V90 is now available to be ordered
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

V90 is now available to be ordered

You can now spec the car as prices (for the U.S. market) have been released for the V90 T5 R-design, V90 T5 Inscription, V90 T6 AWD R-design and V90 T6 AWD Inscription.

MSRPs are set (in the above order, destination charge not included)):
      $49,950
      $51,950
      $55,950
      $57,950

Remember, you can order the car via Overseas Delivery or through Volvo's Concierge System.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's awesome!

What I wouldn't give to have an M66 P* variant. Wishful thinking I know.
      Exponents kill
      Elsa my 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap >π Miles
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      That's awesome!

What I wouldn't give to have an M66 P* variant. Wishful thinking I know.
      That would have been a dream car, I agree!

However, a V90 T6 R-design w/ Polestar optimization and air suspension is not too shabby either!
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post

However, a V90 T6 R-design w/ Polestar optimization and air suspension is not too shabby either!
      When I graduate I plan on treating myself to 1 of 3 cars... a 997.1/2 Turbo MT or PDK (depreciation makes them cheapish), V60P*, or V90 RD/P* (if it exists for MY2019). I'll have to drive all 3.
      Exponents kill
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

When are US deliveries expected to begin? What will the lead time be? Can they be leased? The configurator say lease info not available at this time. I'm a lease customer and my S60 lease is up in September. I'd be very interested if there's a competitive lease package available.
      2017 S90 T6 Inscription, Onyx Black, Amber, 20" Wheels, Convenience Package, Vision Package, Leather Dash
      2015 S60 T5 Premier, Power Blue, Soft Beige, Sport Package w/Titanias, Heated Seats - RETURNED
      2012 S60 T5, Vibrant Copper, Beechwood, Premium, Dynamic, Climate and Xenons - RETURNED

V90 T6 R-Design is $650 more than V90CC without luxury package.
      V90 T6 Inscription is $2840 less than V90CC with luxury package. Sounds good to me.

Any idea when T8 will be available? 6 or 12 months from now?

Quote Originally Posted by sbarracl View Post
      When are US deliveries expected to begin? What will the lead time be? Can they be leased? The configurator say lease info not available at this time. I'm a lease customer and my S60 lease is up in September. I'd be very interested if there's a competitive lease package available.
      I heard they're OSD only. Probably wrong, Yannis will chime in if so.
      Exponents kill

Glad to see some new options:
      For R-Design, there is now optional sun curtain on side window, and leather-clad dash and door panel
      For Inscription, there is new Maroon/Brown seats with charcoal interior (headliner is gray), and a new denim blue color.

T6 Inscription + convenience pkg now is about $59450, 1k less than V90CC luxury.

However still no ventilated seats for R-Design. Not ready for hot places.

Can Yannis or anyone else confirm that the suspension on the R-Design is unique to that model and sportier, or is it the same as the Inscription? I've read/heard conflicting reports on this.

Also, the maroon/brown interior looks really nice. If the R-Design changes are purely cosmetic these options might push me in the direction of the Inscription model...
      Last edited by JMFangio; 02-08-2017 at 01:15 PM.
      2014 XC60 RD

Quote Originally Posted by JMFangio View Post
      Can Yannis or anyone else confirm that the suspension on the R-Design is unique to that model and sportier, or is it the same as the Inscription? I've read/heard conflicting reports on this.
      The R-Design has the Sport Chassis, yes.

What I don't know for 100% sure is if that is deleted if you take the Premium Air Suspension. The Premium Air Suspension is only available with the T6.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

I'm really surprised the T6 R-design costs more the the CC. When the 2008-10 V70/XC70 models overlapped - the V70 was significantly cheaper. I guess this is what it takes to move a low volume car these days.
      Dave in VA

2012 XC70 T6, AWD (new T6 motor installed 8/27/2015)
      2010 SAAB 9-5 Aero 2.8T, XWD

Very nice to see that most packages have been broken out into individually selectable items and even the items in the one package available can be ordered à la carte if desired. The additional Maroon/Brown interior looks very promising

Couple of questions not answered on the web site:

1. How does the Inscription Dynamic Chassis relate to standard suspensions in the S90 and V90CC? IIRC, in some pre-SPA models, Dynamic Chassis included 4C (but not Air Suspension).

2. I gather that Premium Air Suspension/4C is available only for the T6 and not for the T5. Odd, seeing as it is available for both T5 and T6 S90.

3. Rear Park Assist is standard, but I don't see any mention of Front Park Assist. Is it being tacitly bundled with 360 Surround, BLIS/CTA, or Park Assist Pilot? It would seem to be necessary for at least the latter of these.
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

I need to connect with someone who wants to buy a new V90 T6 P* with a dark interior and non-black exterior paint. Let's make sure it's absolutely loaded with all the options. Then, once you buy it, in 5 to 10 years, I'd like to buy it from you in cash so you can move onto the newest model. Let me know who wants to set up this arrangement. (But also not really kidding...)
      Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 02-08-2017 at 05:47 PM.
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      I need to connect with someone who wants to buy a new V90 T6 P* with a dark interior and non-black exterior paint. Let's make sure it's absolutely loaded with all the options. Then, once you buy it, in 5 to 10 years, I'd like to buy it from you in cash so you can move onto the newest model. Let me know who wants to set up this arrangement. (But also not really kidding...)
      I too am looking for such a person... buy 2 split the miles between them.
      Exponents kill

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      I too am looking for such a person... buy 2 split the miles between them.
      I like where your mind is at... lol
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement

Mark my words, a V90 T5 R-Design in Passion Red is my next Volvo. Nubuck interior, 20" wheels, heated front seats and I'm set. I'm in love.
      2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      1996 Polar White/Charcoal 854R
      Former: 1996 Bright Red 855R, 2003 Silver V70 T5, 2012 Black Sapphire C30 T5 R-Design 6MT P*

Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post

However still no ventilated seats for R-Design. Not ready for hot places.
      Oh come on, the Nubuck is a textile and breathes just fine.
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      Former: 1996 Bright Red 855R, 2003 Silver V70 T5, 2012 Black Sapphire C30 T5 R-Design 6MT P*

No magic blue metallic color on the V90? I have seen it in that color in Europe...

<Breaking News...>Manufacturer of something in "wanting to increase revenue and profit shocker"! More as it happens!<.../Breaking News>

Anyhoo, if all goes to plan I'll be getting a V90 for a few days from my friendly dealer. I'm trying to convince my wife that we don't need 7 seats (we do really) and that an estate will be fine (it won't) because the V90 is such a lovely looking thing. It'll be a UK spec D4 Momentum but I'll happily put up my thoughts and a few pics.

And as much of the design of my XC90 was completed in the late 18th century I imagine I will like the V90 very much indeed.
      2005 Volvo V70 2.5T SE AWD
      2014 Volvo XC90 D5 Executive (Polestar)

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      I'm pretty sure you will find one in 3-4 years as original buyers begin to upload these. I've posted pretty similar "ad" in 2004 or 05 and scored low mileage '06 in '09 for less than a half from sticker price paid for the car.
      06 V70R Sonicap
      surf/skate/snow/smile-mobile

That T5 R-Design in Bursting Blue is a dream ... we have a 2016 T5 XC90 and would seriously consider a trade ...

Quote Originally Posted by lurch70 View Post
      That T5 R-Design in Bursting Blue is a dream ... we have a 2016 T5 XC90 and would seriously consider a trade ...
      That could be a very hot-looking estate (a.k.a. wagon ) !

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Kirlo View Post
      I'm pretty sure you will find one in 3-4 years as original buyers begin to upload these. I've posted pretty similar "ad" in 2004 or 05 and scored low mileage '06 in '09 for less than a half from sticker price paid for the car.
      Well, then the plan is set... Now to wait 3-4 years. Tick tock.

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post

...don't forget, in stunning Bursting Blue!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Quote Originally Posted by DCPattie View Post
      I'm really surprised the T6 R-design costs more the the CC. When the 2008-10 V70/XC70 models overlapped - the V70 was significantly cheaper. I guess this is what it takes to move a low volume car these days.
      The CC is more expensive if you add the Luxury Package.

R-Design comes with Contour Seats with special R-Design styling and materials. Contour Seats are a $1,440 or something option on the XC90.

The standard seats use a full grain leather (which is cheaper) and do not have the adjustable thigh extension.

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      1. How does the Inscription Dynamic Chassis relate to standard suspensions in the S90 and V90CC? IIRC, in some pre-SPA models, Dynamic Chassis included 4C (but not Air Suspension).
      4C was a standalone option. The Dynamic Chassis was in between the Touring and Lowered Sport chassis where offered. There was a package with a similar name that included 4C for I think the S80 at one point.

3. Rear Park Assist is standard, but I don't see any mention of Front Park Assist. Is it being tacitly bundled with 360 Surround, BLIS/CTA, or Park Assist Pilot? It would seem to be necessary for at least the latter of these.
      I believe Front Park Assist is included with Park Assist Pilot packaging on other models. I assume it's the same for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
      Oh come on, the Nubuck is a textile and breathes just fine.
      Isn't it sad that they're still using fake Nubuck when the cars cost this much?

Quote Originally Posted by moosecar View Post
      No magic blue metallic color on the V90? I have seen it in that color in Europe...
      Magic Blue is being replaced with Denim Blue for some models. Magic Blue used to be offered for the S90 and V90 but isn't listed in the Swedish build tool anymore.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

How does the Inscription Dynamic Chassis relate to standard suspensions in the S90 and V90CC? IIRC, in some pre-SPA models, Dynamic Chassis included 4C (but not Air Suspension).
      Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      4C was a standalone option. The Dynamic Chassis was in between the Touring and Lowered Sport chassis where offered. There was a package with a similar name that included 4C for I think the S80 at one point.
      That is my recollection as well, but I think it was in regard to the V60. I drove a demo V60 at Rockleigh in fall 2013 with Dynamic Chassis and 4C, but IIRC it was a [real] T6 AWD European spec variant that was never sold over here in the Colonies. I still have the photos of that car that I coveted so much. By the time I was able to order my V60s in 2015, the Dynamic Chassis option along with 4C was no longer available. The choice was Comfort, Sport, or nothing.

I believe Front Park Assist is included with Park Assist Pilot packaging on other models. I assume it's the same for this.
      Yes, I found this last night looking at the Swedish and German websites. And I found out today that Front Park Assist is only available bundled with Park Assist Pilot on the US market V90. I really don't have any need for the PAP, but I really like the FPA when perpendicular parking, so as not to hang up the front spoiler on a high curb. IAE, if the front and rear park sensors are already installed, it makes sense to offer the PAP as well.
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Nah, rebel blue for the win!

Give it a matte wrap to seal the deal (pun intended).

Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

but IIRC it was a [real] T6 AWD European spec variant that was never sold over here in the Colonies... By the time I was able to order my V60s in 2015, the Dynamic Chassis option along with 4C was no longer available. The choice was Comfort, Sport, or nothing.
      Yep. Not sure if it had 4C or not, and I didn't drive that car, but it was a Euro Spec T6 AWD.

Unfortunately, 4C was never offered on the V60 in the US and you could only get the T6 AWD with the R-Design.

I really don't have any need for the PAP, but I really like the FPA when perpendicular parking, so as not to hang up the front spoiler on a high curb.
      It's not quite the same, but there is a front camera included with the 360° Camera system. You can use the 360° view to see how close you are to the front curb.

The V90 CC I test drove had a buggy 360° view and the area closest to the car was obscured by a "should-be-transparent" texture around the car on the screen. I'm guessing there will be software updates before the V90 CC starts US delivery? But in the S90 it worked incredibly well. I don't really feel like I would need the front sensors as much, but they are going to be more convenient than having to hit the camera button every time you're parking front-in.

Yep. Not sure if it had 4C or not, and I didn't drive that car, but it was a Euro Spec T6 AWD.

Unfortunately, 4C was never offered on the V60 in the US and you could only get the T6 AWD with the R-Design.
      That's right, I think it was just an S80 thing. Perhaps just as well, as it proved to be a very problem-prone technology.

It's not quite the same, but there is a front camera included with the 360° Camera system. You can use the 360° view to see how close you are to the front curb.

The V90 CC I test drove had a buggy 360° view and the area closest to the car was obscured by a "should-be-transparent" texture around the car on the screen. I'm guessing there will be software updates before the V90 CC starts US delivery? But in the S90 it worked incredibly well. I don't really feel like I would need the front sensors as much, but they are going to be more convenient than having to hit the camera button every time you're parking front-in.
      Good point. The front sensors are operative all the time and don't have to be switched on and off. Of course, the downside of the front sensors is that you get all those annoying redundant beeps when you are backing out of a parking slot (or out of the garage, for that matter). It would have been so simple to have deactivated the front sensors when the car is in reverse, but that was never implemented. I will mull this over some more, but I am tending now toward getting the 360 view à la carte and passing on the PAP and front sensors along with the rest of the Convenience Package. I won't miss the aleatoric cacophony half a dozen times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...

Btw I missed out checking the forum yesterday,is mattSS gone? That's what happens when one doesn't check here daily

Isn't it sad that they're still using fake Nubuck when the cars cost this much?

I understand the sentiment but I don't want suede in my car. I prefer Alcantara and it's a nice homage to the T-5R, 850R, and P80 R. I don't know if their textile is Alcantara brand but wish they would market it as such. I wish my S60 R-D was Nubuck!
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70

Being a store that historically does well with wagons, we chose to order one for the store as a demo. I'm excited for it to get here. I went with a loaded T6 AWD INSCRIPTION to be able to demonstrate what is available but also went with Bright Silver on Charcoal so it's easily saleable when we are done using it as a demo.
      T Schroeder Jr
      Sales Manager, Bob Byers Volvo of Seattle
      2016 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD Platinum, Black/Blond and Black; 2017 S60 T5 AWD Dynamic, Onyx Black/Off-black

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
      I understand the sentiment but I don't want suede in my car. I prefer Alcantara and it's a nice homage to the T-5R, 850R, and P80 R. I don't know if their textile is Alcantara brand but wish they would market it as such. I wish my S60 R-D was Nubuck!
      Nubuck is a bit more durable than Suede. I have a Nubuck jacket that is about 10 years old and is still like-new. It's just a bit warm, so I don't know if I'd actually like it now that I think about it.

I loved the Alcantara in my T-5R, and it kept it's knap better than whatever this is. I need to go over my seats with a fresh brush I think.

I also am kind of over the grip of the Nubuck and wouldn't mind the full-leather look at this point.

I'm liking the T5 R Design. Low enough power output that I don't worry about the engine. Would like a Flamenco Red one with dark interior. Have decided that the heads up display is a must have.
      2009 XC 70 T6. Electric Silver / Anthracite. Premium and Climate.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast