Short antenna - photo included
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Short antenna - photo included

Hi

I've always thought that long antennas are ugly. I've always switched the antennas on the cars I own to a shorter style.

Yesterday I received the one I ordered for the C70. I ordered it from www.stubbyantenna.com

They dint have one listed for the C70, so I emailed them requesting support and the provided me with a list of compatible antennas. They did note that the base is smaller than that of the Volvo C70. However, after installation, I'm very happy with the result. I think the package is very elegant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2013 Peugeot 508 Allure - Thorium Grey
      2013 Volvo C70 T5 - Electric Sliver with Cranberry Interior Pole*
      2016 Volvo XC-90 Inscription - Ember Black with 20" Wheels on Air - Pole*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So how well does it work? Are you still able to pull in AM and FM stations that are 50 miles away? It certainly looks nice and it shouldn't get caught in the trunk lid like the longer one sometimes does.

Oops! I just noticed where you live and I have no idea what radio bands are used there so my question may not be relevant.
      Last edited by billshoff; 01-19-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billshoff View Post
      So how well does it work? Are you still able to pull in AM and FM stations that are 50 miles away? It certainly looks nice and it shouldn't get caught in the trunk lid like the longer one sometimes does.

Oops! I just noticed where you live and I have no idea what radio bands are used there so my question may not be relevant.
      I did test it briefly and the FM station that I'm used to listening work just fine. I think there shouldn't be any quality issues. I didn't test any AM stations.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That looks good; but our originals aren't too bad. I would replace with a stubby if something happened to ours. I replaced our FIAT 500L antenna with a carbon fiber stubby from some place on eBay for about 6 bucks...works fine...even came with a half-dozen adapters. Back in the early Miata days, I replaced our fairly long(as in typical 1960s) whip with a much shorter unit(about the length of the C70 original). Really cleaned up the lines of that car!

I'm now remembering the automatic antenna on our '04 C70 ragtop...funny how times change!

Edit: Pretty sure this is the one we have:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABL-5-100-Ca...%7CModel%3AC70
      Last edited by coachrick; 01-19-2017 at 04:30 PM.
      Current: '13 C70 Caspian Blue 2015 FIAT 500L Lounge Grigio Chiaro...until Volvo brings the XC40 to the States!!!
      Previous Volvos[/I]: '11 C70 Ice White;
      Polestar ,'10 XC60 T6 Electric Silver; '08 C70, '07 XC70, '04 V70', '04 C70, '01 S40, '80 242 GT '72 145

Quote Originally Posted by osama_momen View Post
      Hi
      Yesterday I received the one I ordered for the C70. I ordered it from www.stubbyantenna.com
      They dint have one listed for the C70, so I emailed them requesting support and the provided me with a list of compatible antennas. They did note that the base is smaller than that of the Volvo C70. However, after installation, I'm very happy with the result. I think the package is very elegant.
      Which one did you order - the O-series? Did it come with any adapters or did you have to find your own?
      regtor
      2011 C70 T5 polestar | electric silver metallic/cranberry
      dynamic, multimedia, climate & convenience packages
      blis, sport pedals, oem front strut bar, elevate rear sway bar, mods4cars smart top, volvotech vbb4 rear camera

Quote Originally Posted by regtor View Post
      Which one did you order - the O-series? Did it come with any adapters or did you have to find your own?
      That's correct. It came with 2 adapters. You just screw it on. I'm loving the look!

i'm fine with ours. but i did replace my wife's prius' stock metal antennae with a shark fin type on her roof
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak/18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

My daughters antenna was broken so after seeing this thread I searched eBay for a 4" stubby antenna. This one was $3.74 shipped- that's right, $3.74. It came with 3 adapters and took about 30 seconds to install. Hopefully a couple of pics attach. The car is a little dirty.

I did the same. My original antenna was bent. Someone leaned on it or the car wash or something. It cannot be unbent. I tried reception with no antenna and it was fine in the city so I went with the small one and will remember to remove before car wash brushes have another chance.

How is the radio reception?
      Did you guys get this one?
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Universal-...-/311723857037
      regtor
      2011 C70 T5 polestar | electric silver metallic/cranberry
      dynamic, multimedia, climate & convenience packages
      blis, sport pedals, oem front strut bar, elevate rear sway bar, mods4cars smart top, volvotech vbb4 rear camera

That looks like the one I got but I got mine from a seller who shipped from within the US as I didn't want to wait as long for it to arrive. I didn't test reception as my daughter just plays music from her phone. Reception was fine locally with no antenna. So it's at least that good.

May 11, 2017
      My reception has increased exponentially with the B series stubby antenna. I can't believe it. I got mine from the stubbyantenna.com place in B.C. I wanted the B type as it is an extra 6 inches when you pull up the upper portion.
      I had almost 0 AM radio reception. Now I have full reception for the ball games. If anyone wants a picture let me know.
      2011 S40 T5 Polestar-Barents-Convector Wheels/BLIS/R Type Spoiler
      2011- C70-T5 - Polestar--Electric Silver-Loaded- except Blis
      1987- Vanagon Westy Camper

Quote Originally Posted by gotart View Post
      May 11, 2017
      My reception has increased exponentially with the B series stubby antenna. I can't believe it. I got mine from the stubbyantenna.com place in B.C. I wanted the B type as it is an extra 6 inches when you pull up the upper portion.
      I had almost 0 AM radio reception. Now I have full reception for the ball games. If anyone wants a picture let me know.

I would love to see a pic.. Thanks
      2012 C70 Inscription - Sapphire Black/Off Black

Here they are:

I can do an extreme closeup if you want it. We can do a private message with that.
      2011 S40 T5 Polestar-Barents-Convector Wheels/BLIS/R Type Spoiler
      2011- C70-T5 - Polestar--Electric Silver-Loaded- except Blis
      1987- Vanagon Westy Camper

Thanks for posting. That looks nice

Very Nice - I really like that one.... kudos
      2012 C70 Inscription - Sapphire Black/Off Black

That B type looks to be the ticket. Their web site really sells it short by not showing the extension. It would be nice to keep it short until you need AM.

Just waiting for mine to finally break off from the car wash.
      2009 Polestar C70 M66 Passion Red/Graphite/Aluminum - Volvo Strut bar, Volvo wind blocker, K&N, ECU Spacer, e-Focus torque mount, JBRacing RSB, Moog Mazdaspeed end links, 722908030 Porsche TCV, Silicone IC Hose Kit, Koni FSD, need to mount 31338475 IC. Next: downpipe, Rica stage 2.
      2011 XC60 3.2L Barents Blue/Anthracite/Aluminum - rings/pistons at 35k, new engine at 50k.

AM is gone, but the looks...
      C70 I 2.0 -> C70 II T5 -> the Moon?

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements