Following on from the current V70R Project, I introduce a new addition to the stable.
2011 XC60 T6 R Design
Included with the following factory additions:
• City Safety / Technology package
• Climate package
• Multimedia package
Overall, a fun XC but I wanted something more. We all want more.
Time for the Performance package to commence.
In order to get the most of this, I liaised directly with Heico Sportiv from Germany and was guided along the way by Connor @ Viva Performance and Mike (AussieMikeD5). Credit must be given to their first hand knowledge and assistance and especially Mike for installing everything.
Starting with a thoroughbred 224kw / 300hp and 440Nm
• Polestar tune - bringing the car up another 18kw/25hp and 40Nm.
• Heico Sportiv E-motion tune - raising the bar higher with another 11kw/15hp and 120Nm.
• Heico Sportiv air filter & air filter cleaning kit
The net result being 253kw/340hp and a massive 600Nm. Thats S60 Polestar performance in a XC60
Further tuning was required with the suspension.
• Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system - This system reduces the overall height of the car a further 30mm.
• IPD-USA performance sway bar - Creating more responsive turning and handling.
• 2010 fog lights and fog light housing painted satin silver
• Rear tailgate trim painted satin silver
• Polestar shifter
• Nordic Light Oak centre console trim
• Illuminated Volvo door trims
• Dynamat lining for all doors - made a huge difference to bass and sound quality
• Mud Flaps - they work most of the time..
• Heico Sportiv badging
• Custom Terrangkorning Landvagn decals
Overall, I am satisfied with the results, however with all projects there is more to come.
Further upgrades lined up includes Performance downpipe, Heico quad exhaust system or Polestar exhaust.
Heico front emblem - replaces the factory R-design emblem
Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system and IPD-USA rear sway bar
Height comparison between R-Design and Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system
Terrangkorning Landvagn decals. Swedish for Offroad Land wagon
Road testing saw this XC60 drive 4000km through 3 Australian states, 2 major capital cities, 1 mountain climb, a month of cbd peak hour traffic and countless hours on the freeway. Average fuel consumption was 9.6l/100km.