FS: non-running 1996 855 Platinum Edition in Chicago $1200
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

FS: non-running 1996 855 Platinum Edition in Chicago $900

Edit: time to let her go, just picked up an 06 V70, my TLA might've spun a bearing with no place for me to work on it. Can also package the Platinum as part of deal if desired. Looking for in or near Chicago, with at least some maintenance records. My car is parked on a Chicago side street where it needs to be moved every 7 days. Not too keen on pushing her and parallel parking her myself every week, or rack up parking tickets.

Platinum: 137k odo/185 est true miles, 3" OBX dp/3" Vibrant cat/2.5" EST exhaust- no drone, IPD air box. Lowered on Koni yellows in front and Bilstein HD in rear, possibly TME springs on 17' Tethys, EST strut brace. V70 tails.

New Zimmerman rotors/Stoptech pads 3mo ago. Timing belt done by previous owner ~30k ago with receipt, trans replaced with lower mileage unit a few years ago by previous owner with receipt- all modes work fine. Turbo has leaks but boosted great, AC & heater both work great. Evap canister needs to be installed- comes with car, CEL dtc P0440.

Front & rear bumpers have some scuffs. Passenger rear door has a dent from a bicyclist, but have a clean blue door to replace it with that can go with. Very little if any rust on the underside, and body, especially for a Midwest car.

Asking $1200 with the Tethys, or $900 with the original Persus wheels. Would really like to see her go to a real Volvo home instead of a yard. Can send more pics if requested.

[IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by platinum855; 03-02-2017 at 10:35 PM.
      Black Pearl- 06 V70 2.5T/Pearl- 96 855 TLA

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I remember you listed this previously, no? Any additional photos, especially of the dent?

Edit: I clicked on the photo and saw the other ones on Photobucket. Any closer photos of the dent?
      Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 02-10-2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Clicked on the photo.
      Current - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic 186k
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)
      A set of silver Volans in search of a Laser Blue V70R.

yes, touch and go with house funding. I've updated previous posts with pics, these are from last September, she sits just a little lower in the front now with the Koni yellows and shorter 215/45r17 tires, and one more scuff mark on the left corner of the front bumper, but mostly looks the same. Put up what pics i had in my photobucket, can always update with most current pics tomorrow with a better pic of the dent, but the passenger side picture above shows the dent.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price drop

Man. Why are you out on the other side.....Im looking for a platinum wagon. California hardly has any

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoboostR View Post
      Man. Why are you out on the other side.....Im looking for a platinum wagon. California hardly has any
      One way flight, trailer her home for a good price...keep the TLA numbers up!

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoboostR View Post
      Or ship it! This is a sweet deal with the mods you're getting.

By the way, how's that EST exhaust? I'm thinking about a similar setup myself for my 850R; I hate the drone of the TME system in my T-5R.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Or ship it! This is a sweet deal with the mods you're getting.

By the way, how's that EST exhaust? I'm thinking about a similar setup myself for my 850R; I hate the drone of the TME system in my T-5R.
      Jared, the EST was a great choice for me. I was always accustomed to louder vehicles, but since getting married the wife vetoed that sort of lifestyle. Since I really don't like driving her Prius when together, I obliged. The EST has ZERO drone, even with the 3" obx downpipe and 3" Vibrant high flow cat- have daily driven 3" exhaust Galant VR4's and muffler-less small and big block domestics for many years to know drone. It has a bit of character when you get on it, but otherwise pretty mild. I believe it is the mildest performance catback, and for quieter setups, I fully endorse it.

And for the record, after having my V70 for a week, while it's super comfortable and sleek, I'd gladly take another 855 turbo.
      Last edited by platinum855; 03-03-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Pondering this, but not sure if I'd want a wagon or not.
      '96 850 GLT (manual)
      '80 264 (B21FT/M46/MS)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
      Pondering this, but not sure if I'd want a wagon or not.
      You want an estate. Trust me on this lol. It opens up a whole world of things you could never do with your car before!

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      You want an estate. Trust me on this lol. It opens up a whole world of things you could never do with your car before!
      Well, the wife has a '97 855 GLT...

A wagon might come in more handy when travelling to cyclocross events in the fall, but I do like my sedan.

(Also, trying to figure logistics on getting a non-runner from CHI to INDY)
      '96 850 GLT (manual)
      '80 264 (B21FT/M46/MS)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
      Well, the wife has a '97 855 GLT...

A wagon might come in more handy when travelling to cyclocross events in the fall, but I do like my sedan.

(Also, trying to figure logistics on getting a non-runner from CHI to INDY)
      After going to a wagon, I probably wouldn't go back unless I had to for a daily driver. I would love for this car to go to an enthusiast, as I'm still not certain I would have room for this car when I move at this point. What is the mileage you're looking at from zip 60657? I'm near Lake Shore Drive and Belmont in Chicago. Even as a parts car, I think it's worth it.
      Last edited by platinum855; 03-22-2017 at 05:10 PM.

If it was closer, I would buy it, take the exhaust for my R, flip it to my friend who wants a cool Volvo, and give him the engine out of my R when I M66/RN swap.

Hell, I can ship it for the price of an EST exhaust; maybe I should actually run this idea by him......

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements