matt1122's Long-Term V90 Cross Country Review and Microblog Thread - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      I've seen prices ranging from $3k - $6k on the web. Haven't gotten a quote myself.

I decided I can live with some chips in the paint.
      Would never pay more than a $1000 for a matte wrap. But not for the chip protection.

I mean who cares about a few chips. Especially on a car with the image of the "rugged" v90 cc and practically speaking on OG color - it won't show up that easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I was considering going black. That's when I wanted the Xpel.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

I was considering going black. That's when I wanted the Xpel.
      We had a black (metallic?) Accord. The only issue with it was how every chip/scratch/dent was noticeable because the off-white of the primer would peak through.

Dirt might as well have been white specks of paint. Don't think I've washed a car as much as that one.

Now I only go with silver colors.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TIV70R View Post
      We had a black (metallic?) Accord. The only issue with it was how every chip/scratch/dent was noticeable because the off-white of the primer would peak through.

Dirt might as well have been white specks of paint. Don't think I've washed a car as much as that one.

Now I only go with silver colors.

At the end of the day.. Its just a car ... and have way better places to spend $1K ...

Some good news: The V90 Cross Country now qualifies for A-Plan. On my build, this will provide a $2,289 Discount over MSRP. Not sure if it affects the Polestar tune which is being port installed at all, but I don't believe so. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to include 2-years of on-call connectivity like the XC90 and S90 do.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Some good news: The V90 Cross Country now qualifies for A-Plan. On my build, this will provide a $2,289 Discount over MSRP. Not sure if it affects the Polestar tune which is being port installed at all, but I don't believe so. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to include 2-years of on-call connectivity like the XC90 and S90 do.
      I wish A-plan was closer to invoice. Doesn't seem like all that great a deal. I guess it will depend on how the V90CC sells and if deeper discounts start rolling through the market.

According to the info I have from A-Plan, 2017 SPA models of XC90, S90, and V90CC receive two years of VOC but only six months of Internet connectivity. No mention of V90 non-CC, which is of course not (yet) A-listed. My info also states that the S90 is not available through OSD, which doesn't sound right to me, as OSD pricing has been long available from http://www.flyvolvo.com/S90MY17.pdf. This all sounds like one more case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing in Rockleigh, so you can take it for what it is worth.
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      According to the info I have from A-Plan, 2017 SPA models of XC90, S90, and V90CC receive two years of VOC but only six months of Internet connectivity. No mention of V90 non-CC, which is of course not (yet) A-listed. My info also states that the S90 is not available through OSD, which doesn't sound right to me, as OSD pricing has been long available from http://www.flyvolvo.com/S90MY17.pdf. This all sounds like one more case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing in Rockleigh, so you can take it for what it is worth.
      Actually, your dealer needs to make sure they are informed.

The S90 is listed on the website you provided because it is a MY17 and that car was available via OSD.

The MY18 S90 is not available via OSD because it will be assembled at the Daiqi plant, not Torslanda.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Actually, your dealer needs to make sure they are informed.

The S90 is listed on the website you provided because it is a MY17 and that car was available via OSD.

The MY18 S90 is not available via OSD because it will be assembled at the Daiqi plant, not Torslanda.
      Actually, the info to which I referred (non-availability of S90 via OSD) was not from my dealer, it was from the A-Plan by Volvo website. Sorry that I confused the issue by later citing a different link to an OSD website. IAE, I now suspect the footnote on the Volvo website reflected the fact that 2017 S90 production in Torslanda has ceased and it is now not possible to order a 2017 S90 and take delivery in Sweden. It does leave open whether one will be able to take OSD delivery on a Chinese-built US market 2018 S90L, either in Sweden or China, but I suspect the answer to both is no.

FWIIW, the Volvo A-Plan website states in one place that the 2017 S90 receives two years VOC and two years Internet connectivity, and in a different place two year VOC and six months Internet connectivity, so that point is confused as well. Can you provide any clarification on that issue?
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      It does leave open whether one will be able to take OSD delivery on a Chinese-built US market 2018 S90L, either in Sweden or China, but I suspect the answer to both is no.
      Your suspicions are correct.

FWIIW, the Volvo A-Plan website states in one place that the 2017 S90 receives two years VOC and two years Internet connectivity, and in a different place two year VOC and six months Internet connectivity, so that point is confused as well. Can you provide any clarification on that issue?
      I have always known about the latter vs the former. I have never seen any documents where 2+2 were ever offered.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Got some updated dates. If I am reading everything right, the car is apparently finished and waiting at port in Gothenburg to be loaded onto a boat tomorrow. ETA to NY is April 26th and dealership delivery expected May 6th.

I am about 5,000 miles below where I should be on my current lease, but above where I had to be for the 15,000 mile / year option to still be less expensive. If only they "rolled over" like Acura does.

matt1122's Long-Term V90 Cross Country Review and Microblog Thread

Got some updated dates. If I am reading everything right, the car is apparently finished and waiting at port in Gothenburg to be loaded onto a boat tomorrow. ETA to NY is April 26th and dealership delivery expected May 6th.

I am about 5,000 miles below where I should be on my current lease, but above where I had to be for the 15,000 mile / year option to still be less expensive. If only they "rolled over" like Acura does.
      I've been told mine is scheduled to be at dealer by may 1 or 2.

Waiting is killing me since I've viewed all the you tube clips on the v90cc.

I've been told mine is scheduled to be at dealer by may 1 or 2.

Waiting is killing me since I've viewed all the you tube clips on the v90cc.

Just been told that my car is in the US.

My SA told me my car is, "... on the list for transport to our region".

Next notification is when it's starts it journey.

Then he asks am I planning on traveling the next few days - !?!

It was supposed to be here may 2 now it might be another week. ... Ugh ...

Does anyone know if we have to use AT&T for the data sim in our cars?

Could we just replace the AT&T sim w a t-mobile sim?

Carrier is now two days behind schedule and ETA at newark is 4/28/2017.

T-Mobile and AT&T share some bands and frequencies. That might work?

Styling: Osmium Grey Metallic, Charcoal Interior, 19" 6-Double Spoke Matt Tech Black Diamond Cut Wheel 151
      Options: Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound, Graphical HUD, Premium Air Suspension
      Accessories: Polestar Performance Optimization

Photos Pending Delivery

Important or Exciting Dates
      2/27/2017 - Order Placed
      4/05/2017 - Vehicle built*
      4/13/2017 - Vehicle leaves Port of Gothenburg on Vehicles Carrier Torino
      4/28/2017 - Updated ETA for Delivery @ Port Newark, NJ** (2-Day Delay @ Halifax, NS)
      5/06/2017 - Old ETA for Delivery @ Dealership? ("Accepted Delivery Date" as of 4/12/2017)

* Planned Factory Complete date was 4/18/2017, 13 days later
      ** Original Planned Date to SCSL was 5/10/2017, 12 days later
      I may have missed it in going through this thread, but what price did you get on this vehicle?

T-Mobile and AT&T share some bands and frequencies. That might work?
      What matters is whether the cell radio used in the car handles the different frequencies that t-mobile uses.

Fwiw - mine was scheduled for delivery on may 2nd, then moved up (!) to may 1.

Now my SA has gotten no updates from Volvo beyond its in the US & has cleared US customs.

With 2 - 3 days to go... No word on if it's still waiting to be put on a truck or on its way already.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised on Monday/Tuesday but planning on seeing Matt's new car here, while I wait till May 8thfor mine.

Quote Originally Posted by boybees View Post
      I may have missed it in going through this thread, but what price did you get on this vehicle?
      MSRP is expected to be $65,390. Negotiated price is $63,890 less loyalty discount and any other incentives.

I may be able to get down to $63,101 less incentives if dealer agrees to honor A-Plan (Volvo Club of America) even though we had not discussed that at the time I placed the order.

Fwiw - mine was scheduled for delivery on may 2nd, then moved up (!) to may 1.

Now my SA has gotten no updates from Volvo beyond its in the US & has cleared US customs.

With 2 - 3 days to go... No word on if it's still waiting to be put on a truck or on its way already.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised on Monday/Tuesday but planning on seeing Matt's new car here, while I wait till May 8thfor mine.
      DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 28-04-2017 20:35:00 1
      DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 28-04-2017 20:30:00 1
      LINER RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 27-04-2017 08:48:31
      CUSTOMS RELEASE NEWARK, NJ 27-04-2017 00:00:00

Now we basically wait for it to show up. As far as I know, the dealer won't get further updates from Volvo before the car actually arrives on one of the trucks from port.

They will do some prep and I believe install the Polestar Optimization before my car is released.

Monday or Tuesday of next week seems to be the most likely time the car will be ready for delivery if there are no delays.

You'll probably get yours this week though unless it's delayed for some reason.

MSRP is expected to be $65,390. Negotiated price is $63,890 less loyalty discount and any other incentives.

I may be able to get down to $63,101 less incentives if dealer agrees to honor A-Plan (Volvo Club of America) even though we had not discussed that at the time I placed the order.

DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 28-04-2017 20:35:00 1
      DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 28-04-2017 20:30:00 1
      LINER RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 27-04-2017 08:48:31
      CUSTOMS RELEASE NEWARK, NJ 27-04-2017 00:00:00

Now we basically wait for it to show up. As far as I know, the dealer won't get further updates from Volvo before the car actually arrives on one of the trucks from port.

They will do some prep and I believe install the Polestar Optimization before my car is released.

Monday or Tuesday of next week seems to be the most likely time the car will be ready for delivery if there are no delays.

You'll probably get yours this week though unless it's delayed for some reason.
      The excitement is palpable! Is this your first Drive-E vehicle?

Vehicle arrived at the dealership yesterday!

I tis my first Drive-E vehicle. Here are the photos I received from the sales consultant I'm working with:

I'll be going tomorrow afternoon to sign over my firstborn and take delivery. Jokes on them since we're not having any kids.

congrats, what were the specs on this one again? Is that the Osmium Gray?
      Present rides:
      13 Volvo XC70 T6 w/ Platinum, Climate, BLIS (wife's ride)
      16 Audi TT
      Gone but not forgotten: 1988 240DL, 1993 940, 1999 XC70, 2003 XC70, 2009 XC70

Congrats on the new ride. Love that color combo. Wish you had gotten the R Design instead (as I prefer that trim) but looking forward to how you like this.
      Nick
      2015.5 V60 T6 RD, Crystal White Pearl

prior vehicles: 2009 G37xS sedan, 2004 Subaru WRX STi, 2003.5 G35 sedan, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Congrats Matt! Looking forward to seeing it one of these days. I'm going to start my test driving of a few vehicles this summer to see what I'm going to move into when my lease is up in December; or just buy mine out at the end if nothing works out.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black, Platinum/Tech/Climate/BLIS/19" Ixion II, KN Filter, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Swaybar {His}
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD - Osmium Grey/Off Black {Hers}
      FS Items: XC60 Cargo Cover
      SOLD:1994 940 Turbo/2004 S40 LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda3 i-touring/2012 S60RD/2013 S60 T5AWD

Looks great - Congrats! Wish I had your bumpers - classic CC style. Enjoy.

Thanks, guys.

Specs are in the OP, and it is Osmium Grey.

I wish I had the R-Design in some ways, but this car is great. So far I just drove it home but wow, do I love it.

Now if I could only sign in to Spotify.

First Impression Micro-Review until I have more time (in the car AND to write):

- Car is amazing. Won't miss my V60 R-Design at all.
      - Haven't even gotten to put premium fuel in it.
      - Haven't even spent any time outside of Comfort Mode.
      - Haven't taken it off road at all yet.

On a scale from 1-10 with how satisfied I am:

9/10 Powertrain / Driving Dynamics (Regular Fuel, based on what a Cross Country should be, not pretending its a Porsche)
      10/10 Build Quality, Premium Feel
      9/10 Driving Environment and Comfort
      8/10 Semi-Autonomous Driving
      8/10 Infotainment, Human Interface
      9/10 Ergonomics

On a scale from 1-10 with how happy I am I got each option/package (10 is happiest):

10/10 Bowers & Wilkins
      10/10 4C and Rear Air Suspension (Soaks up dips for drain covers like you wouldn't believe, but you can slightly feel potholes)
      10/10 Polestar Tune (Dramatically improved driving dynamics)
      9/10 Heads Up Display (Could have lived without it...)
      7/10 Convenience Package (Could have lived without it, but 360° Camera is very useful getting used to a newer, bigger car)
      8/10 Non-Luxury Package (I'll just have to spend the money on a real massage and use remote start all summer)
      Last edited by matt1122; 05-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.

how do you like the rims.....I'm really torn between the standard 19" and the larger ones.....
      Present rides:
      16 Audi TT

I think they look great and are a perfect match for a non-Luxury Package car with a shades-of-grey paint color.

With the matching sills, I would go with the 20" Wheels if ride comfort wasn't important to me.

My advise is to decide based on the ride you're looking for. If you want a firmer ride with better steering response, go with the 20" wheels.

Steering response from the suspension and chassis setup is very very good, but big sidewalls are always going to leave you with a slight delay as the sidewall compresses more before rebounding.

Based on the fact that you're getting a Cross Country and not an R-Design, that may not matter to you.

I'd also think about replacement tires. If you're in NH, do you need/use winter tires? Most luxury cars do not use tires in this size and most cars using tires this size are using light truck or performance tires which will compromise the ride quality, so the custom Volvo All Season On/Off Road tires are probably always going to be the best choice if you are sticking with All Seasons.

I believe stock tire sizes are 19" - 235/50R19, 20" - 245/45R20.

Tirerack appears to be broken right now, but I seem to remember having a lot more winter tire options in one size than the other.

yes, rather than having a 2nd set of rims, we'd just swap rubber on the existing rims to put winter tires on for the snow.....I'm sure there's a better tire rack selection in 19", but I like the look of those larger rims....
      Present rides:
      16 Audi TT

Tirerack still isn't showing the V90 as a vehicle option and when selecting S90, they don't show any wheels available. Hopefully by fall, that changes...

I prefer a second set of rims; I can change tires without a trip to the shop meaning I can do it on a Sunday morning if I wish and there's less opportunity for the shop to nick the rim. It also gets the nice rims off the salty roads.

I'd prefer a second set of wheels, but Volvo's wheels are expensive as hell.

I'm interested in any aftermarket options if they become available, but I could also look for resales I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by murrays View Post
      Tirerack still isn't showing the V90 as a vehicle option and when selecting S90, they don't show any wheels available. Hopefully by fall, that changes...
      Search by bolt pattern, I'd be shocked if they didn't have something. The car is so new they probably haven't seen the demand to add it to their database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by random1 View Post
      Search by bolt pattern, I'd be shocked if they didn't have something. The car is so new they probably haven't seen the demand to add it to their database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah, my plan is to wait until September or so to see if the options show up and, if not, call or email them directly with details of the wheels for a V90 CC. Will a 17" rim fit on a V90 CC?

I just edited my microreview to bump Autonomous Driving up to an 8/10.

Pilot Assist seems to actually be more fatiguing than driving yourself on the highway sometimes, as steering firms up drastically and when it moves the wheel your arms are constantly moving with it slightly.

But what I thought was a problem with the system (staying to the right of the lane, on the line) is actually part of how intelligent the system is.

The car will actually move to the side of the lane that is safest rather than saying dead center.

We came to a point where a pickup truck was on the shoulder and Pilot Assist actually moved the car to the left as as we approached it.

A white car was then passing us on the left and so PA moved us back to the right.

We also hit a point where the lines disappeared for about 15 seconds @ 70 mph. Traffic was heavy. The car continued to steer and stay in lane perfectly based, maybe based on the other vehicle's positions.

Either way, I drove about 30 miles each way with PA doing most of the driving and it never did anything "wrong."

City Safety, on the other hand, seems to trigger more when cars are stopped in adjacent lanes when in this car.

As soon as it triggers, the car brakes very briefly and then resumes going. Kind of disruptive, but it has not applied the brakes enough to worry me it will cause an accident yet.
      Last edited by matt1122; 05-06-2017 at 09:20 PM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast