Your experiences with Volvo Concierege service (V90)?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Your experiences with Volvo Concierege service (V90)?

I recently used Volvo's online build website to place an order for a V90 wagon. Aside from the merits of the car, I was in part enticed by Volvo's description of its online Concierge service (described here for the S90: http://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new...olvo-concierge), which is intended to provide a customized purchasing experience where a Volvo representative is dedicated to aiding with the order placement, any changes, tracking of the process, and of course queries along the way.

My experience has been horrible so far, to the point that I'm very seriously considering canceling the order and moving onto another vehicle instead.

Specifically, I received only one cursory phone call after placing the order, in which my "personal concierge" could confirm only the color and model of my car, but not any of the options and other details I had selected. She was unable to answer any questions regarding some of the car's options, and she had no answer for a very specific inconsistency between the build website and the OSD spec sheet that I had noticed. When asked to look into this, she said she would contact me in less than 24 hours. After 4 days I had to track her down, at which time she sent an email regarding the feature that had inaccurate information in it (I had in the meantime gotten the information from a local dealer). I have made 2 minor changes to the order since placing it initially (it was noted that changes are allowed until late March), one a change in the wood trim and the other regarding the feature that I had to research myself. I made both changes to the car's specifications via the email address from which I initially received order confirmation; in these messages I asked that my change to the order be confirmed. I did not receive a response in either case.

To finally receive confirmation that my order was indeed correct I contacted the concierge via Volvo chat, available from the build site. When I asked of the chat contact that a supervisor call me on the phone, my own concierge contact miraculously phoned me immediately (while still in the chat with the other representative), clearly tipped off by her colleague that I was in the process of seeking her supervisor. In speaking to my concierge contact, she was unable to confirm the information about my order, noting that they do not have access to the specific information about customer orders. I reiterated my desire to receive a phone call from a supervisor.

The supervisor did indeed call me. It was an unsatisfying experience, though, in which she confirmed that they in fact do not have access to customer order information at this time. She was therefore also unable to confirm the details of my order or to verify that the changes I have made have been received and the order modified appropriately. She noted that she will "look into it" and get back to me. She also told me that my personal concierge contact could not be changed, since she is apparently the only option available.

It is worth noting that the local dealer, who will take delivery of the car, has contacted me twice now without my solicitation and has been helpful in answering some of my questions. Even from outside of the process he seems infinitely more knowledgeable and useful than the concierge service.

Has this been others' experience as well? I'm very frustrated that this "service" touted as aiding me in my purchasing experience has been fraught with difficulties, inaccuracies, and enormous hassle and frustration. As I said, I'm on the verge of canceling and moving on to the next option. [Are you listening Volvo??]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Customer Care info for US: http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/contact-us

You should let them know about your experience.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Customer Care info for US: http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/contact-us

You should let them know about your experience.
      Good idea -- I tried this, and "customer care" apparently only cares up to 1,000 characters on their online form, or about a third of my note above. We shall see if they also care to contact me or to resolve any of these issues.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's a shame. My 2012 S60 was used when I purchased it. I don't have too many complaints with the sales lady. But after a couple of days of ownership I noticed a vibration coming from the rear of the car at highway speeds. I didn't notice this vibration when I test drove it, I didn't take it to the highway. It turned out that the rear tires were cupped and there was a bent rim. I ask, how can a dealer sell a car with those issues. I went back to the dealer, and instead of replacing the all tires so they are the same, they swapped wheels with another car on the lot. I asked them why they didn't replace all tires. I got a run around. So I went out and replaced all tires on my dime. I'm happy with the car, But I will never return to the dealer.

I hate to hear this as it will soon enough be time for choosing an S90 for my wife.

By contrast, look up what one gets with Lincoln Black Label service where they either take you into a special black label room at a dealership or come to your home or office to help you face to face.

Then they deliver to your door when it's ready for you.

And to think I stepped away from Lincoln.

2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver

Quote Originally Posted by moosecar View Post
      I recently used Volvo's online build website to place an order for a V90 wagon. Aside from the merits of the car, I was in part enticed by Volvo's description of its online Concierge service (described here for the S90: http://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new...olvo-concierge), which is intended to provide a customized purchasing experience where a Volvo representative is dedicated to aiding with the order placement, any changes, tracking of the process, and of course queries along the way.

My experience has been horrible so far, to the point that I'm very seriously considering canceling the order and moving onto another vehicle instead.

Specifically, I received only one cursory phone call after placing the order, in which my "personal concierge" could confirm only the color and model of my car, but not any of the options and other details I had selected. She was unable to answer any questions regarding some of the car's options, and she had no answer for a very specific inconsistency between the build website and the OSD spec sheet that I had noticed. When asked to look into this, she said she would contact me in less than 24 hours. After 4 days I had to track her down, at which time she sent an email regarding the feature that had inaccurate information in it (I had in the meantime gotten the information from a local dealer). I have made 2 minor changes to the order since placing it initially (it was noted that changes are allowed until late March), one a change in the wood trim and the other regarding the feature that I had to research myself. I made both changes to the car's specifications via the email address from which I initially received order confirmation; in these messages I asked that my change to the order be confirmed. I did not receive a response in either case.

To finally receive confirmation that my order was indeed correct I contacted the concierge via Volvo chat, available from the build site. When I asked of the chat contact that a supervisor call me on the phone, my own concierge contact miraculously phoned me immediately (while still in the chat with the other representative), clearly tipped off by her colleague that I was in the process of seeking her supervisor. In speaking to my concierge contact, she was unable to confirm the information about my order, noting that they do not have access to the specific information about customer orders. I reiterated my desire to receive a phone call from a supervisor.

The supervisor did indeed call me. It was an unsatisfying experience, though, in which she confirmed that they in fact do not have access to customer order information at this time. She was therefore also unable to confirm the details of my order or to verify that the changes I have made have been received and the order modified appropriately. She noted that she will "look into it" and get back to me. She also told me that my personal concierge contact could not be changed, since she is apparently the only option available.

It is worth noting that the local dealer, who will take delivery of the car, has contacted me twice now without my solicitation and has been helpful in answering some of my questions. Even from outside of the process he seems infinitely more knowledgeable and useful than the concierge service.

Has this been others' experience as well? I'm very frustrated that this "service" touted as aiding me in my purchasing experience has been fraught with difficulties, inaccuracies, and enormous hassle and frustration. As I said, I'm on the verge of canceling and moving on to the next option. [Are you listening Volvo??]
      I am sorry to see you having had this type of experience. Certainly, not what the Concierge Program is all about. I am very, very surprised by this.

If you want, PM me your name, your order details and who your retailer is (that will be receiving the order) and I will get you the answers you are looking for, plus I will find out what happened and ensure you are handled in the spirit of the Concierge Program.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

My sense of the Concierge Service is that, if you have a relationship with a good local dealer, order your V90 through them and let them deal with the Concierge Service ordering process. This is what I decided to do. On the other hand, if you have a lousy local dealer who is infamous for not liking OSD and custom orders, you might be better off ordering the car through the Concierge Service and having to deal with the dealer only on the delivery end.
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

My experience across the board is that these 'Concierge' services are manned by a warm body and little else.
      Indeed, even Porsche's Exclusive Program is not much actual help.-Richard
      2011 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
      2003 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His, Fallen Apart, rehabbed 11/16!
      1999 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-Granddaughter
      2013 Porsche Boxster Mexico Blue
      2017 Porsche C4S Carmine Red ContiWinterContact

The problem that will arise with the concierge system is that the people are not going to seasoned sales people who have done the process many times. There are things you know are possible and where to look ,when not possible if you have sold cars long enough. I think it really will come down to experience. One person I talked to didn't even know what a buyers order was.
      Frankly I think once you are in contact with a dealer they should only be making checking in calls.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenfooler View Post
      The problem that will arise with the concierge system is that the people are not going to seasoned sales people who have done the process many times. There are things you know are possible and where to look ,when not possible if you have sold cars long enough. I think it really will come down to experience. One person I talked to didn't even know what a buyers order was.
      Frankly I think once you are in contact with a dealer they should only be making checking in calls.
      There is an increasing amount of buyers who do not like the horse-trade game. No system is perfect. The Concierge Dept consists of very dedicated people who are totally committed to customer satisfaction.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by moosecar View Post
      ... she confirmed that they in fact do not have access to customer order information at this time. She was therefore also unable to confirm the details of my order or to verify that the changes I have made have been received and the order modified appropriately.
      Unfathomable.... The whole point of the program is for a knowledgeable liaison to guide you. How can they do that without knowing what you're ordering?
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      There is an increasing amount of buyers who do not like the horse-trade game. No system is perfect. The Concierge Dept consists of very dedicated people who are totally committed to customer satisfaction.
      For the record, I would gladly put up with the horse-trade game if it meant I did not have to pay the full, bloated MSRP, which is the presumption and reality of the V90 order options for US customers. For doing so, however, I expected something in return at least -- at minimum, a department that actually "consists of very dedicated people who are totally committed to customer satisfaction" which, as I pointed out in detail above, has not been my personal experience.
      Last edited by moosecar; 03-23-2017 at 12:26 AM.

My wife's concierge experience has been evolving. I still think we've left money on the table, but a mention of being in the Volvo Club of America has opened up a couple of niceties that I would associate with the efforts of a hotel concierge. Unfortunately, no A-plan discounts per se.

What are the niceties specifically? Given my experience, and their awareness of it and presumed motivation to keep me satisfied and redeem themselves, I would have thought they might have tried to accommodate me in some way, but no...

Pm'd

The Concierge Dept consists of very dedicated people who are totally committed to customer satisfaction.
      I almost never use Internet acronyms, but this time, I'll make an exception:

ROFLMAO.

You can't be serious. The Concierge is worthless, and all I can figure is that a Chinese marketer somehow got the idea that "concierge" is a magic word for Americans.

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements