1995 Volvo 850 turbo factory 5 speed USA model
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

View Poll Results: value of a one of a kind 850T Wagon factory 5 speed us model. .dealer maintained since new

Voters
    27. You may not vote on this poll
    • under 8 thousand

25 92.59%
    • above 8 thousand

2 7.41%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible one of a kind car.. 1995 Volvo 850t Wagon with factory 5 speed. . 116k miles. . One owner. . All dealer maintenance records for entire life of car.. Factory spoiler and hitch. . Woodgrain. . Runs excellent. . Priced at 10k or best offer. . More collectable then a 850r.. I would assume the rarest volvo 850t Wagon in North America. . Cold Ac. . Heat. . All stock. . Pics coming soon.. Thanks. .

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sorry, but my opinion is that factory vs swapped manual is largely irrelevant. Volvo could have run a single car off the line with airbrush art of Lena Dunham's face, making it 1 of 1 in the world. Doesnt make it valuable. You might find the single collector that thinks its awesome, but that doesn't affect the broader market value. R cars have better looks, better options, and better performance. Swap it to manual, and the factory version is outclassed in every sense. But who knows. You are in a great place for volvo nerds, so maybe they'll pay more for something that is intrinsically rare.

I agree that the factory manual aspect is pretty irrelevant.

It is also not more collectable than an R. I would guess the value is somewhere around 5-6K.
      But even then, only if you can find the correct audience for it, which is a pretty small group of people.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by superkaz661 View Post
      Sorry, but my opinion is that factory vs swapped manual is largely irrelevant. Volvo could have run a single car off the line with airbrush art of Lena Dunham's face, making it 1 of 1 in the world.
      Please never make reference to Lena Dunham again.
      R lust
      Desperately seeking a V70R

Where's the: $2200 option
      2006 V70R GT black/gobi - wheels, IPD swaybars
      1989 245 5.0 single turbo
      1999 Ford E350 4X4 Quigley van - Powerstroke 7.3
      1966 Mustang coupe - needs work
      integrityshirts.com

Quote Originally Posted by superkaz661 View Post
      Sorry, but my opinion is that factory vs swapped manual is largely irrelevant. Volvo could have run a single car off the line with airbrush art of Lena Dunham's face, making it 1 of 1 in the world. Doesnt make it valuable. You might find the single collector that thinks its awesome, but that doesn't affect the broader market value. R cars have better looks, better options, and better performance. Swap it to manual, and the factory version is outclassed in every sense. But who knows. You are in a great place for volvo nerds, so maybe they'll pay more for something that is intrinsically rare.
      You have to take into effect that the car has been dealer maintained it's whole life.. And the cost to make it comparable to a factory R car is minimal. To make a R car manual it's going to be a astronomical price and labor invest. Takes 2 cars to make an R manual. Seat covers. Ecu.and cosmetics to make this just like an R or better. And it does carry a t-5r badge..lol
      Last edited by Unicorn 850; 02-17-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Dealer maintenance is fine, but also overrated. The guys I use have a all Volvo shop with a lot of experience and certifications.
      I would imagine if I drove my 850 into the dealer most of the mechanics would not have worked on one either ever, or in quite a while.
      But I do not think dealer service adds value over a private shop service.

You're saying this carries a t-5r badge as in its a t-5r or you just put a badge on it?

Anyhow, if you're going to ask 10K I would lay your post out a bit neater and cleaner, especially on an enthusiast website. You should list major maintenance along with pictures before making a thread, especially since that was your first post.
      Current - 2006 S60 2.5t AWD, 1996 855 Platinum

I stated that to say.. That this car has documentation of service it's entire life. Not just any service but a actual dealers stamp to certify it's overall excellent condition. You want find many turbo cars from 95 that has been serviced it's entire life..not to mention a 1 owner car..

Are you the original owner?
      Current - 2006 S60 2.5t AWD, 1996 855 Platinum

Not asking 10k just a starting point. I will post pics of details and credentials. I have other Volvos. Mainly wanted to share what I've found. As far as anyone else is concerned. There was never any t5 5speed Wagons sold in the US in 1995

Quote Originally Posted by s70t5ing View Post
      Are you the original owner?
      No I'm not, but am aware of the history of vehicle, plus I have documentations to prove authenticity. I haven't registered car, I'm just the title holder. Car was purchased in and state asi live

Badge already was on car. Even had R factory wing. . Vin 57 though. Had to be a special order car, as close to a European R as possible in The USA. .

I would think more collectable than an R regardless. .As far as history goes, this car was not available in the US at all, Awd in Canada.. Could be the only 1 left. . With a few mods she would blow the doors off a automatic R in any conditions

5 speed swapped 850R's might bring 5k on a good day. I would put this below that even knowing it's rare. Doesn't have a nicer interior, R bumper, high hp engine. All those things can be found in an R wagon with a manual swap.

Full disclosure: I saw the craigslist ad for the car and if you paid the measly amount they were asking, you got a hell of a deal. Hurts my heart a little that you're just flipping it but hopefully it will go to an appreciative home!
      integrityshirts.com

Quote Originally Posted by musterdbom View Post
      5 speed swapped 850R's might bring 5k on a good day. I would put this below that even knowing it's rare. Doesn't have a nicer interior, R bumper, high hp engine. All those things can be found in an R wagon with a manual swap.

Full disclosure: I saw the craigslist ad for the car and if you paid the measly amount they were asking, you got a hell of a deal. Hurts my heart a little that you're just flipping it but hopefully it will go to an appreciative home!
      never said I was just flipping it. .just testing the waters..I already have a 850t Wagon that I love. .trust me I love volvos just as much as anyone up here

Let's see some pics of the car
      Daily Driver: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 65k, "Roxy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R Cream Yellow / Black, 93k, "Daisy"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn 850 View Post
      I would think more collectable than an R regardless. .As far as history goes, this car was not available in the US at all, Awd in Canada.. Could be the only 1 left. . With a few mods she would blow the doors off a automatic R in any conditions
      And a manual swapped R with the same couple mods is even better: ie. better lip, wheels, interior, lower, stiffer and likely has more options. And it wouldnt cost close to your initial ask.

Quote Originally Posted by musterdbom View Post

Deets bro. This is shady/greedy as all get out.

Was this the manual silver 850 turbo wagon in Richmond for $2800 or so? Must be, looked like a clean car, if I didn't have 6 vehicles at the house would have contacted the guy.
      1987 765 LT4/T56 swapped--1992 745 Turbo--2008 Corvette JSB/M6--2011 V50 R Design-- 2012 Ram Hemi QC--
      Life is short, so live it! You are only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
      Be who you are, and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind~ Dr. Seuss

So let's put this together.

Guy buys a wagon on CL that happens to be a manual turbo.
      Thinks he's raping some old man on the price and gets it for $2500ish
      Registers the nickname Unicorn-850 on a Volvo forum
      Posts a thread hoping to drum up interest in the car, has dreams of starting a bidding war
      Finds out it's worth about what he paid for it

You know what kind of 850 I'd pay over $8,000 for? Maybe a British racing green 1997 850R wagon, charcoal interior, right hand drive and road legal in the US, every option, ohlins all the way around, extra set of wheels (mint Titans ideally) and new tires for both sets of wheels, under 50k miles, mint condition exterior and interior with verified mileage and stacks of records.

Lol at all of you..I knew what I was buying way before I brought it. . The only thingi didn't know was that the car had all the maintenance records for its entire life. What I didn't know was that I would get a boner driving it home from Richmond. If you think the car not worth 3 times what I paid your a fool. . I've had 3 other 850 turbos. . Still have a 96 with 112k also. . Paint as pretty as the day it left the factory.. This isa one ofa kind car.. drives like new. Straight front end solid and struts fully intact..I burned tires on first gear Till let off the pedal.. No fraud ..I don't care about what it's worth to you.i know what it's worth 2 me. . As far as options this car even has 2 telephone jacks in it by reading lamps, I guess for dial up internet..2 lines at that.. feel what you want.. But pics will come tomorrow. . This is a European model in the US...Unicorn all day in silver grey..

R better whatever.. This drives like new.. seats are different from my 96 also. . My girlfriend was amazed at the comfort and she drives a lexus..

Pick a reserve you're comfortable with, provide detailed photos of said service records and of the car itself and put it on eBay. If it doesn't meet your reserve than readjust your price and start over with a proper for sale thread here. Doing it this way was just asking for a bunch of Volvo nerds to pick you apart.

FWIW, you probably would have had a better response here had you just posted all that here to begin with.

Sounds like a cool car, GLWS
      1998 V70R, M58 AWD Manual, B5244T5, 4T4 turbo, custom MTE map @21psi, DW300 fuel pump, DW 650cc injectors, ipd diverter, ipd intercooler, DO88 RIP, turbo inlet, aluminum radiator, Audi A8 3" MAF housing, R manifold, 3" CJ downpipe,Magnaflow dual exhaust, Kaplhenke dbl adjustable front&rear coilovers, ipd sways/strut brace, Porsche BBK front, rear '00 VR vented rotors/calipers, Heico Volution X's, '04 Jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by GSWAGON View Post
      Was this the manual silver 850 turbo wagon in Richmond for $2800 or so? Must be, looked like a clean car, if I didn't have 6 vehicles at the house would have contacted the guy.
      Lol yeah I was in the same boat. I passed it on to a Volvo buddy looking for a wagon. Not going to sweat over a factory manual Volvo.

Maybe someone could buy it and swap that trans into an R lol I kid I kid. Enjoy it unicorn!
      integrityshirts.com

Forget the rarity of this car it's still an 850. Is there any service history regarding the valve stem seals, evaporator, heater core or anything of significance?

If not it's still going to need all those things at this age/mileage as all of those items fail on 850's eventually.
      04 V70R Flash Green/Atacama6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn 850 View Post
      Lol at all of you..If you think the car not worth 3 times what I paid your a fool. . ..I don't care about what it's worth to you.i know what it's worth 2 me. .
      LOL right back at you, buddy! If you don't care what we think it's worth, why in blue blazes did you come on here with a poll to ask us then? You got your answer (from the people FAR most likely to be interested in such a vehicle) and you don't like it. Fine. GLWS
      My new ride: 1998 S70 T5: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-3-000-dollars
      1998 S70 T5M SE parts car
      1998 S70 GLT fix-n-flip

26 responses and still no pics?
      Maybe I missed them?
      05 VR FG Gobi MT

$10K good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2006 Sonic V70R GT 132k, 2013 XC90 R Design Electric Silver 30K (The Wife's), 2015 Silverado High Country 1500 4WD Ruby Metallic 35k

You are not going to sell that car for not that much more than what you paid for in here.

I love it when some dum-b a-ss registers to a forum and thinks he is going to flip a car 3 times what he paid for.

News Flash: There are so many ways to obtain a OEM Manual for someone looking for a T-5......Like many stated, we usually go for the T-5Rs.

One word "Japan"!
      Volvoless in Seattle ..........

Apparently Unicorn voted!
      My new ride: 1998 S70 T5: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-3-000-dollars
      1998 S70 T5M SE parts car
      1998 S70 GLT fix-n-flip

Quote Originally Posted by TG850T5R View Post
      You are not going to sell that car for not that much more than what you paid for in here.

I love it when some dum-b a-ss registers to a forum and thinks he is going to flip a car 3 times what he paid for.

News Flash: There are so many ways to obtain a OEM Manual for someone looking for a T-5......Like many stated, we usually go for the T-5Rs.

One word "Japan"!
      Well put.

2006 Sonic V70R GT 132k, 2013 XC90 R Design Electric Silver 30K (The Wife's), 2015 Silverado High Country 1500 4WD Ruby Metallic 35k

Quote Originally Posted by redmondjp View Post
      Apparently Unicorn voted!
      They really do exist!

So are there any pics of this thing? I'm extremely skeptical that this is an factory manual AND an original US market car. The manual turbocharged 850s were not able to comply with US emissions........and, guess what! That's why they were never sold here!

2006 XC70 68k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Mazda3 S GT 28k - Black/Black - "Corey"
      2007 XC70 57k - Black/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2011 Tacoma 11k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2013 XC70 35k - Black Stone/Off-Black - "Rolf"

"Popcorn.......get ya popcorn...., popcorn here"

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast