Nowayout1 Progression Thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So guys been on Swedespeed for a month or so and I've decided I'm gonna start a progression thread of my 2007 S40 2.0D 6 speed SE TrimI've just kept the car clean and in for a timing belt & DMF & clutch change, when I get it back I'll add new photos of the car. Any advice be appreciated.

So the car has a stock:
      6 CD changer
      Power memory drivers seat
      Cruise control
      Global electric windows
      Rain sensors
      Full black leather interior
      Dark wood centre console & on interior door cards
      Multi functional steering wheel
      Front strut brace
      Headlight bezels are black
      Front headlight power washers
      Black carpet matts

Planning on doing:
      Black tinted windows
      Gloss black race top grille
      Colour code textured front & rear bumper lower spoilers & lower door mouldings & side skirts
      Paint fog light surrounds & lower radiator grille piano black
      Bigger "VOLVO" name badge for boot lid
      LED interior lights
      LED reg plate lights
      LED reversing lights
      Rear parking sensors colour coded
      Replace broken battery cover
      Replace bonnet & boot lid gas struts
      Rubber boot floor matt
      R-Design spoiler for boot lid
      Possible sports exhaust & lowering springs
      Either replace alloys or repair them undecided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anyone have any links for installing a R-Design rear wing spoiler? Getting one but don't want to drill in the wrong place or have templates that they could send on to us? Cheers

Got Volvo prices not to bad to give it a lift & replace knackered looking parts

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just ordered these cant wait to put them in should arrive when I'm off from work

Which one would suit the front of my S40, glossy frame, brushed Alu frame or chrome frame with Matt mesh? Lower grille & fog light surrounds will be going glossy piano black.

Congrats on obtaining one of the best P1 colors out there! I'm a big fan of BBM, but I may be biased a bit!

My opinion for the grille would be the gloss black if you are doing an emblem in the mesh somewhere, or the brushed alum with or without an emblem, but only if you have other brushed alum compliments on the car, like your wheels (not sure if you are planning to keep them) or side mirror covers. I would forget the chrome one.

Also there is a thread on here that has a template for mounting the spoiler.
      2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyb View Post
      Congrats on obtaining one of the best P1 colors out there! I'm a big fan of BBM, but I may be biased a bit!

My opinion for the grille would be the gloss black if you are doing an emblem in the mesh somewhere, or the brushed alum with or without an emblem, but only if you have other brushed alum compliments on the car, like your wheels (not sure if you are planning to keep them) or side mirror covers. I would forget the chrome one.

Also there is a thread on here that has a template for mounting the spoiler.
      No worries, I ordered the gloss frame with matt black mesh. Plus LED reg plate lights & LED interior lighting bulb set. When I get the car back sometime soon going to get 45% front window tint & darker tints on the back. I have black headlight bezels so I think the gloss black grille will suit it along with the fog light surrounds being done in piano black similar to the Ford Focus 2013 had the triangle bumper covers in gloss black

Getting the front fog light surrounds & intercooler grille painted black tomorrow going to look better top centre grille should be here next week. Side skirts & front & rear lower plastics will be colour coded & new spoiler will be painted as well after my two weeks off. But I will be getting her tinted while I'm off & a few accessories fitted two

All three grilles are painted straight black. Looks better now I know not much noticeable but looks good, just waiting on my new sports grille to come in transit so tracking says. Headlight washers aren't working any ideas what it could be? I'm considering past two owners might of gotten Volvo to disable it, 20amp fuse looks ok, pipes aren't blocked, that's the only thing I think it could be. It's going to Volvo main dealer next Friday so I think I'll ask them to see what it could be.

Last edited by Nowayout1; 07-22-2016 at 02:32 PM.

New grille arrived today ordered a Swedish flag to attach to it it looks good now

Replaced rusty looking boot & bonnet gas struts as well. New Volvo emblem boot badge to go on when the rain stops

Quote Originally Posted by Nowayout1 View Post
      Replaced rusty looking boot & bonnet gas struts as well. New Volvo emblem boot badge to go on when the rain stops

Those letters will look awesome spaced out!! Where did you get them and how much? I'd love to do that with mine too!!
      '98 S70 T5 Emerald Green IPD and other Upgrades/ '07 S40 T5 M-66 MT Mystic Silver Metallic, Heico Sports Suspension & Cone Air Filter, OZ 18" Wheels, Elevate Dual Exhaust Intake Manifold BOV & Stage 1 Tune, 27mm Racing Beat Rear Sway, Proforged Rear End Links, Ultra Racing Strut Tower brace & E-Focus Mount/ '04 V70 2.5T Ruby Red - IPD Upgrades (wife's car)/ '07 S60 2.5T Barrent Blue (son's car) All: Mobil-1 synthetic @ 5K miles.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeInJapan View Post
      Those letters will look awesome spaced out!! Where did you get them and how much? I'd love to do that with mine too!!
      Got them from a Volvo dealership one parts lad said am I sure they'll fit, the other said they'll fit everyone is changing to spaced out ones & went for the latest version that's on the XC90 I think all in €25/30

I really should look how that will look on a wagon. The spaced Volvo letters.
      Btw really nice progression!
      I too looked into the Dupstop grille, but paying 100€ wasnt workt it, i dipped my grill black. but i had the shiny wagon grille, which is different to the s40 grille.

also have you considererd doint the MNIWT fog cover treatment? I did it with mine. Sure looks very good. hmm maybe i should make a progression thread too
      2005 Volvo V50 T5 FWD Manual - Maintenance Queen

Don't mind the dirt & wetness dirty wet roads over here

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
      I really should look how that will look on a wagon. The spaced Volvo letters.
      Btw really nice progression!
      I too looked into the Dupstop grille, but paying 100€ wasnt workt it, i dipped my grill black. but i had the shiny wagon grille, which is different to the s40 grille.

also have you considererd doint the MNIWT fog cover treatment? I did it with mine. Sure looks very good. hmm maybe i should make a progression thread too
      What's MNIWT? I found one on eBay €78 to €22 shipping not bad, I didn't want to go threw the hassle of cutting the original grille to put mesh on so just went with Dubstops version. Have LED interior lights arriving this morning hopefully or so the tracking says "on the way to customer". Cheers just small upgrades want to paint the textures plastics next when I'm back in work.

Got OEM boot spoiler as well Volvo said my colour can't arrive painted so got primed one has templates with them so going to scan them later & have them for anyone else looking for them

Part number for the boot badge is 31294344 from Volvo got Volvo to give best price on them. It's the latest version so wider spacing but same price as 2008+ I think these are on the XC90 S90 & V90. I like how it looks now.

5% back sections tints to be fitted on Tuesday

Last edited by Nowayout1; 07-27-2016 at 02:05 AM.

MNIWT is MyNameIdeasWhereTaken, Forum Moderato, P1 Plattform Genius, Moding Genius and Inspiration for many here Including myself. I look at his progression Threats to get my inspiration going. For Example his shift knob mod. I just ordered a new Knob yesterday. Will install that end of August.

Just look at his progression Threads, He has a brand new one, a V50 T5 AWD...

The spaced out letters really look good!

I've been looking at few others threads really nice, Slowereds one is nice eventually would like to lower it but dunno. Think I got it for €22+ vat installed isofix brackets for our babies child seats have to say they were the easiest I've ever installed. They sure know how to build a high caliber car but easy to work on & take stuff off compared to other similar cars of its class

Just taught post this

Nice! Mine will pass the 150k km threshold in August. I will post a picture

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z Ultra mit Tapatalk

LED interior light upgrade & number plate lights arrived today, will put up later before & after install but this is them, sorry the bags really are shiny & each have there name in where to install them which is handy

Installed majority of the LED lights number plate lights are a mill or two big at the back but I'll get them to sit in right. Front interior head unit are the wrong dome bulbs with a twist lock at the back so need to get them. Anyone know where to get that type of LED with a cambus built in? Here's the befores anyway & got my R Design pedal covers as well

Here's a couple of them with the LEDs they do make a huge difference & with the R Design pedal covers

After a bit of sanding down the excess plastic on the number LED plate lights I got them to fit & it looks ten times better

Got the new grille in with Swede flag looks nice now. Gloss black frame matt black mesh

Rear spoiler is all rubbed down & ready for paint, hopefully it'll be painted & fitted tomorrow

Fixed gearbox oil seal but oil seems to have a slow leak don't know if I put it in wrong & top strut mount bearing noise while turning wasn't a gone bearing & mount but a loose strut nut so tightened it & seems to have gone but will give to make sure it's gone, if so I'm happy. Going on Monday for timing belt & water pump to be done along with the right front wheel hub & have him have a look at the oil seal if it's leaking I'll get him to change it & if the right front top strut noise is still there I'll get that changed since I have the parts for it

Looks nice lad where are you based? I'm down in east cork

Yeh want to get small cosmetic things done first & have it mechanically sound before NCT next Sept don't want to have any surprises ya know. I'm based up in Dublin. What's your S40 like planning on any mods?

Must get a spoiler on it maybe the r design kit n then small little mods German plates n that changed out to 12000k bulbs n yellow spots so far must sand my LEDs for the number plate same as you mad to upgrade the alloys too n tint the Windows then maybe a remap

N yes I'm on L plates with a 2.0 diesel

Where you get the bulbs? It looks nice, you going to get it lowered? I've been thinking of lowering it but haven't made a decision

No I wouldn't I think it ruins the car got them from feabay ha ha can send a link are yours halogen or hid standard? Would love to get some strut braces n anti roll bar done alright n upgrade the front brakes to 320mm off a S/T 5 but very hard to find parts here found a savage sound system alright tho

http://www.bluepower.se/en/product/a...dunit-arm.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gearoid1989 View Post
      No I wouldn't I think it ruins the car got them from feabay ha ha can send a link are yours halogen or hid standard? Would love to get some strut braces n anti roll bar done alright n upgrade the front brakes to 320mm off a S/T 5 but very hard to find parts here found a savage sound system alright tho

http://www.bluepower.se/en/product/a...dunit-arm.html

GUI on that bluepower unit looks quite bad and whoever designed that screen bezel/frame, is an idiot. I wish someone would post all around pictures of it so I'd get idea if it was possible to make new frame for it.
      Volvo S40 2.0D 100kW 2004.5 Titanium

I've seen it in person n I think it looks great but everyone to their own

Got the car tracked today timing belt & water pump done yesterday but don't think wheel bearing was cause it still hums & sounds like a helicopter but new tyres to go on tomorrow. The wheel alignment was all over the place no wonder it felt uneconomical but it should be miser on fuel now

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast