Elevate Group Buy - T5 AWD charge/hardpipe upgrade - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      So, I have the Elevate intercooler (actually a Bell from what I've read) along with their Stage-1 tune on my '07 S40 T5 MM66. So, will this all work for my car as well? I thought that the stock charge air piping was upgraded with the Elevate mods but apparently not? I bought my car after all of this was done to it. Someone let me know. Also, if I do this will I have to get a re-tune or am I good with my current Elevate tune?
      '98 S70 T5 Emerald Green IPD and other Upgrades/ '07 S40 T5 M-66 MT Mystic Silver Metallic, Heico Sports Suspension & Cone Air Filter, OZ 18" Wheels, Elevate Dual Exhaust Intake Manifold BOV & Stage 1 Tune, 27mm Racing Beat Rear Sway, Proforged Rear End Links, Ultra Racing Strut Tower brace & E-Focus Mount/ '04 V70 2.5T Ruby Red - IPD Upgrades (wife's car)/ '07 S60 2.5T Barrent Blue (son's car) All: Mobil-1 synthetic @ 5K miles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MadeInJapan View Post
      So, I have the Elevate intercooler (actually a Bell from what I've read) along with their Stage-1 tune on my '07 S40 T5 MM66. So, will this all work for my car as well? I thought that the stock charge air piping was upgraded with the Elevate mods but apparently not? I bought my car after all of this was done to it. Someone let me know. Also, if I do this will I have to get a re-tune or am I good with my current Elevate tune?
      If you have an upgraded hard pipe, it's not an Elevate. If that was the case he wouldn't need pictures and a OEM pipe for the design process. It's possible you have silicone couplers though- I think Elevate does sell those. It might be optimal with a re-tune but it's certainly not required.
      2007 S40 T5 AWD

Fully Understanding the ? `\ : - )

The Bell Connected up to Original Location of ( Turbo Exit Pipe ) so shouldn't be an Issue and Elevate Tune should Handle It .
      Id You Add a DP - Only then - You need Stage 2 as I don't believe Don's Tunes are running that Lean . .

Highlighted and Underlined & Italics : Only Then
      Last edited by EngTech; 01-23-2017 at 08:15 AM.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Elevate does have an upgraded hardpipe, but not for AWD models.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by mercdude View Post
      Not too late, elevate is still working on production.
      Just to throw this out there, it's not like this thread offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase an AWD pipe. This thread is/was to gauge interest in a new product to propose to Elevate for consideration. Elevate is putting this new product into production and it will forever be available for purchase for as long as Don continues to sell parts for the P1 platform.

Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      Id You Add a DP - then - You need Stage 2 as I don't believe Don's Tunes are running that Lean . .
      Actually, Elevate's K04 tunes are now written to be "one tune fits all." Their "stage 1" tune is no different than their "stage 2" tune, the difference is the parts you have on your car. This hasn't proven to be problematic for anyone, because the car is limiting itself with slow-flow parts. The only problem you will face is OBDII emissions, when your stage 1 tune reveals that it has a "stage 2" O2 sensor delete for potential catless DPs.

Shark and Hilton are writing their tunes specifically for the parts you list, so if you upgrade a part, it's best to tell them about it. Tunes mainly need to be accommodated for the intake, manifolds, and a downpipe. If it's just a catback or even these hard pipes, your car should adapt without any problem. You might get +5hp having the tune rewritten for the larger diameters, but +5hp isn't worth the cost of an updated tune file.
      Rule of thumb, if there's not a sensor connected to it, it most likely won't need a re-tune.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Just to throw this out there, it's not like this thread offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase an AWD pipe. This thread is/was to gauge interest in a new product to propose to Elevate for consideration. Elevate is putting this new product into production and it will forever be available for purchase for as long as Don continues to sell parts for the P1 platform.
      Do you really think that's the case? I haven't been around for any other groupbuys, but when I think of them, the Snabb short shifter comes to mind. That was only done once and I feel very lucky to have picked one up afterward.
      2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 || 1987 Toyota MR2 || 2002 Lexus IS300 [hers] || 2008 Volvo V50 T5 [Sold 2016] || 2001 Acura Integra GSR [Stolen 2010 lol]

Quote Originally Posted by V50toS40 View Post
      Do you really think that's the case? I haven't been around for any other groupbuys, but when I think of them, the Snabb short shifter comes to mind. That was only done once and I feel very lucky to have picked one up afterward.
      I've participated in numerous Elevate "group buys" and it has always been for a product they would carry. Don has never been known to devote production time to a product that they would not sell for years to come. Actually, they've ignored a few product requests because there wasn't enough committed interest to make it worth adding to their catalog.

Snabb sold their P1 short shifter kit for years, or they had a lot of extra kits to sell after the group buy. I was under the impression they discontinued it due to the number of complaints about over stretched shifter cables.

Well mniwt is correct in that this thread was and is to get commitment to it buy but wrong in that we know for sure don will forever produce an awd hardpipe. It could be a short production run or batch production, it depends on his business model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Here's the e-mail I had gotten from Don.

It will be a standard stocking item when complete, although we might offer a promotion upon launch to get some out there.
      Don
      Sorry... I didn't intend for that to look like an "I told you so." Bad timing on my part... This was the e-mail I had received from Don earlier, just confirming that it'll be a long term product.
      Last edited by MyNameIdeasWereTaken; 01-23-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Well, damn. actually I think that's great. As long as it gets out there, I'm happy and will consider this a big win for ss members.

2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

I'm happy and will consider this a big win for ss members.
      For sure! Don has been collaborating a lot with C30 owners to make front splitters, side splitters, and rear diffusers for all four variants of the C30. I'm glad he's still actively making parts for our platform!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      I was under the impression they discontinued it due to the number of complaints about over stretched shifter cables.
      Okay this is concerning lol
      2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 || 1987 Toyota MR2 || 2002 Lexus IS300 [hers] || 2008 Volvo V50 T5 [Sold 2016] || 2001 Acura Integra GSR [Stolen 2010 lol]

Quote Originally Posted by V50toS40 View Post
      Okay this is concerning lol
      As long as you have it set to the lowest setting you should be fine. I know a few people who have had the Snabb SS kit installed for over 100k miles of use with no issues. But I also know some people that installed it on the highest setting (shortest shift throw possible) and they started getting cable stretch problems.
      Despite these warnings, I'm still interested in trying one out if I can ever get my hands on one!

Thanks for all the answers to my questions... I'll eagerly await Elevate developing this piece! It's good to know that I don't have to worry about a re-tune from them. As mine is AWD and I've learned that there wasn't an upgrade (really) for this, it will be interesting. I suppose I've never really paid attention to how mine is routed. I'll have to pull the skid plate once it warms up and grab a picture. Oh, and I don't have to worry about OBD2 emissions...I don't live in a state that measures them to pass or not!!
      Last edited by MadeInJapan; 01-23-2017 at 10:35 PM.
      '98 S70 T5 Emerald Green IPD and other Upgrades/ '07 S40 T5 M-66 MT Mystic Silver Metallic, Heico Sports Suspension & Cone Air Filter, OZ 18" Wheels, Elevate Dual Exhaust Intake Manifold BOV & Stage 1 Tune, 27mm Racing Beat Rear Sway, Proforged Rear End Links, Ultra Racing Strut Tower brace & E-Focus Mount/ '04 V70 2.5T Ruby Red - IPD Upgrades (wife's car)/ '07 S60 2.5T Barrent Blue (son's car) All: Mobil-1 synthetic @ 5K miles.

Or you can just check out the pics I already included here
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Any news? I'm eagerly awaiting this to order with a few other upgrades all at once.
      2010 S40 T5 R-Design M66 AWD -- IPD rear sway bar -- Elevate Intake, intake pipe -- drjonez race mode switch -- do88 intercooler -- Eibach Pro springs incoming -- shark stage 3 incoming --

No more news from Don, yet. Last I heard a few weeks ago he's still working on production.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Cool

No more news from Don, yet. Last I heard a few weeks ago he's still working on production.
      Must Be it's Not as Easy as One would Think !
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Or there are other priorities

2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

I'm not in a hurry and i hope that Don has some other priorities as well.
      It's good for him and us if Elevate keeps existing.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66
      EST 3'' DP - K&N Intakepipe - DO88 Intercooler - Forge BCV - Elevate TCV, Lowering Springs and Swaybar - E-Focus Torgue Mount - Koni STR.T - SPR Strut brace - IPD End links

Or there are other priorities

Yes, like acquiring K-Pax Performance...
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by GRat9717 View Post
      Yes, like acquiring K-Pax Performance...
      Yes I had read that :
      Nice Move on His behave - Very Cool - OK - More Tools Don .

Yeah there are lots to consider - like Ground Clearance , Flow , Drive Train Movement .
      K- Pax Racing Guys - now Renting Space from Don , I wonder ?

Hang tight guys, still in R&D phase.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Could he give a estimated time ?
      I wasn't in a hurry but i now have a intake leak, i would like to do both at once because i'm short of time.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66
      EST 3'' DP - K&N Intakepipe - DO88 Intercooler - Forge BCV - Elevate TCV, Lowering Springs and Swaybar - E-Focus Torgue Mount - Koni STR.T - SPR Strut brace - IPD End links

Elevate Group Buy - T5 AWD charge/hardpipe upgrade

I just bought the do88 for $414.90 shipped. Last day of the group buy do88TBGB promo code on Eurosport tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 R1 Slotted Rotors&EBC Red Stuff, straightpipe, eibach springs

Quote Originally Posted by thefisch33 View Post
      I just bought the do88 for $414.90 shipped. Last day of the group buy do88TBGB promo code on Eurosport tuning

An IC or a charge pipe? I know do88 makes an upgraded hard pipe but wasn't aware it was AWD compatible...
      2007 S40 T5 AWD

Sorry IC

2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 R1 Slotted Rotors&EBC Red Stuff, straightpipe, eibach springs

Quote Originally Posted by thefisch33 View Post

So did I! Great deal!!
      2010 S40 T5 R-Design M66 AWD -- IPD rear sway bar -- Elevate Intake, intake pipe -- drjonez race mode switch -- do88 intercooler -- Eibach Pro springs incoming -- shark stage 3 incoming --

To my knowledge, no one makes an AWD hardpipe. Don't confuse the FWD hardpipe for the AWD hardpipe. They have similar but distinctly different routing.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Hey Mercdude, any news?

Still in production - apparently Don's fabricator is having a hard time due to the complex variations of turns/bends.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Unbelievable how often the AWD part gives more difficulties but understandable if you know our cars.
      Mayby some motivation from him, when he's finished it i'm going to order more with it
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Most Likely they are trying different Configurations . .

Coming up on 9 Months Thou . . . .

Well not 9 months, but 3-4 yeah.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

OK 5 Months - March is Over , but Don has to Deal with Testing for State Inspection Purposes . .
      A Lot more Testing then I had to do ..

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast