Elevate Group Buy - T5 AWD charge/hardpipe upgrade - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      OK 5 Months - March is Over , but Don has to Deal with Testing for State Inspection Purposes . .
      A Lot more Testing then I had to do ..
      Why's that? Isn't it on the owner to comply with state inspection requirements, not on the person selling the part unless they want to use it's "legality" to boost sales. He should just slap an "offroad use only" sticker on it and sell it in all 50 states or a Not-CARB approved on it and sell it in 49 states.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Actually, I'm not sure that he has to get CARB buy-off. I think he's just dealing with production issues at the moment.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by drjonez View Post
      Not sure where the problem is....I have the Elevate FWD kit on my car, didn't have an issue installing it.
      Pix! Ignore the mess....clutch + fuel pump in process.

2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3
      2001 S60 LPT 2.5 swap, Speedtuning'd

Function > Form

Huh. So can you take a pic where the transfer case interacts with the fwd charge pipe, aka, on the left side of the pipe? Because it seems like this one goes underneath the case instead of around it. Does the engine cover fit okay?
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

How does this fit compared to OEM http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/s...mkbtlw.jpg?322
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by mercdude View Post
      Huh. So can you take a pic where the transfer case interacts with the fwd charge pipe, aka, on the left side of the pipe? Because it seems like this one goes underneath the case instead of around it. Does the engine cover fit okay?
      Sure...I'll do that. I have the Volvo aluminum belly pan which sits insanely low anyway, so no clearance issues.

It follows the same path.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

Can't. the FWD pipe's routing physically intersects the AWD transfer case; unless you've conjured up a work-around

https://www.elevatecars.com/store/vo...turbo-fwd.html

Look at the FWD pipe on elevate's website - that 45 degree angle crosses the transfer case. On the other hand, it's pretty obvious that you've made it work ... and I'm intrigued. So more pics please!

Unless... is it possible that the auto and manual trans charge pipe has a different route?
      Last edited by mercdude; 03-27-2017 at 05:23 PM.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Cool

Longer - Hose and a Rubber Stand Off - an Cut the Pipe - Yeah , now just Spoon Feed the Other Man . .

What I really mean is only 6 Yrs. Min. and someone Finally Broke Out with some Money and Tried This ?
      Did a Little Experimental Fitting - about TIME !

Great Photo's - by the Way . .
      Last edited by EngTech; 03-27-2017 at 10:02 PM.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Can't. the FWD pipe's routing physically intersects the AWD transfer case; unless you've conjured up a work-around

https://www.elevatecars.com/store/vo...turbo-fwd.html

Look at the FWD pipe on elevate's website - that 45 degree angle crosses the transfer case. On the other hand, it's pretty obvious that you've made it work ... and I'm intrigued. So more pics please!

Unless... is it possible that the auto and manual trans charge pipe has a different route?
      You can say "can't" all day long....but the photos are real and the car has been driven with that pipe for >1 year. Perhaps more photos tonight....the week is starting out far too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      Longer - Hose and a Rubber Stand Off - an Cut the Pipe - Yeah , now just Spoon Feed the Other Man . .

What I really mean is only 6 Yrs. Min. and someone Finally Broke Out with some Money and Tried This ?
      Did a Little Experimental Fitting - about TIME !

Great Photo's - by the Way . .
      Thank you, sir.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

Dr. Jonez. Making it happen on the Volvo side too, I see!

(For those of you that aren't aware, this guy is kind of a legend over on the Audizine forums for basically the same reason. Doing difficult and hitherto impossible things and making it look like nothing.)

Quote Originally Posted by walky_talky20 View Post
      Dr. Jonez. Making it happen on the Volvo side too, I see!

(For those of you that aren't aware, this guy is kind of a legend over on the Audizine forums for basically the same reason. Doing difficult and hitherto impossible things and making it look like nothing.)
      HA! What are you doing here, man?

And yeah, I can't stop....
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

I'm fumbling through, for now. Bought a V50 for a DD/when the Audi is down. I have a lot of Volvo things to learn, which was the goal. Also, I'm trying out the wagon thing, which is AWESOME. Love it, love it, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by walky_talky20 View Post
      I'm fumbling through, for now. Bought a V50 for a DD/when the Audi is down. I have a lot of Volvo things to learn, which was the goal. Also, I'm trying out the wagon thing, which is AWESOME. Love it, love it, love it.
      Ha. You'll be fine. The Volvo world is much smaller....much less innovation (goes hand in hand w/market size...) and no VCDS. VIDA is OK....but nothing like the control you have w/VCDS.

Wagon life is indeed awesome. I miss it daily.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

Ive been kinda reading through and am i to understand that you made a FWD pipe fit an AWD S40? if i was Don reading this thread id be pissed lol.
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

lol
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Dude @walky_talky20 it's been forever since I've been on the zine myself. Glad to see you here !

Quote Originally Posted by jondevieonS40 View Post
      Ive been kinda reading through and am i to understand that you made a FWD pipe fit an AWD S40? if i was Don reading this thread id be pissed lol.
      Still doesn't matter, a lot of people just want a smooth install and proper fitment.
      The moment i'm busy and takes me longer than necessary i'm happy to pay the extra for a AWD pipe.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66
      EST 3'' DP - K&N Intakepipe - DO88 Intercooler - Forge BCV - Elevate TCV, Lowering Springs and Swaybar - E-Focus Torgue Mount - Koni STR.T - SPR Strut brace - IPD End links

Personally, I'm hyper-conscious that anything that doesn't look stock will violate my state's emissions inspection. I want absolutely nothing aftermarket that can't pass as stock and not having the stock engine pan fit, would be a red flag.
      Btw, I already made a custom AWD charge pipe and I can confirm that it makes a difference.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Whats the word on this is Don gonna hook us up or are we all buying FWD charge pipes?
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

Fitment ?

Quote Originally Posted by drjonez View Post
      Pix! Ignore the mess....clutch + fuel pump in process.

I think the main point is that it wont "fit well" as the awd one would, but that's good to know... May go this route myself then, prior to going stage 2.5...

You just need an extra long bolt and maybe a collar to put in between
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

I just bought a FWD pipe off a friend, planning on installing it this weekend. I'll get side by side pics of the differences and see what all is needed for a "good" fitment.

That'd be great info mniwt. Since dons still 'working' on the awd pipe, let's find out what alternatives exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

He only should give a update or a expected date when it's available, if he is watching this thread.... This wat happens when you take to long and come on how hard can it be.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66
      EST 3'' DP - K&N Intakepipe - DO88 Intercooler - Forge BCV - Elevate TCV, Lowering Springs and Swaybar - E-Focus Torgue Mount - Koni STR.T - SPR Strut brace - IPD End links

...let's find out what alternatives exist.
      We know that already....well, I do.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3

Function > Form

27. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4