#1 · (Edited)
2010 V-70 R-Design Red AT almost loaded
Transmission :Automatic
Mileage: 144k
Color :Red w/ black leather interior
Name: J. Stoll
Preferred method of contact: PM or here in this thread
Price: $7k
Condition: Its been sitting for a few months. No dents. No holes in the leather. Rear bumper cover punctured.
Options/Packages: Factory Nav, roof crossbars (almost everything except keyless start)
Modifications: stock
Accident history : scraped in a parking lot, repaired
Maintenance and service history: serviced though Volvo of Charlottesville

Happy to answer questions and take more photos if interested.

running and drives well

See less See more
#4 ·
GLWTS indeed- Nice ride. Dang - why let something this cool sit for months?
Pics of the area repaired or the hole in the bumper cover?
Carfax link?

I NO U R
Love the tag, but what am I? ;)

#7 ·
I really like the design of these and Passion Red looks great on this V70 R-Design. Tempting given this is in Virginia but I would want to do a 3.0L 6cyl swap from a XC70 or a V8 swap from a S80. :)

#8 ·
Well, funny thing......
The battery was dead, with the key fob in the dash. I replaced the battery, but (I assume the key fob battery is now dead) the car no longer recognizes the key. It starts, but wont let the shifter move out of 'P'. It also flashes everything. And there is only one key (don't get me started).

So, I can still remove the metal key part from the fob. Is there a key hole for that?

#15 · (Edited)
2010 V-70 R-Design Red AT almost loaded

Can't see the video.
I'd be really bummed if I couldn't get it out of park. F.
Must be a fix to this...

#20 ·
Funny, on my free carfax from GoldieRT, the same thing happened, except it was Herb Chambers Volvo in MA that didn't show up. Do the dealers have to consciously enter the information themselves.

And yes...this car would be BADA$$ with an XC90 V8. The noise alone would shock people.

#28 ·
Good news: after the the computer reset, it started right up. Key came out like it is supposed to when I shut it off. Engine sounds smooth.
Bad news: the tires were down (from 35 lbs) to 25-30lbs, and when I topped them off to 35, one valve stem broke off. I'm having it replaced with a non-sensored valve stem so it can be driven.
The dash said regular maintenance required and a check engine light: codes P0700 and U0300. I cleared the codes to see if they show up again.

#32 · (Edited)
As an owner of the same care but de-contented, I am SUPER jealous of the headlights! The only other option I REALLY wish I had.

7K seems like a great deal! And a great car for a newer/younger driver, safe and by no means, fast.

#35 ·
As an owner of the same care but de-contented, I am SUPER jealous of the headlights! The only other option I REALLY wish I had.

7K seems like a great deal! And a great car for a newer/younger driver, safe and by no means, fast.
I think I read thread where someone was able to get the bi-xenons to work. Worth researching though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

#33 ·
Further Specifics

Great looking car! I'm interested, but I have a several questions.

Do the wheels have any curb rash or other scarring?
How much tread is left on the tires?
What did your wife use the car for? Specifically, are the miles highway miles or city miles?
Were you able to obtain a complete set of records from Volvo of Charlottesville?
After clearing the codes, did they return and/or is the system still triggering the check engine light?
Are you able to provide larger more detailed pictures of the exterior (there are several spots where I can't tell if they are reflections or damage/scratches).
Any clunking or noise in the suspension or any other out of place noises/rattles?

Thank you in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.