2009 C30 R MT White/Blk, 104k mi, immaculate. Los Angeles, CA
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2009 C30 R MT White/Blk, 104k mi, immaculate. Los Angeles, CA

Looking for someone to adore this car as much as I have... my lemons can be your lemonade. There's a long story involving the death of my mother, and my mentally ill sister, but that's the context for why I have to sell the car, not why you want to buy it.

The bad, right up front:
      It has a salvage title. It was parked next to a building that caught fire, and the insurance company didn't want to cover the costs of replacing all the trim, and heat damage. Bill Malik at Valencia Volvo Independent was notified that the car went to auction, inspected it, and recommended we get it because all the damage was cosmetic. So we bought her, and he made her gorgeous again. At the same time, we did the few maintenance items needed, and the car doesn't have any issues. There are a few cosmetic blips inside: a mar on the front passenger seat, and a small ding in the panel near the shifter. Photos of the exterior dings are above (a door ding and a mar on the front spoiler where the car rubbed a parking curb I didn't see in the dark, grrrr).

The good is pretty good:
      It's all stock, no mods. No nav, no BLIS, no reverse warning, but all the goodies that come with the R Design.
      Kept garaged, non-smoker, no issues. The tires have more than half their tread life in them.
      Maintenance is current, no repairs or mechanical issues to address

I spent over $12k buying and getting her back to perfect, and I would like to get $11k. The salvage title will probably mean a cash deal. I will consider delivering to west coast locations, upon discussion.

You can call Bill Malik at Valencia Volvo Independent if you have questions about her condition, what he did to resurrect her, etc. (661) 298-2784

All other inquiries, feel free to contact me (Pacific time):
      Vanessa Spady
      559-Two 3 To-0383
      I live in a hilly area, and don't always have signal. Please leave a message if I don't pick up, and I'll get back to you right away.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ok, there have been over 350 views, but no comments. Does this ad lack something? Does the car have cooties? Looking for your input on how to make her more attractive to sell. Thanks!

That's actually sort of how the classifieds are supposed to be. If someone is interested in buying, then they could say something in the post or by PM. People who aren't buyers typically don't need to say much of anything. If anyone has advice on pricing, photos, cooties, etc, this is best handled by PM. If you're asking why it's not sold in a month, two words; salvage title. It's just a tougher sell, there's no getting around it. I'm not up on my pricing, so I can't give you anything there, but salvage title cars are just hard to move. All that said, best of luck with your sale. White is a great color on that car.
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks. I know salvage title is often a deal killer, so here I go, into the hinterlands.

I have six Volvos, and without intention, this is the fifth white one. Hopefully my next one will be a color.
      98 V70 T5
      99 V70 T5m
      03 V40
      06 V70 2.5T
      09 C30 Rm
      11 V50 T5

Do you by chance have pictures of when it was damaged (with all the body parts melted)? I've bought a salvage titled car or two, and while I'm officially looking for a wagon...this thing's kinda sweet.

Yeah, I'm really fond of this car, it's been a treat to drive.

I am sure there were some taken by the insurance company and auction house...but I don't have any. I will check with Bill Malik and see if he has any. Stand by until Monday afternoon; I will have an answer then. Thanks!
      Last edited by vspady; 03-05-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Ok, everyone who had photos of the damage has looked, and we've come up empty. Sorry. Confirmed front spoiler and headlight on passenger side were replaced from heat melt, as well as front R fender and wiring in passenger door (just to be on the safe side). The rear bumper was damaged when they dragged the car away from the building, so it was replaced, too. And we did all the mechanical maintenance, repairs, and little things to make her as close to 100% as she could be.
      : )

I actually found a local one that I'm going to buy, but this is sweet (and the only reason I even looked locally... Never considered the C30 before seeing yours).
      GLWS! If you want me to run a carfax for you so you can post with this, LMK.
      -Allen

Quote Originally Posted by GoldieRT View Post
      I actually found a local one that I'm going to buy,
      Just out of curiosity, since I'm in the DC area too, what kind of deal are you getting since I'm looking for pricing info on an R I'll be selling soon myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldieRT View Post
      I actually found a local one that I'm going to buy, but this is sweet (and the only reason I even looked locally... Never considered the C30 before seeing yours).
      GLWS! If you want me to run a carfax for you so you can post with this, LMK.
      -Allen

I would LOVE a CarFax, thank you! How do we go about it?

Just PM me your plate # and I'll send you the carfax

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements