2005 v70r 6mt, 91k
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

**SOLD** 2005 v70r 6mt, 91k

**SOLD**

Selling my 2005 Volvo V70R with manual transmission and 91K miles! A unicorn! I bought this car a little over 1yr ago but have decided I'm better served by consolidating multiple vehicles into one truck.

This was one of those amazing finds, really well maintained by the PO with all synthetic oil changes, regular detailing, even a complete 3M clear bra/protection that's still on! The car herself came with all the options, including nav, rear parking sensors, HU-850, automatic wipers, integrated booster seats, fold up seats in cargo area, winter mats, factory roll up window screens, and probably a bunch of other great stuff that only crazy Volvo people would notice. Also includes the factory Thule crossbars.

Condition is very good overall with some small dings and scratches consistent with a 10+ yr old car. I've hand waxed regularly since I’ve owned it. Interior leather is all excellent with no tears. There is a small seam coming loose on the driver's bolster that I will be having professionally repaired. Wheels are pretty badly rashed all around by the PO, sadly.

Since buying her I've put a lot of work into this car and the previous owner did too. I really intended to keep this car until she fell apart and she now drives like new. The big one is that the car had the entire angle gear, clutch, and pressure plate replaced somewhere around 50K. It's had brakes and rotors replaced recently as well, although I'll need to pull the PO's service records to find out when. I've done the following since 84K (when I got her), most of the work done professionally by TVG in Portland:

• Grom audio system from IPD
      • All 4C struts replaced with Monroe
      • Front A-arms replaced with IPD HD
      • Front ball joints replaced
      • Sway bars replaced with IPD
      • Four new Conti DWS tires
      • PCV system replaced (Genuine Volvo)
      • Fuel filter and cabin air filters replaced
      • Carquest AGM battery
      • Power steering pump and high pressure line replaced (Genuine Volvo)

She'll need the timing belt at some point, though officially it's 100K. After that I don't think any other major service will be needed for a long time.
      Pics available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/vovep18c6...GaTT-6iutlk2aa

Located in Portland, OR. $13500 OBO

[edit] added AGM battery note, forgot in original post
      [edit] SOLD!
      Last edited by joshhartung; 03-18-2017 at 11:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your shop should have told you that the timing belt is 105k miles OR ten years, whichever comes first. So you're actually overdue and should either get it done or prepare to negotiate a little because it really should be done immediately.

Good luck with the sale, looks really nice! I can't quite tell is it magic blue or black? I think blue from the other pictures. Also Gobi interior for anyone not wanting to click through.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Pure Turbos Hybrid, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, JZW tune.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.

Car looks really clean - good luck with the sale!
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks guys, yeah I'm sad to leave the R ranks. Still have my 1966 122 wagon though so I can claim true "Volvo guy" status regardless.

Color is Magic Blue, interior is Gobi.

Josh,
      Did your R sell? I noticed "Pending" so I thought I would ask.
      Cheers,
      G

Quote Originally Posted by LloydDobler View Post
      Your shop should have told you that the timing belt is 105k miles OR ten years, whichever comes first. So you're actually overdue and should either get it done or prepare to negotiate a little because it really should be done immediately.

Good luck with the sale, looks really nice! I can't quite tell is it magic blue or black? I think blue from the other pictures. Also Gobi interior for anyone not wanting to click through.
      Now I get that this is what's recommended by the book, and we all go by better safe than sorry, but a true story. I bought an S60 AWD for dirt cheap, 152k miles, needed some work of course. The car was 14 years old 152k miles on the clock, and original timing belt. I drove the car 300 miles praying that I would make it to my parent's house (that's where all my tools were along with a driveway I can work in). I can't recommend anyone to do that because the belt was cracking along the whole perimeter, but the fact is that it was far more overdue and still in one piece.

With that said, it's more of a negotiation point rather than a real concern.

pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by BolboLubber View Post
      pics or it didn't happen
      Sorry, no pics. It was my first timing belt job, so I was more concentrated on getting everything done perfectly rather than documenting the steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by geaRhead70 View Post
      Now I get that this is what's recommended by the book, and we all go by better safe than sorry, but a true story. I bought an S60 AWD for dirt cheap, 152k miles, needed some work of course. The car was 14 years old 152k miles on the clock, and original timing belt. I drove the car 300 miles praying that I would make it to my parent's house (that's where all my tools were along with a driveway I can work in). I can't recommend anyone to do that because the belt was cracking along the whole perimeter, but the fact is that it was far more overdue and still in one piece.

With that said, it's more of a negotiation point rather than a real concern.
      Sometimes it's not the belt that goes but the tensioner - hard to tell if that is about to fail.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Sale still pending BUT I did the timing belt. All OEM, belt, tensioners, and water pump. A mere $900!

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements