Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      i want that lip...where can i get one?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kingxc90 View Post
      This one is bought in Sweden and I don't know if they are available in the US..
      Volvo 850 T-5R -95 "Cream Yellow" - Summer car - Progression thread - Racecar look? Stance look? Haven't decided yet!
      Peugeot 306 XS -97 - Winter car - Broken immobilizer means no starting car..
      Currently driving: My parents CitroŽn C5 -02..

Quote Originally Posted by Turbojeppe View Post
      This one is bought in Sweden and I don't know if they are available in the US..
      VParts?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      VParts?
      Correct!
      Volvo 850 T-5R -95 "Cream Yellow" - Summer car - Progression thread - Racecar look? Stance look? Haven't decided yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbojeppe View Post
      Correct!
      They have some cool stuff there.........but they don't ship to the states . I guess the only way to get stuff from them is send it to someone in the area and then have them forward it to the states.

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar
      They have some cool stuff there.........but they don't ship to the states . I guess the only way to get stuff from them is send it to someone in the area and then have them forward it to the states.
      We sell the same 850 lips here in the US, in either CF or FRP...

The lip is made in belgium, read it on a note under the lip. I can check next time what company makes them and maybe you can email them if its possible to ship to US!

Skickat frŚn min iPhone med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kingxc90 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by George @ ViVA View Post
      We sell the same 850 lips here in the US, in either CF or FRP...
      http://www.vivaperformance.com/front...ler-850r-t5-r/

There you go! But you guys got the fancy stuff, vparts only got the ABS plastic. But can confirm this is the same shape!

I love gritty racecars/hill climb with crazy aero and love playing around in photoshop.

What do you guys think about this diffuser for 850? I would love to have a few projects to work with when I get workspace and spare time!

Last edited by Turbojeppe; 03-22-2017 at 05:35 AM.

I think #2 looks the best. A rear diffuser would definitely be an improvement; I have followed my T-5R on the road a few times and ther is way too much open space back there imo.

I think #2 looks the best. A rear diffuser would definitely be an improvement; I have followed my T-5R on the road a few times and ther is way too much open space back there imo.
      This would be my choice too. It looks really good and aggressive!

Say I wanted to make a rear diffuser for the 850, anybody got any tips since I've read a bit about it and everybody is talking about the parachute effect. I understand what that means but is there a way to avoid that without having to cut the bodywork?

You could look into making your own carbon fibre diffuser, that'd be a cool project! Ambitious, but very cool and probably not terribly expensive... With a simple design like #2 (also my favourite of the 3), I think you'd only need 2 moulds - 1 for the fins, and 1 large one for the upper part that bends down on either side. If you are handy with any CAD software it would make your life a lot easier

Btw I don't think I've commented in your thread yet, nice T5-R! I really like how the nebula wheels look, and that black hood is actually pretty decent for now
      Last edited by sventastic; 03-23-2017 at 01:23 AM.
      1996 850R 232km
      1998 S70 T5 SE 259km

Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      You could look into making your own carbon fibre diffuser, that'd be a cool project! Ambitious, but very cool and probably not terribly expensive... With a simple design like #2 (also my favourite of the 3), I think you'd only need 2 moulds - 1 for the fins, and 1 large one for the upper part that bends down on either side. If you are handy with any CAD software it would make your life a lot easier

Btw I don't think I've commented in your thread yet, nice T5-R! I really like how the nebula wheels look, and that black hood is actually pretty decent for now
      I'd think I'll go with 0,7mm sheet metal. I can get a 50x100cm sheet for about $13! Hopefully it's wide enough for my plan but I think it's gonna be close. Then buy another sheet, maybe thicker (I can choose from 0,7 to 1,2cm) for the fins and then spray everything black. I'd love to get into moulding at some point in life but right now I'm living in a 2 bedroom apartment without a garage so it's kinda hard to get into something when I have no place to be..

CAD software is something I want to explore! I'm reading to become a technical illustrator and we have unfortunately not worked with 3D as much as I'd wanted to but at some point I'll sit down and watch tons of tutorials!

Thank you! Looking good from afar but she's kinda rough. But this is my car for life so stress is something I'm not worrying about. Runs great and barely any rust. Yeah, the black hood is temporary but looks way better than a red hood

Agree with choice #2.
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Agree with choice #2.
      I'm gonna aim at number 2 but lowered a couple of inches to create a way for the air to flow over it too.

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2