SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

A thread about image hosting

960 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DevolvR 
#1 ·
Given Swedespeed is populated by dead photobucket links I thought that it would be beneficial to post the best image host I know about: That host is Imgur.com it is used by reddit etc... no account needed, no bandwith limits, high resolution, works on mobile, kept forever.

#2 ·
Even Photobucket shouldn't be dead links unless the users just moved stuff around and failed to maintain it.

This is why I've almost always hosted my own stuff on my own domain. If my domain dies, it's because I'm dead or homeless or something drastic like that.

But, I've used and still use imgur. It really is one of the easiest and best hosts there is for images.

#5 ·
Even Photobucket shouldn't be dead links unless the users just moved stuff around and failed to maintain it.

This is why I've almost always hosted my own stuff on my own domain. If my domain dies, it's because I'm dead or homeless or something drastic like that.

But, I've used and still use imgur. It really is one of the easiest and best hosts there is for images.
Well, that's incorrect. Photobucket seems to like to remove image links that are taking more bandwidth. zits the same thing they are doing similar to the old imageshack as they fall from being the preferred general image host.

Majority of my images from my build thread have been with Photobucket, which majority has been removed or does not allow for external embedding.

#3 ·
Thanks, bookmarked. Will try next time!

#4 ·
Photobucket has made themselves much more complicated to use.
However, since I don't post may pictures these days, it's easier to just leave it all where it is.
I occasionally (like once a year) delete some old photos so that's what you are seeing, people that have deleted their own shots

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.