V90 is now available to be ordered - Page 5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
      Facts don't belong in this discussion.

S90 isn't selling at MSRP because it's a 17 not an 18 and there are factory incentives. If there were incentives on V90 I have no doubt the concierge would be forthcoming.

I have two V90 customers and both are miffed at the concierge idea. One has a 13 XC70 trade and is frustrated with the additional complexity of the deal.
      Because we all know the '18 S90 will sell for full sticker, lol. Will be interesting to see how the V90 concierge experiment will go long term. Sounds like it has some teething problems.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

FYI, concierge would not factory or port install the bodykit on the V90, insisting that labor costs and potential color mismatch be factored in for the bodykit. (no evidence of color mismatch for V90's yet, but the two I know of were osmium grey xc90's).

Weirdly, the P* tune/accessory can be factory/port installed.

This will definitely be a time saving for me courtesy of the concierge.

"..."confiscate the Mulroney sticker from the glovebox and put it somewhere where the missus can't find it.

Monroney, not Mulroney. You must be too young to remember. (I'm 81, awaiting mid-July Stateside delivery of my V90 AWD. Metallic brown, maroon interior.)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My problem with the Concierge program is that it seems to add nothing to the process (I have ordered a V90 AWD Inscription that is supposed to arrive at Hudson Valley Volvo, in Wappingers NY, in mid-July). I would far rather have dealt with a salesperson at HVV, who at least knows what a V90 is, than deal with a faceless voice that some have said lives in New Jersey but might just as well be in Bangkok. My Concierge ("Maureen," but I suspect they're all Maureen) was supposed to get back to me before the drop-dead date for order changes, to confirm that my order was dead-nuts accurate. She never did. A week later, I had to remind her, and she provided a screen shot of my order...which I of course have myself. I'd like to have talked a bit about tires but didn't get the chance. Though I'm happy to have learned through this forum that I'll be getting all-seasons with the 19" wheels.

Through all this I have in face dealt with Renee, at HVV, and I consider the Concierge artifice to be an unnecessary complication. I suspect somebody in China decided that Americans must love concierges, since they elected a hotelier as their president...

Quote Originally Posted by adkmooserider View Post
      Are these 2017 or 2018 models in the US? I don't see it on the website.
      I factory-ordered a V90 Inscription AWD a couple of months ago. It will be built starting this month and will be shipped in mid-June, arriving at the dealer in New York 19 July, supposedly. It will be a 2018 model.

how much total time does it take to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by sunman View Post
      how much total time does it take to get one?
      We ordered a V90 for delivery to a local dealer on 3/31/2017 through the Concierge Service.
      Production start is estimated week of 6/16/2017.
      Delivery projected for first week in August 2017.
      We're cautioned by Volvo that these are estimates and can fluctuate.
      Car will be a 2018 model.
      Last edited by sawitt; 05-15-2017 at 11:51 AM.

I ordered a V90 via the concierge "service" on 9 February, for delivery to a local dealer. I was initially given a build date of "late March", then June 2, then May 26, and most recently I was told my build date will be May 23, with a delivery in the US in mid-July. I was also told that the final build specifications would be reviewed with me at least 2 weeks before the build date but, of course, I have not heard a word about that. So, as usual, I will have to do the concierge's work for them and contact them to ensure that the correct car is actually being produced for me. If I end up with this car it will be in spite of, not because of, the concierge program.

it will be in spite of, not because of, the concierge program.
      Couldn't agree more.

I guess I lied about buying it despite the concierge. Wound up settling for a CPO'D RS5 for a bit less than the V90 would have been. Apples and oranges for sure. The bodykit was the straw that broke the camel's back. To have to subject yourself to pay full price and not have a simple thing like a body part installed at the factory, which suspect could have been done if I OSD'd, was preposterous in the privilege of using a concierge. Enjoy your cars! They are really nice if they get built.

The body kit is always full accessory price and would be installed at the port, not the factory. Why should concierge make that any different?

It would be nice if more accessories were offered as a factory option at a lower price. That is for sure.

Congrats on the RS5. I'm assuming its a coupe, but I park next to a convertible every day and it's a great example of Audi doing things right.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Well that's just it, they wouldn't do a port install either.

Thanks.

Only limit accessories are available that way, unfortunately.

Chances are more will be added closer to delivery beginning, but you never know.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Only limit accessories are available that way, unfortunately.

Chances are more will be added closer to delivery beginning, but you never know.
      I ordered a 2018 XC90 and I ordered the front and rear skid plates for it, is that dealer installed or port installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am inquiring about ordering a new V90 R design. Why is the R design cheaper than the Inscription? Less options?

I am inquiring about ordering a new V90 R design. Why is the R design cheaper than the Inscription? Less options?
      Only one kind of seat is available for R-design, black nu-buck leather, not ventilated.
      A few other things: no tailor-ed dash top, no integrated 2nd row sun screen, etc.
      and not as many choice of exterior colors.

the R does have tailored dash option.

the R does have tailored dash option.
      Yes, seen the option only on the R Design T6 model.

2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      Only one kind of seat is available for R-design, black nu-buck leather, not ventilated.
      A few other things: no tailor-ed dash top, no integrated 2nd row sun screen, etc.
      and not as many choice of exterior colors.
      According to the US builder you can order Full Leather ($750) and if you want the Leather Dash and Door panels w/2nd Row Shades ($1,150 T6 AWD only) its also available as options for the R-Design. You still have to pay $1,000 to get the Leather Dash and Door Panels for the Inscription models.

Last edited by PureDrive07; 05-19-2017 at 08:09 AM.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black, Platinum/Tech/Climate/BLIS/19" Ixion II, KN Filter, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Swaybar {His}
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD - Osmium Grey/Off Black {Hers}
      FS Items: XC60 Cargo Cover
      SOLD:1994 940 Turbo/2004 S40 LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda3 i-touring/2012 S60RD/2013 S60 T5AWD

The standard front seats on US-spec V90 Inscriptions are a step above the R-Design seats, even after the full-leather upgrade. The Inscriptions have power adjustable side support & cushion extensions. I believe these seats also add the function to Sensus so that the driver can control the passenger seat from his chair after activating the right "switch" in function view on the center display. The Inscription model also includes open poor wood trim which is a little more expensive than the Metal Mesh that is standard in the R-Design. Sun Curtains and a Power Load Cover are also standard on the Inscription model. On the R-Design, sun curtains add $150 to the cost of the tailored dashboard & upper door panels option and are packaged with it. The Power Load Cover is a $150 option for the R-Design.

On the Inscription, you can also add Massage to the front seats for a fee.

23. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5