Elevate Group Buy - T5 AWD charge/hardpipe upgrade
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Elevate Group Buy - T5 AWD charge/hardpipe upgrade

Just spoke with Don from Elevate - he's offering a group buy for a AWD hardpipe upgrade if there's enough interest (20 or so) in this product. FWD kit hovers at $200, so I assume the AWD will be similar in cost. The only other option is a custom fabrication and that will be much more expensive. Let me know if you guys are interested!

https://www.elevatecars.com/store/vo...turbo-fwd.html
      Last edited by mercdude; 11-14-2016 at 04:09 PM.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm definitely interested. Minus the big huge silicone elbow for me since I have already hardpiped everything.

Why would they be any different between the FWD and AWD? Does the driveshaft change the output angle? The picture looks like the M66 attached to a T5.
      Last edited by avenger09123; 11-14-2016 at 06:29 PM.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; Tuned Carb;

I'd be interested depending on price. Also, I don't see a hardpipe kit for AWD, only FWD.
      2010 S40 T5 AWD M66 R-Desgin (The Unicorn) - KW V1 - FastCo FC04A - Elevate rear sway bar - Massive RaceSpec Adjustable Camber Arms - GoVo ecu spacer

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I could be interested. How much of an improvement is it over stock?
      2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 || 1987 Toyota MR2 || 2002 Lexus IS300 [hers] || 2008 Volvo V50 T5 [Sold 2016] || 2001 Acura Integra GSR [Stolen 2010 lol]

My 2007 V50 T5 AWD M66 and I are in.
      1994 850 wagon 5spd N/A
      2007 V50 T5 AWD 6spd

Here's the deal guys: no one makes a awd kit for the p1. The fwd kit that elevate currently makes (link above) does not have the same routing. The awd makes an extra 90deg turn to go around the haldex transfer case. Stock piping is 2" od and because of the extra turns and small pipe you lose about 1 psi of boost off the turbo or about 10hp. With the larger pipe, you'll get faster spool and much better flow when paired with an upgraded intercooler. This is a much bigger upgrade than the turbo intake pipe. Cost will be the same as fwd kit. Don had asked that a stock awd pipe be supplied and/or a so cal awd p1 come by to help with fabrication. If anyone had an extra stock pipe let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mercdude View Post
      Here's the deal guys: no one makes a awd kit for the p1. The fwd kit that elevate currently makes (link above) does not have the same routing. The awd makes an extra 90deg turn to go around the haldex transfer case. Stock piping is 2" od and because of the extra turns and small pipe you lose about 1 psi of boost off the turbo or about 10hp. With the larger pipe, you'll get faster spool and much better flow when paired with an upgraded intercooler. This is a much bigger upgrade than the turbo intake pipe. Cost will be the same as fwd kit. Don had asked that a stock awd pipe be supplied and/or a so cal awd p1 come by to help with fabrication. If anyone had an extra stock pipe let me know.
      I can guarantee this, I think mercdude did the same thing I did, I went with the 3.5" intercooler and he got the 3.25" and I put in hardpipes going from the stock hardpipe to 2.5" all the way up to the TB and it is a BEAST BEAST BEAST. If you replace the stock turbo hardpipe, I can only imagine how much more oomph you're gonna gain. Plus I enjoy the nice beenfits of 35-40mpg @ 80mph on the freeway. Also on a sidenote, mercdude, do you know about possibly squishing the pipe if it's got to run under the pan, to keep the same area as the 2.5" but with less dragging on the roadway (or in my case, ice or snow) - something to forward to them to consider. I was thinking about building a set with hardpipe and silicone couplers, but if they can make a hardpipe that won't scrape on the ground and will fit our AWD's, it'd be awesome.
      Last edited by avenger09123; 11-14-2016 at 10:18 PM.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; Tuned Carb;

Might try oval piping for better clearance, but oval pipe won't fit between the oil pan and transmission. well at least with m66 it won't. Best you can do is 2.5" pipe in the oem location. Hopefully don will be able to come up with a kit for us.

ill bite i got quoted around 300 for a custom one so this makes sense, tell don to hook us up with some plenums too, tell'em D088 been throwing mad shade so its time to shake up the game..... plenums $250 boom.
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 s40 t5 AWD.. LS swap, turbosupermegacharged, 1857 hp to the windshield. etc etc etc

Not sure where the problem is....I have the Elevate FWD kit on my car, didn't have an issue installing it.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3
      2001 S60 LPT 2.5 swap, Speedtuning'd

Function > Form

Why not, I'm in. Will the ECU need any tuning to go with the added power to keep it from trying to stifle everything?

Quote Originally Posted by drjonez View Post
      Not sure where the problem is....I have the Elevate FWD kit on my car, didn't have an issue installing it.
      Really??? How does it fit? They way the FWD kit is routed, it will go over the transfer case and hang way down (if it fits at all). Maybe you could show us pics of how you did it? Here's the oem routing. Again, no one currently makes an upgraded pipe that fits:
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherWagonFan View Post
      Why not, I'm in. Will the ECU need any tuning to go with the added power to keep it from trying to stifle everything?
      Maybe, but I assume a tune that is calibrated for a bigger FMIC could account for the extra flow that would come from this upgrade as well.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Maybe, but I assume a tune that is calibrated for a bigger FMIC could account for the extra flow that would come from this upgrade as well.
      While the car will handle the upgrade without any issue, it's true potential will be stifled until it is tuned accordingly. Remember your car is pretty much a self contained unit, as long as things that matter (such as distance of MAF from the manifold on a 2.4i) are kept the same, and you just increase the efficiency of how things get done in teh car, you will be fine and the computer should adjust without throwing a CEL.

If it fits an auto I'd buy one. $200 seems like a reasonable price since I don't have a welder.
      2007 S40 T5 AWD

Really??? How does it fit? They way the FWD kit is routed, it will go over the transfer case and hang way down (if it fits at all). Maybe you could show us pics of how you did it? Here's the oem routing. Again, no one currently makes an upgraded pipe that fits...
      Next time I drop the skidplate I'll take pix...
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

Does anyone have an awd charge pipe they wouldn't mind donating to help with fabrication? I cut mine up a bit. Maybe drjonez???
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Does anyone have an awd charge pipe they wouldn't mind donating to help with fabrication? I cut mine up a bit. Maybe drjonez???
      Perhaps? I guess it all depends on whether or not I'll get it back. I have been (foolishly) keeping all the stock stuff should I finally pony up for a 335....
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

I'll double-check with Don, but I assume you will. So yes
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Btw, this pipe should fit both auto and manual.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

I'll double-check with Don, but I assume you will. So yes
      Sounds good, just LMK where to ship it.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

I've got Don's word that he'll return the donated awd pipe intact. He just needs the dimensions and mount points.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Okay, ship to:

Elevate Cars, Inc.
      Attn: Don Nicholson
      2088-A Central Ave.
      Duarte, CA 91010

Also, if anyone can take pictures of the awd pipe in place it would help with fabrication. You can send those directly to Don at: don@elevatecars.com
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Might try oval piping for better clearance, but oval pipe won't fit between the oil pan and transmission. well at least with m66 it won't. Best you can do is 2.5" pipe in the oem location. Hopefully don will be able to come up with a kit for us.
      So cool portion is just stick an appropriate length of round pipe into a vise or a premade mold and press it and you can get premade transitions from oval to round and back...boom, awesomesauce.

I might be in depending on when money will be due. Got a 2010 s40 r design m66 in September that I'm itching to start throwing money at.

Count me in !! M66 AWD, allready ordered some Elevate parts and they were good.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66
      EST 3'' DP - K&N Intakepipe - DO88 Intercooler - Forge BCV - Elevate TCV, Lowering Springs and Swaybar - E-Focus Torgue Mount - Koni STR.T - SPR Strut brace - IPD End links

okay, looks like we're up to about 10 SS members ready to buy in. Drjonez is ready to send his AWD pipe to Don for fabrication. No idea how long it'll take, but maybe a few weeks or a month to get something market ready.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by Nits View Post
      I might be in depending on when money will be due. Got a 2010 s40 r design m66 in September that I'm itching to start throwing money at.
      Congrats on the new car!
      2010 S40 T5 AWD M66 R-Desgin (The Unicorn) - KW V1 - FastCo FC04A - Elevate rear sway bar - Massive RaceSpec Adjustable Camber Arms - GoVo ecu spacer

I could be interested. Have an S40 AWD M66 I'm starting to fix up. I'm in SoCal and could probably take my car to Elevate if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1idiot View Post
      I could be interested. Have an S40 AWD M66 I'm starting to fix up. I'm in SoCal and could probably take my car to Elevate if needed.
      Okay great, I'll let Don know that may be available to him.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Okay great, I'll let Don know that may be available to him.
      ...and LMK if I should be shipping...
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

^ yes, you should be shipping.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by S40 R-by-design View Post
      Congrats on the new car!
      Thanks! As you know, it;s amazing.

^ yes, you should be shipping.
      10-4.