TunedXC60 Build Thread - Performance - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Love the mellow tune of the exhaust. Really leaning towards the IPD downpipe and exhaust. Any idea if the downpipe a difficult install?

Glad to hear the O2 sensor is working, must be a ton of flow.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Even thought it comes across as mellow, my wife still looks at me glaringly on cold starts. I'm pretty happy with the result. It probably comes across as more mellow in the video with my Iphone than it sounds in real life.

I think the downpipe - no matter which one is probably a little challenging to install due to limited working space. But like anything with the right amount of determination and time it's definitely doable in the home garage. I decided to pay a shop because in the past I've found jobs like that require niche tools that the experienced mechanics (home mechanics or otherwise) already have. In my case... that would mean about 19 trips to Home Depot and Autozone along the way.

I'm crossing my fingers on the o2 sensor. It's been a challenge to get the right amount of spacer to match the flow. Hopefully others that go with the similar setup as mine will be able to use my notes as a starting point. One thing of note, I think I read the do88 intercooler is a 150 cell catalytic converter, and the IPD is a 200. I'm fairly certain that would mean it would make less flow on the o2 sensor, so it should be straight forward with a Viva spacer, for example, to get the o2 sensor dialed in.
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons, Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

Update...

Do88 intercooler / adaptive cruise radar issue:
      Confirmed 100% that the XC60 front radar/adaptive cruise bracket will not fit with the Do88 intercooler. The reason is that the XC60 bracket has two pressed in threaded studs that are intended to mount into the metal bar that the bumper clips into on the front of the engine bay. With the thickness of the intercooler in front of the radiator, the bracket is not long enough to reach the stock holes. Also, the bracket has a lower hole that does not line up with the mounting location included with the do88 instructions.

My current plan is to get the S60 / V60 radar bracket and try to use that. I'm almost 100% certain that it will at least fit into the lower support hole, and the S60/V60 bracket top section is meant to mount flat against the metal bracket mentioned above (not below like the XC60). I may be able to find a clip to the hold the top section, or drill out two holes and use stainless hardware to secure it.

Thought this tidbit would help. There wasn't a lot of concrete data available.

See difference here:

XC60
      https://www.volvovillageparts.com/oe...acket-31300283

S60/V60
      http://www.tascaparts.com/volvo/s60/...sensor-bracket
      Last edited by tunedxc60; 04-17-2017 at 10:09 PM.
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons, Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

Quote Originally Posted by tunedxc60 View Post
      My current plan is to get the S60 / V60 radar bracket and try to use that. I'm almost 100% certain that it will at least fit into the lower support hole, and the S60/V60 bracket top section is meant to mount flat against the metal bracket mentioned above (not below like the XC60). I may be able to find a clip to the hold the top section, or drill out two holes and use stainless hardware to secure it.
      Good work!
      I see your theory but you're basing your assumption that the S/V60 radar unit is the same as the XC60. I'm not sure if it is. But for R&D purposes I damn hope it is !! This would a great resolution to fitting the big do88 FMIC to our cars.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

Yes, same part number for the radar. I confirmed last night. Crossing my fingers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the updates. Lots of teething issues but you seem motivated, organized, and creative, so I'm sure you will get it sorted and all the legwork will be worth it in the end. That exhaust sounds remarkably good for a "sit and rev" clip, as cars usually sound raspy revving in neutral without any engine load. Great tone, nicely resonated and melodious even in neutral. It must sound glorious and refined out on the road. I hope you can post a pull, even if it means taping your phone to a tree and driving off briskly
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune
      13.1 at 101 mph

Current mods: KW V3 coilovers, DO88 fmic, Ferrita downpipe, Powerflex "race" torque mount inserts, more to come...

All hail tunedxc60, first man on the mo.... boost? hehe

Seriously, thanks for your diligence on all this!
      2014 XC60 T6 - P* Tune, DO88 FMIC, Ferrita DP, TSW Bathurst w/ Conti DWS06, R-Design Suspension, IPD Rear Sway, Custom Exhaust, Morimoto D2S 4.0 HID Projectors, Skeletonized Airbox, Powerflex Bushings, Colder NGK Plugs
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - IPD Sways/Subframe Inserts/Strut Bar Conversion, Stoptech Rotors
      For Sale: CHEAP! 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Sway Bars / XC60 T6 parts as replaced above

tunedxc60, I didn't really read in detail about your o2 sensor posts, but I assume your trying to fix the codes generated when you don't have a cat. Try using this method http://www.instructables.com/id/P042...imulator-Hack/ I just performed this on my 04 Frontier for both of my rear o2 sensors. It was a quick easy fix as I couldn't get the fouler mod to work.
      Last edited by bhom920; 04-18-2017 at 02:13 PM.
      15 XC60 RD
      -Bloxsport wheel spacers 10mm/25mm
      -Eibach Pro-kit springs

TunedXC60 Build Thread - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by tunedxc60 View Post
      New issue:
      Constant clicking from front right side. I think I have it narrowed down to the front right spring mount. The noise is constant when driving, and when I rock the car up and down by pushing on that corner its totally reproducible. Hope to have that sorted out this week.
      Constant clicking/popping from front right area of suspension fixed... The strut shaft and stopper had to be lubricated. Noise is gone..Done by dealer at no cost. Makes me not feel as bad paying $190 for a 4 wheel alignment after that no-cost repair. Also what a refreshing experience taking it to a professional Volvo dealer where they have professional technicians that know what they are doing with 0 amount of runaround. If you are in the Chicago area PM me and I can recommend two good dealers now.

Quote Originally Posted by bhom920 View Post
      tunedxc60, I didn't really read in detail about your o2 sensor posts, but I assume your trying to fix the codes generated when you don't have a cat. Try using this method http://www.instructables.com/id/P042...imulator-Hack/ I just performed this on my 04 Frontier for both of my rear o2 sensors. It was a quick easy fix as I couldn't get the fouler mod to work.
      Thank you! If i continue to have issues I'll look into this. Cross my fingers so far so good.

i just wanted to commend you first on all of all the work and sharing your experience with us !!! i myself have a 2014 r design s60 and so far have done the kpax exhaust and intake next is the downpipe and i/c and then want to get a tune for it i been working with someone that has good knowledge of these cars and his help has been very benifical !!

Awwsome, hope the bracket works!
      02 V70 2.4T - EST exhaust/Elbrus 18x8s/Conti DW/Eibach/Koni FSD/Polk Audio/Boston Acoustics/Infinity ---- for sale
      13 XC60 T6R-Design-Ice White-IPD exhaust-Soon:do88 intercooler
      15 Chrysler 200c ---- Mopar Tech

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3