket head unit.
* Leather is in very good condition. Some minor wear on the driver's side, but no failed stitching or tears.
Maintenance, Modifications, Repairs:
* K&N air filter.
* Ram air intake, routed to the grill by the driver's side fog light.
* Clutch was replaced at 80,000 miles (4/2012).
* Thermostat replaced in 10/2013.
* Radiator replaced in 1/2016 -- pinhole leak in the original. IPD hoses.
* Over the last 18 months I've replaced every component in the front suspension other than the original springs. New C4 struts (all around in 10/2014), all new strut mounting hardware and noise-dampening components. New IPD control arms, ball joints, steering tie rods, sway bar end links.
* Second set of wheels (aftermarket, came with the car when I bought her...I'll have to look at the name when I get home...5 spoke, not bad looking but I don't like them as much as the Pegasus wheels...I run them with my Blizzaks in the winter).
* I replaced the spark plugs in 2010. If I were keeping her, I'd probably start thinking about new plugs and maybe new ignition coils, but that's not because she doesn't purr right now.
* Probably due for a battery soon -- I replaced the original back in '09.
* Parking brake replaced in 3/2014.
* I've changed the oil religiously every 5k miles with nothing but Mobil One full synthetic. Magnetic oil drain plug as soon as I got her.
* Replaced the tranny fluid last year with Mobil One when I had an axle CV joint rebuilt.
* Wired-in Escort Passport which I haven't decided on including or not.
* Angle gear replacement back in 09, just before the Pre-owned Volvo warranty ran out. Whew. Current AWD performance is fine, awesome in the snow.
* I really don't like other people touching her, so I've done all the work myself other than the clutch and angle gear replacement.
* Brake pad replacements as necessary.
* The front rotors may be ready for turning...noticed a little pulsing last week.
* All parts either Volvo originals or sourced through IPD. Happy to provide IPD receipts.
Price: $9k/obo + the right person. Yah, I know that 'right person' thing sounds goofy, but Astrid has a soul and she needs an owner who will show her the proper respect and understanding. I once refused to sell a puppie to a guy who had driven 100 miles but didn't give me the right vibe. This is kind of the same thing. Call me emotional, but if you're on swedespeed, I suspect you get where I'm coming from.
Bottom line: you can see her blemishes up close but she's a beauty from 30 feet, and she drives and handles almost like new. The clutch and tranny feel great, she pulls like crazy, and she needs an owner who can appreciate her. I'll get more photos uploaded as well.