matt1122's Long-Term V90 Cross Country Review and Microblog Thread - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Congrats Matt! The car looks great, and I dig those rims!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by murrays View Post
      Will a 17" rim fit on a V90 CC?
      They should. I see the base V90 Momentum you can order in Europe comes with 17" wheels.

http://www.volvocars.com/uk/buy/shop...998-1240695412

Thanks, Pete.

Petrol V90s and all V90 CCs are only ever sold with the 18" and larger wheels from what I can see.

In the UK, 17" wheels are listed for the V90 but not not the V90 CC.

There may be a fitment issue, or it may just be that Volvo is only selling the wheels for the V90 in sizes it has the special V90 CC tires to match.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congrats Matt! Looks sharp!

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post

There may be a fitment issue, or it may just be that Volvo is only selling the wheels for the V90 in sizes it has the special V90 CC tires to match.
      I'm thinking the latter, like the V60 CC's case. I doubt there's a brake clearance issue. I expect the limited demand for smaller wheel sizes on the larger models, in the US, is also a decision driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Congrats Matt! The car looks great, and I dig those rims!
      It depends on the engine, for the petrol engines available in the US, the minimal size is always 18"

See detail in our Swiss price list:
      Bremssystem mit 16" Bremsanlage: D3 (Kinetic)
      • Bremssystem mit 17" Bremsanlage vorne, 16"
      hinten: D3 (Momentum, inscription, r*Design)
      • Bremssystem mit 17" Bremsanlage: D3 AWD, D4,
      D4 AWD
      • Bremssystem mit 18" Bremsanlage vorne, 17"
      hinten: T5, T5 AWD, T6 AWD, T8 AWD, D5 AWD

A few small updates:

1) Car was delivered @ 40.5 PSI in each tire. I've lowered this to 35.5PSI today (recommended is 35PSI) and am evaluating.
      2) US models appear to get the inscription floor mats even if they don't have the luxury package. These mats have a better border than the standard mats and cost about $25 more for a set.
      3) My iPhone and CarPlay are pissing me off because they make it difficult to connect the car to the internet using the phone. The phone connection definitely seems faster than the car's modem, though I need to run some speed tests to confirm. The problem is that Bluetooth is disabled whenever CarPlay is in use, so you have to connect via WiFi. iOS disables the WiFi hotspot after 90 seconds if there is no connection. So you have to manually open settings > hotspot every time you get in the car to allow it to connect. And sometimes the car just isn't seeing the SSID for some reason. Very frustrating! May make the $10/$20 per month data subscription feel necessary.
      4) The Spotify app is so far inferior to using Spotify via CarPlay.

I'll be trying to post the first review part next weekend or the week after. The performance-related reviews will come in June.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Vehicle is in today for first service. The problems include...

1. Sensus has rebooted "randomly" a few times since delivery, resulting in loss of all infotainment/navigation functionality for a few minutes mid-drive.
      2. Data modem was not working during heat wave last week. All apps just said "connecting" until I switched to Bluetooth hotspot on my iPhone.
      3. Sensus sometimes becomes unresponsive. Can't scroll, swipe, or tap anything. Sometimes hitting home fixes it, other times I just have to wait.
      4. Start/Stop Service Required message which appeared Friday.

720 Miles on the odometer at this time.

Loaner is a MY17 XC60 T5 AWD Premier Inscription in Mussel Blue which drives nicely.

Dealer now had a stunning black V90 CC with Luxury Package on the lot. I made the mistake of washing the pollen off my car at a self-service car wash last week and figured I didn't need to dry it off but then got stuck in traffic. The Osmium Grey and tinted windows really show water spots. And the water was apparently very hard. I ended up having to rewash with White Vinegar when I got home. The way this thing took on spots, I might as well have gone all the way and gotten the black one.

A few things I would change about my early first drive review:

- Not sure why the resonance from the exhaust increases so much when in Dynamic mode (it's booming at a stop light) but I'm not entirely convinced there's a full active flange at work. Idle does increase slightly, and maybe the little 2.0L block has that effect at slightly higher RPMs.

- At around 400-500 miles, the suspension really loosened up a lot very suddenly. It's almost like the air suspension and/or 4C have a special break-in mode. The suspension is not doing quite as great a job absorbing everything anymore, but it's still very good. Instead of being unbelievable, it's just an A.

And a few quick updates ahead of the real performance review:

- Off-Road Drive Mode is amazing. It soaks up craters in such a manner that it feels like rolling over on a soft bed with a 12" feather topper.
      - Dynamic Drive Mode makes the car drive very well for what it is, but falls way short of transforming this into a fun to drive car.
      - High speed stability (80mph+) is compromised by the ride height, even in Dynamic Chassis mode. The car still handles fine, but if you have to brake during a hard curve at those speeds weight transfers very quickly from one side to the other. While you would be okay on a wide turn on a proper race track where you can punch it through the curve, this is not a good car for hard driving no matter what the drive mode. I'd go with the Inscription or R-Design if you want to carve it up, despite how initial handling seems on a test drive. Still the best cross country to date. Very very happy with this car. Takes the rush right out of rush hour and is amazingly relaxing and enjoyable to drive.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3