V90 is now available to be ordered - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by T Schroeder View Post
      Being a store that historically does well with wagons, we chose to order one for the store as a demo. I'm excited for it to get here. I went with a loaded T6 AWD INSCRIPTION to be able to demonstrate what is available but also went with Bright Silver on Charcoal so it's easily saleable when we are done using it as a demo.
      How much savings is there if one was to buy a "demo"? My dealer contacted me about possibly buying their V90CC demo when the time comes, curious what the price might look like?
      16 XC90 T6 Inscription
      12 VW Eos Executive
      04 Land Rover Discovery

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by V70 Brad View Post
      Have decided that the heads up display is a must have.
      With Pilot Assist, not having the heads up display will make it much less convenient to keep track of its status.

If you plan on using that tech, I'd strongly recommend having the HUD.
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

Does anyone know if there are any existing photos, or when photos will be available, of the new maroon/brown leather interior aside from what's on the build site? It looks great, but things can look a lot different in real photos.

Is this a combo that's been done in the past with previous models?
      2014 XC60 RD

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This appears first in S90L in many show cars. There are some photos on google image I think.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

I don't think the S90 L show car is maroon. I think that's the same Chestnut in the P3 S80.

If it is, that's a horrible inaccurate rendering of it.

I haven't seen any non-rendered photos of Maroon on Instagram yet.
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

I was at the Chicago Auto Show today and thoroughly checked out the Maple Brown V90 that's been making the rounds, the V90CC and the XC90. The V60 is getting increasingly harder to get into and so I wanted to compare all three side by side. As expected, the V90 sat the lowest and was therefore the hardest to get into(although much easier than the V60), the CC was fairly easy and the XC90 was a snap. I'm not really a SUV person so at this point, my choice will be between the two wagons. There was a very knowledgeable salesperson helping me who clearly was from Sweden although her English was impeccable so I'm assuming she's a corporate employee.
      The V90 was absolutely beautiful with plenty of legroom front and back, back being a particular issue with our V60. The Bowers and Wilkins system was breathtaking and now that I've heard it, it's a must have. My wife would be content with a transistor radio with a single ear bud so when we get to the point of deciding, I'll hopefully be able to keep the price a secret.
      Obviously, it's a different type of vehicle and price point but the Pacifica Hybrid was very comfortable and seemed to be well thought out except for not being able to get a Homelink system with it.
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

Quote Originally Posted by mainsail View Post
      I was at the Chicago Auto Show today and thoroughly checked out the Maple Brown V90 that's been making the rounds, the V90CC and the XC90. The V60 is getting increasingly harder to get into and so I wanted to compare all three side by side. As expected, the V90 sat the lowest and was therefore the hardest to get into(although much easier than the V60), the CC was fairly easy and the XC90 was a snap. I'm not really a SUV person so at this point, my choice will be between the two wagons. There was a very knowledgeable salesperson helping me who clearly was from Sweden although her English was impeccable so I'm assuming she's a corporate employee.
      The V90 was absolutely beautiful with plenty of legroom front and back, back being a particular issue with our V60. The Bowers and Wilkins system was breathtaking and now that I've heard it, it's a must have.
      Fresh off having driven my V60 before and after test-driving the S90, I would have to agree with all of your points. We must be about the same age.

My wife would be content with a transistor radio with a single ear bud so when we get to the point of deciding, I'll hopefully be able to keep the price a secret.
      Do what I do: as soon as you take delivery, confiscate the Mulroney sticker from the glovebox and put it somewhere where the missus can't find it. Works every time.
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Spoiler, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Fresh off having driven my V60 before and after test-driving the S90, I would have to agree with all of your points. We must be about the same age.
      )
      Let's just say that I recently crossed over from being "older" to "elderly" if you believe the news article about an elderly couple killed in a car crash. He was 70 and she was 72 and I'm guessing the article was written by a 20 something reporter.
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid

Let's just say that I recently crossed over from being "older" to "elderly" if you believe the news article about an elderly couple killed in a car crash. He was 70 and she was 72 and I'm guessing the article was written by a 20 something reporter.
      Get the Bowers & Wilkins while you can still hear the difference. Speaking as a professional musician and lifelong audiophile, the upgrade is worth every penny of its price. Besides, living well is the best revenge against the Millennials, who can barely afford their Uber rides.
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Spoiler, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Get the Bowers & Wilkins while you can still hear the difference.
      Ironically, I got a hearing test two days ago and was told that I had a significant high frequency loss(of course, the guy tried to sell me on hearing aids. I told him those were for old people). I told the guy that maybe I should have worn earplugs last year when I was in the 3rd row of a Who concert. Maybe I can justify the B&W to my wife by saying that the stock system has a weak high frequency range but the B&W system works well in that range with the tweeter staring you in the face on the dash.
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid

Ironically, I got a hearing test two days ago and was told that I had a significant high frequency loss(of course, the guy tried to sell me on hearing aids. I told him those were for old people). I told the guy that maybe I should have worn earplugs last year when I was in the 3rd row of a Who concert. Maybe I can justify the B&W to my wife by saying that the stock system has a weak high frequency range but the B&W system works well in that range with the tweeter staring you in the face on the dash.
      The missus just got some high-end Danish-made audiophile hearing aids. The good news: she can now hear everything I say. The bad news: she can now hear everything I say. But she still doesn't pay any attention to anything I say. Hearing aids are a zero-sum game. Better to spend the money on the B&W sound system. FWIIW, I noticed that the stock sound in the S90 has a lot of egregious distortion on the high end. And that is at relatively low volume levels. I heard it in both cars I test drove, so I don't think it was an anomaly. At the very least, I would "repeal and replace" the drivers, were I saddled with the stock stereo system.

Whatever you do, avoid that cursed "Gothenburg Concert Hall" equalization setting on the B&W like the plague. For all I know, it may work for heavily-processed closely-miked studio recordings with zero ambience, but it really mucks up acoustical recordings that already have some hall ambience baked into the recording. And by way of qualification, let me state that not only have I heard a number of concerts in the wonderful home hall of Göteborgs Symfoniker, I have actually performed on that stage. Trust me, the hall sounds nothing like the garbage produced by that bogus equalization setting. My guess is that it was intended as an enhancement to the Swedishness of the car, like the little upholstery flags. Nice try, folks, but no cigar.

The missus just got some high-end Danish-made audiophile hearing aids. The good news: she can now hear everything I say. The bad news: she can now hear everything I say. But she still doesn't pay any attention to anything I say. Hearing aids are a zero-sum game. Better to spend the money on the B&W sound system. FWIIW, I noticed that the stock sound in the S90 has a lot of egregious distortion on the high end. And that is at relatively low volume levels. I heard it in both cars I test drove, so I don't think it was an anomaly. At the very least, I would "repeal and replace" the drivers, were I saddled with the stock stereo system.

Whatever you do, avoid that cursed "Gothenburg Concert Hall" equalization setting on the B&W like the plague. For all I know, it may work for heavily-processed closely-miked studio recordings with zero ambience, but it really mucks up acoustical recordings that already have some hall ambience baked into the recording. And by way of qualification, let me state that not only have I heard a number of concerts in the wonderful home hall of Göteborgs Symfoniker, I have actually performed on that stage. Trust me, the hall sounds nothing like the garbage produced by that bogus equalization setting. My guess is that it was intended as an enhancement to the Swedishness of the car, like the little upholstery flags. Nice try, folks, but no cigar.
      I agree 100%. Individual stage is the best set up.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post

I have an XC90 with B&W. Any recommended settings for individual stage?
      2016 XC90 T6 R-Design | Osmium Grey Metallic | 22" | B&W | Convenience | Vision | Air Suspension | CarPlay

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe09 View Post
      I have an XC90 with B&W. Any recommended settings for individual stage?
      I have mine set as:
      Intensity 83% (100% is also OK)
      Envelopment 240 degrees
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

I have mine set as:
      Envelopment 240 degrees
      That feels about right, but I suspect that the exact settings would also need to be tweaked depending upon whether one is driving an XC90, S90, or V90. The very different interior volumes, proportions, and therefore acoustics of those three models would demand different hardware (i.e. speaker sizes and locations) and also different software (i.e equalization) and concomitant user settings. If you want to get really picky (or obsessive) about the matter, there are any number of additional factors, such as number and size of occupants, clothing, seating surfaces, junk in the trunk, load cover, etc. that play a minor but for some discernible role in skewing interior acoustics. While I am much more interested in the music to which I am listening, rather than chasing the will-o'-the-wisp of ideal equalization, I am fully willing to admit that the latter might be a worthy goal for those with different priorities.

In the interests of equal time and fairness, as well as FWIIW, last night I watched an excellent, hour-long, very through German review of the V90 from Autogefühl:

See http://www.autogefuehl.de/2016/10/16...t-fahrbericht/

The reviewer waxed ecstatic about the Gothenburg Concert Hall equalization setting. His tastes in music seemed to be very different than my own, so I am willing to concede that, at least for some types of source materials, that setting might be acceptable and maybe even desirable. It is also entirely possible that that setting may have been tweaked and improved by B&W engineers in the past two years since its introduction, and/or the implementation of that setting may vary depending on the model (XC90 vs. S90 vs. V90). I had auditioned it only in the XC90 over a year ago, did not bother to try it in the S90 I test drove last week (my bad), and of course haven't yet had the opportunity to try it in a V90. So perhaps I should suspend judgement until such time as I can give it a fair shake.

I have mine set as:
      Envelopment 240 degrees
      Thanks. I'll try it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2016 XC90 T6 R-Design | Osmium Grey Metallic | 22" | B&W | Convenience | Vision | Air Suspension | CarPlay

That feels about right, but I suspect that the exact settings would also need to be tweaked depending upon whether one is driving an XC90, S90, or V90. The very different interior volumes, proportions, and therefore acoustics of those three models would demand different hardware (i.e. speaker sizes and locations) and also different software (i.e equalization) and concomitant user settings. If you want to get really picky (or obsessive) about the matter, there are any number of additional factors, such as number and size of occupants, clothing, seating surfaces, junk in the trunk, load cover, etc. that play a minor but for some discernible role in skewing interior acoustics. While I am much more interested in the music to which I am listening, rather than chasing the will-o'-the-wisp of ideal equalization, I am fully willing to admit that the latter might be a worthy goal for those with different priorities.
      100% correct and also further justification of my thinking that only a true and discriminating audiophile like you would go into this depth of detail!

I am willing to admit that my ears are probably not nearly as discriminating as yours but I feel good that my settings are on the right path.

The reviewer waxed ecstatic about the Gothenburg Concert Hall equalization setting. His tastes in music seemed to be very different than my own, so I am willing to concede that, at least for some types of source materials, that setting might be acceptable and maybe even desirable. It is also entirely possible that that setting may have been tweaked and improved by B&W engineers in the past two years since its introduction, and/or the implementation of that setting may vary depending on the model (XC90 vs. S90 vs. V90). I had auditioned it only in the XC90 over a year ago, did not bother to try it in the S90 I test drove last week (my bad), and of course haven't yet had the opportunity to try it in a V90. So perhaps I should suspend judgement until such time as I can give it a fair shake.
      I cannot tell any difference in the past year or so.

I find it truly terrible when listening to talk shows or any channel that involves conversation.

I think it works OK w/ such types of music as Spa channel (relaxation) and Baroque classical music. It is not very good when listening to any operatic voices; the contralto simply disappears.

I find it truly terrible when listening to talk shows or any channel that involves conversation.
      Yes, that is exactly what Thomas Majchrzak (pronounced just like it is spelled, like Wojciehowicz, for you Barney Miller fans out there) at Autogefühl said. Of course, he is just 30 years old, and his hearing is probably much more acute than mine. Dunno about his taste in music, however, judging by the crap on his ancient iPod 5. The latter also probably explains the difficulty he had trying to sync his device with Apple Car Play. At least he was honest enough not to edit out his embarrassment on camera.

Interestingly enough, many if not most classical musicians (in which category I alas qualify) are not audiophiles. I have found that people who do studio work and are closer to the electronic and production end of music are much more interested in good sound quality of recorded music. I guess I am the exception that proves the rule.

I think it works OK w/ such types of music as Spa channel (relaxation) and Baroque classical music.
      I would probably agree with #1 but not #2. Hey, one out of two isn't bad!

It is not very good when listening to any operatic voices; the contralto simply disappears.
      Well, sometimes that is just as well, or "a consummation devoutly to be wish'd", in the case of the contralto horribilis.

I think it works OK w/ such types of music as Spa channel (relaxation) and Baroque classical music. It is not very good when listening to any operatic voices; the contralto simply disappears.
      FWIIW, a contributor in a German-language Volvo forum recently test-drove both an XC90 and a V90 and was strongly of the opinion that the implementation of the B&W sound system was much better in the V90 than the XC90, specifically when using the GCH equalization setting. See http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...readId=5941602. He stated that the sound stage was much clearer and cleaner and the localization of performers much more accurate and better-defined. I guess I need to walk-back my criticism of the GCH equalization until such time as I can actually hear it in a V90. As I stated above, I am quite willing to believe that all implementations of the B&W sound system are not created equal despite the intentions of the designers to keep a level playing field in the different models. I learned decades ago that auto interiors are an absolute nightmare for audio system engineers. It is nothing short of a miracle that they do as well as they do, especially in recent years.

Early reviewers of the S90 and V90 have similarly said that the sound system sounds better than in the XC90.

A smaller cabin is always easier to fill with the right sounds, though.

Less glass, and in the case of a seven-seater one less pocket for sound to be lost in at the rear.

I am not a real audiophile but my interest in listening to music is way above average. I haven't found any real use for the Gothenburg Concert Hall setting yet. I switch between studio and individual setting and also tweak the equalizer every now and then and the sound is pretty amazing.

Here's a tip for you to try out the B&W system. Play the tune Avratz by a band called Infected Mushroom. It clearly shows the separation of the different instruments and sounds between the different speakers in the car.
      Current: V90 D5 AWD Inscription MY17, Onyx black, nappa Amber/Charcoal, walnut, tech package, climate package, B&W etc.

Previous:BMW 520d Touring xDrive MY14

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Early reviewers of the S90 and V90 have similarly said that the sound system sounds better than in the XC90.

A smaller cabin is always easier to fill with the right sounds, though.
      In that case an S90 should sound better than a V90 -- but that may not be the case. And a pair of headphones would be the smallest cabin available. Not recommended while driving, though.

There are other factors than just mere cabin volume at issue. Cabin proportions play a large role in mid-bass reinforcement and cancellation. Seats and upholstery materials also play a large role. Equalization serves to boost the weak frequencies and mitigate the booming ones; when done well, it makes "the crooked straight and the rough places plain".

Less glass, and in the case of a seven-seater one less pocket for sound to be lost in at the rear.
      Glass is IMO the worst factor. It imparts a harshness to the higher frequencies. And it screws up the sound stage something fierce. And of course for the driver and all passengers except the rear center, one ear is closer to glass than the other. It is a wonder that any sound system produces decent results.

V90 OSD Pricing

Hey first Post here. I see they have posted OSD Pricing for the V90 and the disappointing news is there is Zero Discount over Base US Pricing. Anyone have an idea why this would be the only model they don't offer a discount on?

JAYC1679- It might depend on your build. I spec'd out a T5 Inscription FWD with Convenience, Denim Blue Paint, HUD, Heating Steering Wheel and heated rear seats for $56070 OSD and the same car is $57,115 on the Volvo US build site. ...a whopping 1.8% difference. I am surprised its not more of a discount. While I think quite a bit of the new V90 and think Volvo did a great job on the car there won't be a large take rate at this price point.
      The old - 2001 S60 totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family.
      2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige
      2015 Genesis Monticito Blue/Grey can't return fast enough
      2018 XC60 OSD October 16, 2017 - Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      JAYC1679- It might depend on your build. I spec'd out a T5 Inscription FWD with Convenience, Denim Blue Paint, HUD, Heating Steering Wheel and heated rear seats for $56070 OSD and the same car is $57,115 on the Volvo US build site. ...a whopping 1.8% difference. .
      There is no destination charge for OSD orders...

Some manufacturers like Porsche actually charge $1,500 or some such number for euro delivery. OSD isn't about the savings but the experience. I plan to do one for our next car in a few years.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      JAYC1679- It might depend on your build. I spec'd out a T5 Inscription FWD with Convenience, Denim Blue Paint, HUD, Heating Steering Wheel and heated rear seats for $56070 OSD and the same car is $57,115 on the Volvo US build site. ...a whopping 1.8% difference. I am surprised its not more of a discount. While I think quite a bit of the new V90 and think Volvo did a great job on the car there won't be a large take rate at this price point.
      Be interesting to see if Dealers will offer any discounts over MSRP for US deliveries. For thousands less than the V90 MSRP you can get a loaded Audi Allroad considering that there's pretty good evidence (truecar, etc) you can get a 6+% discount. If I had to pay full MSRP on the V90 it would make the decision between the Allroad and V90 more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jayc1679 View Post
      Be interesting to see if Dealers will offer any discounts over MSRP for US deliveries. For thousands less than the V90 MSRP you can get a loaded Audi Allroad considering that there's pretty good evidence (truecar, etc) you can get a 6+% discount. If I had to pay full MSRP on the V90 it would make the decision between the Allroad and V90 more difficult.
      Love the Allroad, but it's quite a bit smaller. Wish they had the A6 Allroad over here.....then we'd be closer to apples to apples.
      Present rides:
      13 Volvo XC70 T6 w/ Platinum, Climate, BLIS (wife's ride)
      16 Audi TT
      Gone but not forgotten: 1988 240DL, 1993 940, 1999 XC70, 2003 XC70, 2009 XC70

Quote Originally Posted by jayc1679 View Post
      Without saying that the Allroad is not a good car (because it is), it is not in the same league as the V90 (premium feel, design, features, etc).

Without saying that the Allroad is not a good car (because it is), it is not in the same league as the V90 (premium feel, design, features, etc).
      My 17 A4 allroad has very similar if not equivalent interior quality, and believe me they make software that works!! Although the XC90 is a different car and I love mine..

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.moor View Post
      My 17 A4 allroad has very similar if not equivalent interior quality, and believe me they make software that works!! Although the XC90 is a different car and I love mine..

Coming from someone who's last 3 cars were Audi's including a B8 Avant I'd have to agree with Grecian.
      Space ship dash and pop up MMI screen looks like it belongs in a child's car.
      Interior materials are relatively close but styling is a completely different story.
      Also the rear seats are only comfortable to children or small adults.
      At 6'2" I had plenty of leg room and overall space in the back seat of the V90.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.moor View Post
      The tech and build quality is there, but the materials are not.
      The chassis isn't there either if you're comparing to the V90 with Air Suspension.
      The audio system isn't there either if you're comparing to the V90's Bowers & Wilkins system.

The MY17 A4 Allroad's interior quality is better than the V60, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Some manufacturers like Porsche actually charge $1,500 or some such number for euro delivery. OSD isn't about the savings but the experience. I plan to do one for our next car in a few years.
      Huh?

Atlanta, Zuffenhausen or Leipzig, the cost is the same 0$USD.
      -Richard
      2011 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
      2003 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His, Fallen Apart, rehabbed 11/16!
      1999 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-Granddaughter
      2013 Porsche Boxster Mexico Blue
      2017 Porsche C4S Carmine Red ContiWinterContact

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast