No TPMS?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: No TPMS?

Thumbs down No TPMS?

Hi

I'm changing the tires on my C70 and noticed there were no pressure sensors. I tried seraching the digital manual for TPMS and the search yielded nothing. Did the C70s not come with TPMS? If that's the case, is there a way to for them to where they display on the dashboard?

Thanks
      2013 Peugeot 508 Allure - Thorium Grey
      2013 Volvo C70 T5 - Electric Sliver with Cranberry Interior Pole*
      2016 Volvo XC-90 Inscription - Ember Black with 20" Wheels on Air - Pole*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by osama_momen View Post
      Hi

I'm changing the tires on my C70 and noticed there were no pressure sensors. I tried seraching the digital manual for TPMS and the search yielded nothing. Did the C70s not come with TPMS? If that's the case, is there a way to for them to where they display on the dashboard?

Thanks
      there is a tpms. attached at the valves.

but the car doesn't have the modern dash features of displaying actual pressures at each wheel. dash only displays a "tire pressure low" alert and you have to walk around to see where
      the flat is
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak/18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

The solid metal stem is your clue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080EQ3PO
      regtor
      2011 C70 T5 polestar | electric silver metallic/cranberry
      dynamic, multimedia, climate & convenience packages
      blis, sport pedals, oem front strut bar, elevate rear sway bar, mods4cars smart top, volvotech vbb4 rear camera

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

After the "Tire pressure Low" warning will come "Add Air Now" command. I have personally experienced this command at below 20 psi.

Yeah, my car doesn't have these sensors. I did further research and TPMS came on US models only.

Based on this I've reached out to Volvotech and they are working on a iTPMS system. Hopefully they are successful and I will surely buy it.
      I already have their reverse camera and I'm very happy with the OEM appearance and functionality of it.

Count yourself lucky you don't have it: almost $300 added to the cost of my winter wheels to do a job I've been doing myself every week for the past 40 years with a perfectly adequate $5 tire pressure gauge

Yeah, I'm happy that Canadian Volvos don't have TPMS...
      2012 C70 T5 A - Polestar Tune, Elevate downpipe, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Volvo OEM lip spoiler, Heico front spoiler lips
      2005 V50 T5 M AWD - Passion Red/Graphite T-tec, sport pkg, Volvo body kit
      1998 S70 T5 M - Black/Graphite, 239whp/317wtq on old setup, List of mods

Not all US C70s had the TPMs. My 2006 does not have them either.

I for one appreciate the TPMS. Like tarhoosier above, I also had the "Tire Pressure Low" and then the more urgent "Add Air Now" messages after picking up a screw. With the low aspect ratio of my 18" tires (235-40-18), you don't get the telltale bulge on the sidewall from a low pressure tire. In my experience, I really had to stare at all 4 tires to see which one was low. Of course, my trusty digital tire gauge quickly confirmed the TPMS messages.
      regtor
      blis, sport pedals, oem front strut bar, elevate rear sway bar, mods4cars smart top, volvotech vbb4 rear camera

Quote Originally Posted by regtor View Post
      I for one appreciate the TPMS. Like tarhoosier above, I also had the "Tire Pressure Low" and then the more urgent "Add Air Now" messages after picking up a screw. With the low aspect ratio of my 18" tires (235-40-18), you don't get the telltale bulge on the sidewall from a low pressure tire. In my experience, I really had to stare at all 4 tires to see which one was low. Of course, my trusty digital tire gauge quickly confirmed the TPMS messages.
      Yup! The only reason I want the TPMS is to avoid driving with a tire very low on air and not realize it.

VolvoTech.eu is working on a iTPMS system that uses existing car sensors (ABS and traction) to know if the tire pressure is low. I asked them to put me on the inform list once it's available,

What does your rear sway bar do in terms of looks and performance? if you don't mind me asking.
      2013 Peugeot 508 Allure - Thorium Grey
      2013 Volvo C70 T5 - Electric Sliver with Cranberry Interior Pole*
      2016 Volvo XC-90 Inscription - Ember Black with 20" Wheels on Air - Pole*

upgraded rear sway bar is not really visible but it really flattens out the car
      when cornering
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak/18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

Quote Originally Posted by osama_momen View Post
      What does your rear sway bar do in terms of looks and performance? if you don't mind me asking.
      Quote Originally Posted by jschinito View Post
      upgraded rear sway bar is not really visible but it really flattens out the car when cornering
      Right. A beefier rear sway bar provides a notable improvement in cornering and handling, No change to looks or stance. Search the C70 forum (and C30 and S40) and you'll find many folks who have upgraded. For me, the combination of the rear sway bar and the OEM front strut bar was a substantial handling upgrade, providing faster and flatter cornering, To be sure, it's still a C70 and not a 3 series or a Miata, but a nice upgrade.

Here's my writeup from some years ago: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ow-to-and-pics
      If you decide to put in a beefier rear sway bar make sure you check the bar bracket and end link bolts once or twice a year. I put blue loctite on and they still needed tightening when I put my winter tire/wheel setup a couple of months ago. Probably the result of spirited cornering
      And, here's my writeup on the front strut brace: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post1918098
      regtor

Quote Originally Posted by regtor View Post
      My FIAT costing about half the MSRP of our C70 actually tells us which tire is low
      Current: '13 C70 Caspian Blue 2015 FIAT 500L Lounge Grigio Chiaro...until Volvo brings the XC40 to the States!!!
      Previous Volvos[/I]: '11 C70 Ice White;
      Polestar ,'10 XC60 T6 Electric Silver; '08 C70, '07 XC70, '04 V70', '04 C70, '01 S40, '80 242 GT '72 145

Just a though, can TPMS be added to a non-TPMS car by the way of adding OEM sensors and a VIDA program or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements