Thanks for making this a sticky for convenient notification for Sensus (e.g., MY16+ 90 series). These links also provide installation instructions.
Summary of Latest Roadmap Updates (as of April 21, 2017):
1182, April 21, 2017: Europe, North America, Pacific, Africa and Middle East
1180, April 11, 2017: India, Israel, South America, Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Turkey
OTA Roadmap Updates: Unconfirmed: possible for small regions; not possible for larger regions and bigger files
Map version: version 1182* released April 21, 2017
US: @ http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9378 US site: officially still 1176
UK/Global: @ http://support.volvocars.com/uk/down...=map&cscount=8
Warning: As of 4/24/2017, VCNA recommends use of US download site (not U.K.) for US models
Voice control: 31654529AA released January 25, 2017 **
US: @ http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9765
UK/Global: @ http://support.volvocars.com/uk/down...&cstype=speech
Navigation Services (explains things like Navigation, Glympse, Local Search, Find Fuel)
US: @ http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...016/model/XC90
UK/Global: @ http://support.volvocars.com/uk/Page...a8015123e96919
* Road map versions vary by map region - ranging from 1180 to 1182. Check your specific region if not North America or Europe.
** Per TJ 32185.1.1, voice control will be updated semi-annually (e.g., May and November)
Supplemental SwedeSpeedsters' Instructions
See detailed instructions at Post #36 on top of page 2. Big thanks to SDspeed.
1. Road map updates and Voice command updates have slowed to about every calendar quarter.This may be the result of a pending a major Sensus update (announced in conjunction with XC60 redesign).
2. Road map updates can take up to 2 hours to download and has a progress percent complete. Voice update has an installation in progress but no progress percent complete. Notifications and status can be pulled down from top menu.
3. OTA road map updates are currently not practical (based on large amounts of data). If you only have a smaller region installed, OTA update is reportedly possible. Use your WiFi connection and save your mobile data if you can.
4. If you use a Mac, search for the file starting with "Sensus" in the Download folder to launch the App that downloads the Maps to a USB drive (recommended). A Windows PC will prompt you to run the Program which you want to do while the Mac just downloads the App.
5. An empty 64 GB USB drive is recommended for larger downloads (e.g., full US) formatted as exFAT (or FAT32 w/ third party apps). SDspeed reported that NTSF will also work.
6. Installation in the car can be done "on the go", at home, et al.
A. At home, you must babysit the car and occasionally touch the screen or home button so Sensus stays awake.
B. On the go, leave the USB drive plugged in until the installation is complete even if your trips are shorter than
the 30 minutes needed. Sensus will resume the install where it left off.
C. Voice commands must be performed separately.
D. Once the installation(s) are complete, you must turn off the car and preferably lock it to re-set Sensus.
7. Per. Volvo, verify that your build (before Nov. 14, 2016) has at least the November 2016 total software update before installing the newer road maps and voice commands. If you do did not and do not experience any issues, you may be fine.
7. Dealers generally will not update roadmaps and apps unless you specifically request it (from my experience).
P.S.: I will review the posted information monthly and try to keep this current until OTA becomes a reality. Feel free to send me a PM if I am tardy in updating.