Ongoing build - 2005 V50T with Elevate tune and 200K - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by mercdude View Post
      Did you ever adjust your rear camber?
      Yep! Details above, but I ended up adjusting it manually and eyeballing it. Works well enough for now.
      - Brian
      Michigander, aspiring lumberjack, Subaru Ambassador

2005 V50 AWD - "V."

Elevate tune, Heico suspension, & 199K miles

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I had a feeler thread out there to see if there was any interest in purchasing the V50, but interest dwindled and I decided we're keeping it. We're only 500 miles away from the 200K heritage club!

Spent a great day with the mom wagon today. Since we purchased this car, I became a Subaru Ambassador. It's been great, but it means that when I'm not driving a company fleet vehicle, I'm driving the Subaru. My wife has been driving the mom wagon but I'm trading her for a while so I can get some seat time to see if the car needs anything that she's not noticing.

I took a few hours today and cleaned it - and I mean CLEANED. It's cleaner than it's been in years, I'm sure. Felt good to wipe it all down, deep clean and vacuum. I also replaced the PS motor mount that I've had for a few months. Like any other job, I was nervous about it since I've never done it before. Man, it was easy. One of the bolts was extremely stubborn and took a ton of effort to break loose, but it's done. The one I replaced might have been stock, but can't tell for sure. It was bubbled and spongy, and looked like it was leaking quite a bit.

The wagon is out in the driveway, air drying. First drive with the new mount will be tomorrow - hoping to feel some improvement in the rattling from the front end.

Did a quick inspection of the underbody - everything seems solid. Bushings, springs, tie rods. Didn't realize I was missing a skid plate! It's so damn low to the ground, and that belt is only about 3-4 inches from the pavement. Makes me nervous, so I'm bumping that iPD aluminum plate WAY up on my list. I'll be investigating a very slow coolant leak - looks like it's just a hose somewhere. Few drips on the pavement. Checked air pressure in the tires while I was at it, and a visual inspection of all the brake pads. She's in great shape.
      - Brian

2005 V50 AWD - "V."

Be sensitive to coolant leaks. There's about 3 areas it could be leaking, 2 of which mean big problems. The drivers side radiator hose can leak where it connects to the radiator. That hose also has a catastrophic failure point in the middle where a plastic fitting is - if that hose hasn't been replaced, do it asap! Many of overheated p1s have resulted from that. The other place to look at is the heater core connectors under the dash. If a bad o ring the leak will slowly increase in severity and may ultimately claim your cem. Ask me how I know - all 3 of these have happened to my unicorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Quote Originally Posted by mercdude View Post
      Be sensitive to coolant leaks. There's about 3 areas it could be leaking, 2 of which mean big problems. The drivers side radiator hose can leak where it connects to the radiator. That hose also has a catastrophic failure point in the middle where a plastic fitting is - if that hose hasn't been replaced, do it asap! Many of overheated p1s have resulted from that. The other place to look at is the heater core connectors under the dash. If a bad o ring the leak will slowly increase in severity and may ultimately claim your cem. Ask me how I know - all 3 of these have happened to my unicorn
      Sheesh. Thanks for the heads up! I have been keeping an eye on the level in the reservoir and filling it as needed to keep it from overheating. Been a splash or two every other day.

The heater core connectors under the dash - what do those look like? I can check the hose near the radiator but I'm not familiar with the heater core.
      - Brian

2005 V50 AWD - "V."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stilts View Post
      Sheesh. Thanks for the heads up! I have been keeping an eye on the level in the reservoir and filling it as needed to keep it from overheating. Been a splash or two every other day.

The heater core connectors under the dash - what do those look like? I can check the hose near the radiator but I'm not familiar with the heater core.
      I'd be worried about the heater core/hoses if there was a coolant smell in the cabin and more so if the passenger side carpet was soaked in coolant.
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

The problem is that coolant gets underneath the carpet, between the foam and floor board so you may not smell anything. I certainly didn't notice any smell of anti-freeze and I had about a gallon of coolant under the carpets. I only figured out there was a problem with the heater core after I noticed a few small drops of coolant on the floor mat. Honestly, I was shocked to discover how much coolant was under the carpet.

And check out this thread http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ng-Replacement
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3