Hello my American friends!
This is my car: 1995 850 T-5R Cream Yellow. It's an italy imported car so it has the 2.0L engine and smaller turbo.
Since there isn't a lot of active Volvo communities in Sweden (pretty ironic huh?), and loving forums and communities as I do, that kinda bums me out.
So is it okay if I join you guys and sharing my own 850, it's history and progression over the years?
I love posting picture of my car and hearing peoples opinion but since I have already posted a lot of progression on some forums in Sweden, do you want me to begin at the beginning? Post some picture of the car over the last 10 years and read about the history and things this car has been through or do you want me to pick up at where I am today?
This formatting is copied from JaredR that was a pure joy to read.
What's the history of this car?
- 1995-03-07: Sold in Italy
- - 2007-05-03: Reserved for more information when I get to my car and see the documentation from Italy
- 2007-05-04: Importet from Italy to Sweden. I don't know much about the car until my brother got it. But I have all the names of the guys owning it during its time in Sweden so I might hit them up and ask some stuff about the car!
- - 2010-06-28: My brother buys this dreamcar of his.
- 2011-05-11: My brother passed away and the car stands still for 2 years.
- 2013-04-18: I get the keys.
What was done to it before I got it?
Before my brother got it it had:
- The usual XC-grill, V70 tail lights, X70 handles and US-indicators mods were made to it. Solid mods.
- Also these ugly eyelids on the headlights and chromed out side mirrors that got scrapped the day my brother got it.
- It also came with a 4" exhaust tip.
My brother did the following mods:
- Bilstein HD's in the rear and Coilovers in the front.
- Put GAS 12" subwoofers in the trunk.
- Sold the fugly wheels he got with the car and put it on original 18" R's on 215/35-18.
- Kept the paintwork up waxing it and polishing it, a little too much I'm afraid. He was obsessed with it being clean.
- Tinted windows all around and often got stopped for it.. Kinda made friends with the police since we lives in a small local town. (tinted front windows is illegal in Sweden)
What have I done so far?
- Over the years I have done very many small modifications aswell as changing parts to parts in better condition. I have also put my own touch to it as I want it to kinda stand out from the rest of the Yellows.
- The first thing I did was buying 19" Dotz Roadsters that I got pretty cheap. After a year I traded them to these white 19" fake R wheels and kept them on for a year. The third year I actually found BBS 18" Nebulas that were OEM to V70 and S60 dirt cheap ($80) with good tires. These have stuck with me and I'll even consider buying a set of new tires to them this year for the first time in my life!
- Black vinyl on B & C pillars which in my opinion makes the car look even sicker.
- Wind deflectors is a must with black pillars and makes the car look great. Unfortunately my friend opened rear window and one deflector got sucked out and now lies somewhere in Stockholm..
- Smoke tinted headlights and indicators that I didn't grew very fond of and removed after a while.
- Later around at the time where I exchanged my Dotz to 19" R, I also removed the rails and used "long trim".
- A front lip got mounted! At this time I want the car to get a more aggressive look and the front lip really gets it there.
- I have changed the entire rear right brake "system" > calipers, brake disc, handbrake and pads.
- Then I got the BBS wheels. This is the year I make very many changes to the car. (2016)
- Got a new, bigger air filter cone.
- Mounted lowering springs in the front (my other brother took the coilovers after our brother passed away), still have the rear ones in a box but since I lived 40 minutes from my parents and where the garage was, I really didn't have the time.
- I bought new rear spoiler brake light, some LED's to the number plate and new OEM VOLVO, T-5R and TWR flag emblems! The emblems are gonna wait until I get the trunk painted.
My friends T5 with some mods on it got a cracked block and he decided to strip it and sell the parts. I were the guy that bought almost every nice thing on it..
- But here is where I start to go crazy with the aggressive look. I drilled 4 HUGE holes on the trim under the right headlight - don't really think it's functional but man it looks mad.
- I also refurbished the XC grill and painted it black with chrome frame.
- Changed the dashboard to one in better condition (e.g. the leather around the airbag is fine on this one while my was reeeeaaaally ugly)
- Changed the gas springs in the trunk to actual working ones.
- Changed the headlights to better looking ones.
- Got v70 washer nozzles, that improvement tho..
What does it still need/what am I planning on doing?
- Wind deflector, I really need to find a rear right one. Feels off to have only the front ones.
- Handbrake needs to be fixed this spring if it's gonna pass the yearly inspection.
- Emblems are gonna get fitted on the car as soon as the paint is better.
- MOMO Strut bar is literally standing in a corner at my apartment. Can't wait to get it mounted!
- Armrest in better condition also laying in my apartment just waiting to get installed.
- I have 2 fog lights in better condition at my parents in a box. The winter in sweden can be really snowy and cold so I don't want to stand outside fixing the car..
- Also at my parents is a 3" straight pipe from the turbo with a racekat. A 16T in good shape is also just waiting to get installed....
- Lower even more, maybe cut the springs 1 row? And mount the rear ones. I wan't the car to get an aggressive stance. Not too aggressive since I still want to drive the thing around.
- 25mm spacers in the rear to get those wheels out. It looks awkward when theyre hiding under the fender like that.
- Probably new tires 215/35-18 for 2017.
- Putty(?) the hole for headlight wipers. The hole is just there and looks wrong. I need to fill it and paint the trim.
- TWR sticker on the front spoiler, ala BTCC style.
- Mount the front lip again, I removed it to get it painted but it never happened so I just want to install it again.
- Paint or dip the trim around the car! The grey trim looks so sad and I just want it to look good again..
- Change vinyl on B and C pillars to shiny black. Funny story. When I bought the vinyl, they didnt have black... They had black diamond that glittered in the light.. But I bought that and sprayed it black so it looks alot better, but right now I feel that it could've been done right from the start.
- "Svenska T-gul Klubben" (Swedish Cream Yellow Club" decor on windshield. This is not prio 1 but I'd love to support the Swedish yellow club and this feels like the right way to do it.
- Nordic R decor on rear window (mayybe). I don't know about this one. I don't want to put too many stickers on it but the Nordic R is the swedish R community and they kinda deserve a place on the car aswell.
- Get an XC-grill again. Some sad things happened to the car last fall. Firstly someone stole my newly refurbished XC-grill. A week later I see this note on my windshield that says that someone witnessed a couple of drunk teenagers jumping on my hood and roof. This took some toll on me and I decided to lay everything about this car one ice for a few months until I'd starting to crave working on it again. And I can tell you right now that I've never been this excited about this year working on the car.
- I really need to clean the entire car, both inside, outside and engine bay. It looked like **** last fall and it's gonna look like **** when the snow starts to melt.
- Wash the steering wheel. My friend that stripped his T5 actually got enough money from it to buy a genuine olive green T-5R wagon for $600!! When we went across the country to buy some spare parts for it, the guy selling the stuff said to put the steering wheel and armrest in hot water with soap and massage the alcantara. My friend just did this and it kinda looks like new again, so I really have to do this too!
I have hundreds of them but I'll let you get a taste with these 2:
This is how the car looked like 2009:
And this is how it looked like half a year ago:
Let me know what you think!