Venetian Red 2000 V70R AWD Being Brought Back! - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Results 106 to 137 of 137
    1. #106
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      6,030
      Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueR View Post
      Use the Lil cover that flips out from the spare tire well


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Was that an option? I don't think any of our P80s have anything like that. Where can I get one (or two)?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #107
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      It's not on my car, which has the rear seat.


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    4. #108
      Senior Member JRL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Location
      Devon PA
      Posts
      58,279
      All XCs and Rs came with it.
      Just a square piece of black vinyl that pulls out and lays over the bumper.
      Now, if I ever could get my wife to use it !!!......

      It's probably in there, look closely
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 108K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now near 141,000 miles and still near perfect!
      2000 S70 GLT SE 30,005 MILES, A time capsule! JUST SOLD.

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. #109
      Junior Member Classic442's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Ephrata, Pa
      Posts
      189
      Walmart sells a cargo mat that could work.

      https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Driv...-Mat/188435839

      Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
      Looking to a add a 1999, 2000 R or T5 wagon, or 2004+ V70. Venetian or Olive is a plus.
      Regards, Lance

    7. #110
      Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      6,450
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Was that an option? I don't think any of our P80s have anything like that. Where can I get one (or two)?
      My XC in the field? Except I've never seen this on any of the 13 or so p80s I've been acquainted with and I think that shell is full of water by now.
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 241k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 234k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

    8. #111
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      6,030
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      My XC in the field? Except I've never seen this on any of the 13 or so p80s I've been acquainted with and I think that shell is full of water by now.
      If the piece of vinyl is the only component of this feature, we should be able to handle drying that out......if it's there in the first place.

    9. #112
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526

      Venetian Red 2000 V70R AWD Being Brought Back!

      Well not that you asked, but if the objective is to have protection from a dog, I think there are a lot better solutions available. I can sent you links if needed. Having tried most of them, those that flip out over the bumper are almost impossible to deploy, have a dog jump on, then retrieve. Let me know if you want me to look up links to the attached....



      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Fmfosnacht; 02-24-2017 at 08:38 PM.

    10. #113
      Member andyb5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Troy, NY
      Posts
      2,360
      Finally had time to read this thread. Awesome job so far bringing this wagon back to life!!!

      I'm insanely jealous of how nice the paint looks. I love the color, I really wish my R was the same color.
      1999 V70 R -- Silver/Charcoal. M66, SteveO tune, 996TT Brembos, CX Racing coilovers, and more. Always a work in progress...
      2000 V70 R: The new project

    11. #114
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      Thanks! Appreciate it!


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    12. #115
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      A new pic before the snow returns.


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    13. #116
      Junior Member Chicago_Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      603
      Quote Originally Posted by Fmfosnacht View Post
      A new pic before the snow returns.

      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Wow! So jealous! Congrats on the restoration!
      Current - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic 186k
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)
      A set of silver Volans in search of a Laser Blue V70R.

    14. #117
      Senior Member JRL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Location
      Devon PA
      Posts
      58,279
      Very nice... and I assume will only get better!
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 108K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now near 141,000 miles and still near perfect!
      2000 S70 GLT SE 30,005 MILES, A time capsule! JUST SOLD.

    15. #118
      I absolutely love this car.
      You have done a great job.

    16. #119
      Junior Member Saffron-R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      Portland, Oregon
      Posts
      203
      Very nice! Venetian is such a striking color, and great job with the restoration.
      1998 V70R, M58 AWD Manual, B5244T5, 4T4 turbo, Beüst COP, DW300 fuel pump, DW 650cc injectors, ipd diverter, ipd intercooler, DO88 RIP, turbo inlet, and aluminum radiator, Audi A8 3" MAF housing, R manifold, 3" CJ downpipe, Magnaflow dual exhaust, Kaplhenke dbl adjustable front&rear coilovers, ipd sways/strut brace, Porsche BBK front, rear '00 VR vented rotors/calipers, Heico Volution X's, '04 Jewels.

    17. #120

    18. #121
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      A number of you have talked about approaches for putting in a subwoofer in a p80. I am about to put in a JL Audio system, and thought you would like to see the fit. At this time I still need to figure out how to anchor the box. I am thinking a simple bungee cord going from the rear anchor to forward anchor through an eyelet bolt in the subwoofer box. Not elegant, but should be functional. I also have to find a path for wiring the source, power and trigger from the head unit without to a JL Audio amp without breaking brittle plastic parts. The amp will likely go in the rear facing seat compartment.
      Recommended routing path or comments welcome!





      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    19. #122
      Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      6,450
      Quote Originally Posted by Fmfosnacht View Post
      A number of you have talked about approaches for putting in a subwoofer in a p80. I am about to put in a JL Audio system, and thought you would like to see the fit. At this time I still need to figure out how to anchor the box. I am thinking a simple bungee cord going from the rear anchor to forward anchor through an eyelet bolt in the subwoofer box. Not elegant, but should be functional. I also have to find a path for wiring the source, power and trigger from the head unit without to a JL Audio amp without breaking brittle plastic parts. The amp will likely go in the rear facing seat compartment.
      Recommended routing path or comments welcome!





      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Not bad, I was working on a setup that would put it under the rear deck to retain cargo functionality
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 241k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 234k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

    20. #123
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526

      Venetian Red 2000 V70R AWD Being Brought Back!

      I'm looked at that too. It would have required losing my spare, and a custom install in the wheel hole. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on that until I took this setup out of another car I am selling...
      This prefab box is too big for that location so I may just live with it as shown. The one good aspect of this location is the sound should be good given the placement.

      Let us know if you get that figured out!

      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    21. #124
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526

      Venetian Red 2000 V70R AWD Being Brought Back!

      Got the JL Audio upgrade installed today. Wow. What a difference a good sub makes! So now my audio chain includes lossless digital though 2016 DSP through original amps and Dynaudio speakers with 250 watt mono sub amp and 12 inch JL Audio sub. Shout out to Santa Fe Audio for a great, tight install.





      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    22. #125

    23. #126
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526

      Venetian Red 2000 V70R AWD Being Brought Back!

      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Wait......you've got Dynaudio in this car??!!
      That is what the PO told me. I'm not sure what the OE speaker spec is for the 2000 R premium Dolby surround with a SC 9XX. I have never seen the door panels removed, so I haven't really verified this. So do you think I may have something different?


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Fmfosnacht; 05-30-2017 at 09:37 PM.

    24. #127
      You should reverse those "L" brackets so the feet go under the sub. Would look much cleaner.

    25. #128
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      What a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that.
      Now I have two screw holes in the carpet...


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    26. #129
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      6,030
      Quote Originally Posted by Fmfosnacht View Post
      That is what the PO told me. I'm not sure what the OE speaker spec is for the 2000 R premium Dolby surround with a SC 9XX. I have never seen the door panels removed, so I haven't really verified this. So do you think I may have something different?


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Dynaudio speakers didn't come with the Dolby package. It was like another $1.2k to get them. Not saying you don't have them but Dynaudio estate speakers are exceptionally rare. JRL bought a set of estate speakers for one of his Rs years back and I believe DragosD over on VS (he's like the king of rare Volvo accessories) has a set as well (not sure if he has installed them in a car or not). Those are the only two sets that I know of. I know of more P80 estates with Öhlins than Dynaudio, LOL.

    27. #130
      Senior Member JRL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Location
      Devon PA
      Posts
      58,279
      Mine were allegedly the last new set in the USA for sale from Volvo.
      I paid about $800 for them, worth every penny.
      Take a door panel off, you can easily tell
      I also Dynamatted the entire R, it was more Lexus like than Volvo
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 108K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now near 141,000 miles and still near perfect!
      2000 S70 GLT SE 30,005 MILES, A time capsule! JUST SOLD.

    28. #131
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      2000 V70R has a 2.3L high pressure turbo (16T) right? Then why does the VIDA printout for my car as well as the engine sticker identify it as a 2.4 liter? All sales material indicates it is a 2.3L engine. Can anyone explain this?




      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    29. #132
      Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      6,450
      Quote Originally Posted by Fmfosnacht View Post
      2000 V70R has a 2.3L high pressure turbo (16T) right? Then why does the VIDA printout for my car as well as the engine sticker identify it as a 2.4 liter? All sales material indicates it is a 2.3L engine. Can anyone explain this?




      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      You have a 2.4l HPT engine. 19t, green injectors, improved head. Its a 83 mm bore (T5 are always 81) but the pistons are carved out a little to give it less compression than the GLT/XC blocks used in the low pressure turbo cars. One off, used only on the 00 R.
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 241k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 234k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

    30. #133
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      You have a 2.4l HPT engine. 19t, green injectors, improved head. Its a 83 mm bore (T5 are always 81) but the pistons are carved out a little to give it less compression than the GLT/XC blocks used in the low pressure turbo cars. One off, used only on the 00 R.
      Thanks. That makes sense. It is confusing, as most P80 R ordering systems default to 2.3l engine, and even the Volvo dealer system that changed my oil today I'd my car as a 2.3L. For most parts and accessories (belts, hoses, ac, alternator, radiator, heater core,etc), is the 2.3 vs 2.4 irrelevant?


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    31. #134
      Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      6,450
      Quote Originally Posted by Fmfosnacht View Post
      Thanks. That makes sense. It is confusing, as most P80 R ordering systems default to 2.3l engine, and even the Volvo dealer system that changed my oil today I'd my car as a 2.3L. For most parts and accessories (belts, hoses, ac, alternator, radiator, heater core,etc), is the 2.3 vs 2.4 irrelevant?


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Its all the same. Just make sure its for a turbo car of that year. Best to use the VIN when in doubt
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 241k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 234k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

    32. #135
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526




      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    33. #136
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      OP, Kansas, USA
      Posts
      526
      Upon turning off my V70R, I get a howling noise after the engine shuts down, as if the AC is shutting down, but with some difficulty. In addition, on a 1K mile trip I just took, the AC would intermittently blow warm, as if the thermostat was not calling for cold air. Normally though, it blows cold fine. Any thoughts on where to begin to look at resolving this?


      2016 Magic Blue XC90 Inscription
      2000 Venetian Red V70R
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    34. #137
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      6,030
      The intermittent AC problem might be the clutch not re-engaging properly. When these get out of spec, they will do that when hot. If that's you're issue, look up the "bread clip" or "zip tie" mod.

    35. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4