SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Indicator LED In The Vehicle's Charging Socket Does Not Light Up

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Stargazer 
#1 ·
Hello swedespeed,

I recently purchased a 2017 XC90 T8. All is well with the following exception: the LED indicator light located in the vehicle's charging socket never lights up while charging or when charging is completed (nor does it light up when unlocking the vehicle). Also, when plugging in the charging cable, the XC90 does not lock it's doors; after about 5 minutes or so, I manually lock the doors.

The instrument panel and the charging cable's indicator both light up during charging. While I don't think there is anything serious going on, I am curious to know why the LED indicator light located in the vehicle's charging socket never lights up. Has anyone else observed these conditions? Any suggestions/recommendations in regards are greatly appreciated?

I am using the TurboCord that was supplied with my XC90; it is plugged into a 6-20R 240 volt outlet.

#4 ·
No, the doors don't lock when you plug the charger in. The charger cable itself locks (so you can't remove it). The doors are up to you. However, the charger cable can only be removed for a few seconds after you unlock the car. Thus, if you're using the sport key, you need to lock and then unlock the doors to release the charger (if you left the doors open).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.