PLEASE HELP. Spare wheel, Tempa spare - Have Questions But cant find Answers
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PLEASE HELP. Spare wheel, Tempa spare - Have Questions But cant find Answers

The long story short. I was driving and got a large nail in my tire. Tire was a goner. And because I didn't have the spare kit, the ordeal was a pain in the ass since it happened at night. So now, I want to invest in the spare kit but I need your help.

My Car is a 2015.5 Volvo S60 with Convenience Package, BLIS, and Heated Seats.

Link to Kit: http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-491985/2016

1. Does Anyone own this kit? What are your thoughts regarding the kit? Have you ever used it before?

2. I looked online and found where tempa spare is NOT compatible with 2017 Volvo S60's that have the convenience package (brochure "A") but No mention of whether the same problem exists in the 2015.5s brochure (below "B") for cars that have the convenience package

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
      (Standard on R-Design/Optional on Inscription)
      • Keyless Entry and Start
      • HomeLink® integrated garage
      door opener
      • Grocery bag holder
      (Not available with tempa spare)
      • Power retractable exterior mirrors

A. https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.bGg&cad=rja
      B. https://carmanuals2.com/d/37003

3. http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-491985/2016

Parts 31317980 and 31399083 seem to be the insert for the tire and the kit (tire). Is this correct?

4. Has anyone bought this for their 2015.5? If so where from?

Thanks
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 03-04-2017 at 10:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      2. I looked online and found where tempa spare is NOT compatible with 2017 Volvo S60's that have the convenience package (brochure "A") but No mention of whether the same problem exists in the 2015.5s brochure (below "B") for cars that have the convenience package

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
      (Standard on R-Design/Optional on Inscription)
      • Keyless Entry and Start
      • HomeLink® integrated garage
      door opener
      • Grocery bag holder
      (Not available with tempa spare)
      • Power retractable exterior mirrors
      The Grocery bag Holder is not available with the tempa spare...

I took the Spare bag route:
      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-R-Design-Pics

The spare is 31317980 and the raised floor is 31399083
      (if you want the raised floor solution)

Do you have a jack?
      See this for 31399083 install instructions: http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...-467402-1/2012

EDIT: spare part number corrected
      Last edited by Little_Nasty; 03-15-2017 at 09:46 PM.
      2014 S60 T6 AWD R Design | Passion Red

We also went with the spare-in-a-bag route and keep it lashed down on top of the grocery bag holder floor. Overall cargo volume is diminished but I use the nooks and crannies around the tire to hold cargo like potted plants, grocery bags and such. Still plenty of room to easily carry 8 dozen doughnuts (for church) in two bags on top of the spare. We have had one nail in a tire on the S60 and used the spare already so I prefer carrying a spare.

This is the tempa spare in a bag not the full size spare.
      Last edited by AeroDan; 03-04-2017 at 07:32 PM.
      2015,5 V60CC Savile Grey met, BLIS, heated front seats, convenience pkg, rubber mats
      2014 S60 T5 Premier Plus w/sport, xenons, eBLIS, heated front seats, SCT w/nav (hers)
      2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon (sold)
      2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Sedan (sold)
      1996 Saab 900S (sold)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AeroDan View Post
      We also went with the spare-in-a-bag route and keep it lashed down on top of the grocery bag holder floor. Overall cargo volume is diminished but I use the nooks and crannies around the tire to hold cargo like potted plants, grocery bags and such. Still plenty of room to easily carry 8 dozen doughnuts (for church) in two bags on top of the spare. We have had one nail in a tire on the S60 and used the spare already so I prefer carrying a spare.
      So did you buy a tire bag and stick a full sizied tire in the bag or are you using a Volvo Spare + Bag?

Will the Grocery Bag Holder not work with a Tempa Spare insert?

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Nasty View Post
      The Grocery bag Holder is not available with the tempa spare...

I took the Spare bag route:

The spare is 31399083 and the raised floor is 31399083
      (if you want the raised floor solution)

Do you have a jack?
      See this for 31399083 install instructions: http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...-467402-1/2012

So is your spare in a bag a full sized tire or a Volvo Spare + Bag Kit?

So you are positive then that the 2015.5 with Grocery Bag Holder is not compatible with the tempa spare insert? Strange the 2017 specifically mentions the issue but not the 2015.5 manual.

My car came with the repair kit. It didn't come with a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroDan View Post
      Nail in a tire was a pain in the ass!! I managed to run over some sort of large object on the highway. Went right into my sidewall and ate the tread to hell. The tire was a goner, but because of my hazard warranty, I am only paying $27 for a replacement. Still, this is a wakeup call.

So is your spare in a bag a full sized tire or a Volvo Spare + Bag Kit?
      Hi,

it's a tempa spare in a Volvo Bag
      The link has the part numbers

So you are positive then that the 2015.5 with Grocery Bag Holder is not compatible with the tempa spare insert? Strange the 2017 specifically mentions the issue but not the 2015.5 manual.

My car came with the repair kit. It didn't come with a spare.
      I believe the thing is that the raised floor will cover the grocery bag holders
      See the link for 31399083 install instructions above

If you don't have a Jack then you'll need one as well

Hi,

it's a tempa spare in a Volvo Bag
      The link has the part numbers

I believe the thing is that the raised floor will cover the grocery bag holders
      See the link for 31399083 install instructions above

If you don't have a Jack then you'll need one as well
      Please elaborate? The grocery bag holder is the insert that sits on top of the wheel. As pictured in the image. Are you saying that the 80mm (3.15 inches) increased height by adding the wheel insert will disallow the grocery bag insert from opening?

Please elaborate? The grocery bag holder is the insert that sits on top of the wheel. As pictured in the image. Are you saying that the 80mm (3.15 inches) increased height by adding the wheel insert will disallow the grocery bag insert from opening?
      I believe the grocery bag insert will have to be removed for the spare. They are both trying to occupy the same space.
      Ti (Ty) - 2013 S60 R-Design
      Gunnar - 2013 C30 T5 - bought new and traded in
      Thor - 2004 XC70 (225k and going strong!)

Yeah, I guess I'm a Volvo guy... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by passleft View Post
      I believe the grocery bag insert will have to be removed for the spare. They are both trying to occupy the same space.
      I think I see what you mean. The convenience package / grocery bag insert has no where to sit if the tempa spare holder is inserted.

I believe this is correct.

There are several different part numbers for the floor hatch. One with the grocery bag insert, one without (and in different colors). Even "without", there are separate hatches for use with and without a spare wheel.

I looked for a V60 in VIDA, and came up with this:

Floor hatch 1.00 39804265 CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 Without bag holder. For vehicles without spare wheel and with repair kit
      Floor hatch 1.00 31414464 CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 Without bag holder. For vehicles with spare wheel.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39804267 CODE KX1X Without bag holder. For vehicles without spare wheel and with repair kit
      Floor hatch 1.00 31414465 CODE KX1X Without bag holder. For vehicles with spare wheel.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39804271 CH -179058, CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 With bag holder.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39834002 CH 179059-, CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 With bag holder.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39834004 CODE KX1X With bag holder.
      2015 V60 (FWD).
      Former: ~1995 850 sedan (5-speed manual ).
      Former: ~1985 740GLE (ZF transmission )

Quote Originally Posted by ericy View Post
      I believe this is correct.

There are several different part numbers for the floor hatch. One with the grocery bag insert, one without (and in different colors). Even "without", there are separate hatches for use with and without a spare wheel.

I looked for a V60 in VIDA, and came up with this:

Floor hatch 1.00 39804265 CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 Without bag holder. For vehicles without spare wheel and with repair kit
      Floor hatch 1.00 31414464 CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 Without bag holder. For vehicles with spare wheel.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39804267 CODE KX1X Without bag holder. For vehicles without spare wheel and with repair kit
      Floor hatch 1.00 31414465 CODE KX1X Without bag holder. For vehicles with spare wheel.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39804271 CH -179058, CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 With bag holder.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39834002 CH 179059-, CODE KX0X, KX6X, KZ21 With bag holder.
      Floor hatch 1.00 39834004 CODE KX1X With bag holder.
      Seems you are right. I went out to my vehicle. The foam inserts rest upon the notch in the rear of the trunk. Unfortunately, the tempa spart insert monopolizes the space the grocery bag holder insert requires.

Guess I'm going to do the Spare in a Bag.

Seems you are right. I went out to my vehicle. The foam inserts rest upon the notch in the rear of the trunk. Unfortunately, the tempa spart insert monopolizes the space the grocery bag holder insert requires.

Guess I'm going to do the Spare in a Bag.
      I did the same thing. I just bought a spare and put it in the trunk space on road trips etc. I have come to like the grocery bag holder, surprisingly its pretty useful.
      2016 S60 T5 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by volvoinsd View Post
      I did the same thing. I just bought a spare and put it in the trunk space on road trips etc. I have come to like the grocery bag holder, surprisingly its pretty useful.
      In my case I never use it - I have the weathertech liner in the trunk which of course covers up the grocery holder.
      2015 V60 (FWD).
      Former: ~1995 850 sedan (5-speed manual ).
      Former: ~1985 740GLE (ZF transmission )

Quote Originally Posted by ericy View Post
      In my case I never use it - I have the weathertech liner in the trunk which of course covers up the grocery holder.
      Agree, the bag holder is cute, but get the spare with box insert kit and new lid. Btw, we tried the tire in a bag option first with our former S60, and found it took up too much space and made packing around it awkward/impractical. Again, pony up and get the full box insert kit.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

I think I see what you mean. The convenience package / grocery bag insert has no where to sit if the tempa spare holder is inserted.

By far the best option. Had it in a our S60RD and V60RD; XC60 comes with. Folks don't be cheap. The grocery bag holder is a cute convenience, but hardly compares to the insurance offered by the full spare kit. It would have been nice for Volvo to design in both to the S/V60.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      By far the best option. Had it in a our S60RD and V60RD; XC60 comes with. Folks don't be cheap. The grocery bag holder is a cute convenience, but hardly compares to the insurance offered by the full spare kit. It would have been nice for Volvo to design in both to the S/V60.
      Except I use the grocery bag holder enough to justify keeping it. Why couldn't Volvo has made a recessed floor large enough for a tire. Now Im in a rock and hard place. Find someone that sells the Spare in a Bag (Discontinued) or spend a fortune a new spare insert, a spare, and then a new insert to cover the spare since the grocery bag holder cover wont suffice.

Just get the Temp Spare with out the foam insert. Foam eats up the cu ft. quickly. I have mine sitting on my weather tech liner and pushed to onside of the trunk. Peace of mind in one spare tire.
      '14 S60 T6 RD: Ice White, Platinum, BLIS, Premium Sound, Mud flaps, Llyods Hexomats, Lumar Metallic Tint 25% rear 35% front, Lamin X (headlights, door handle cups and edges)

Quote Originally Posted by DFVS60T6RD View Post
      Foam eats up the cu ft. quickly.
      Actually it doesn't (fake news ). If you've ever compared both options (we have had both, have you?), the box insert allows a more practical (read flat) load surface flush with the bottom lip of the trunk opening. Though it does shave some volume away from stock, compared to the volume grab and awkward remaining load space caused by the spare-in-a-bag sitting on top of the stock floor, it's more practical, secure and cleaner.

Not a straight-on view, so perhaps hard to tell from this pic, but the tempa spare bag option actually is taller than the box insert, and leaves awkward limited load space around it when attached correctly/securely.

Last edited by Bmo Pete; 03-06-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Except I use the grocery bag holder enough to justify keeping it. Why couldn't Volvo has made a recessed floor large enough for a tire. Now Im in a rock and hard place. Find someone that sells the Spare in a Bag (Discontinued) or spend a fortune a new spare insert, a spare, and then a new insert to cover the spare since the grocery bag holder cover wont suffice.
      Volvo should have, and there's absolutely no excuse for this "safety first" auto manufacturer to trade a temp spare for a little less weight and rear-end design/fashion. Oh, and then charge such high prices for the spare and insert as an accessory. I believe the original accessory with full kit inc. spare was $699!

Back to options: I just can't compare the niche utility of that grocery bag holder to the security of a spare tire. "Spend a fortune" is relative, considering we are driving expensive European premium cars, but you can try the tire and bag option for starters like we did. After dealing with the tire and bag lump sitting in the middle and on top of the trunk floor (a pain to pack luggage, other stuff, around and on top of it), we bit the bullet and bought the entire kit. My wife and I (was her car, travels a lot for work with luggage) found it a much better option. I felt stupid having spent so much for the bag ($106+$21 shipg from Tasca); live and learn. There is one guy on here that didn't like the box insert, and sold it, but he's the only one I'm aware of.

BTW, the S60 insert/box comes complete with the new lid/cover, the V60 does not. I paid $210 plus $15 shipg from Royal South Volvo parts (ebay) for the S60 box insert in late 2014.

I see that Tasca has it a lot cheaper, though I'm not sure about their shipping on this?
      http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31399083

Boston Village Volvo has been pretty reasonable on parts and shipping:
      https://www.volvovillageparts.com/oe...floor-31399083

Volvo should have, and there's absolutely no excuse for this "safety first" auto manufacturer to trade a temp spare for a little less weight and rear-end design/fashion. Oh, and then charge such high prices for the spare and insert as an accessory. I believe the original accessory with full kit inc. spare was $699!

Back to options: I just can't compare the niche utility of that grocery bag holder to the security of a spare tire. "Spend a fortune" is relative, considering we are driving expensive European premium cars, but you can try the tire and bag option for starters like we did. After dealing with the tire and bag lump sitting in the middle and on top of the trunk floor (a pain to pack luggage, other stuff, around and on top of it), we bit the bullet and bought the entire kit. My wife and I (was her car, travels a lot for work with luggage) found it a much better option. I felt stupid having spent so much for the bag ($106+$21 shipg from Tasca); live and learn. There is one guy on here that didn't like the box insert, and sold it, but he's the only one I'm aware of.

BTW, the S60 insert/box comes complete with the new lid/cover, the V60 does not. I paid $210 plus $15 shipg from Royal South Volvo parts (ebay) for the S60 box insert in late 2014.

I see that Tasca has it a lot cheaper, though I'm not sure about their shipping on this?
      http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31399083

Boston Village Volvo has been pretty reasonable on parts and shipping:
      https://www.volvovillageparts.com/oe...floor-31399083
      I bought my current Volvo because of their safety record and the fact my last one got totaled in a a very serious accident. All occupants survived.

I have 3 very very big grips about Volvo and Their Nickle and Dime Tactics. (P.S. Shipping is an arm and a leg. I checked out both sites you listed when researching).

1. Remote Start is already built in but you have to PAY for a subscription to Volvo in order to use the feature via a smart phone / tablet!

2. The doing away with a spare, NOT making a recessed area in the trunk for a spare, and then making my Convenience Package / Grocery Bag Holder Obsolete. And the coup de gras charging a fortune for the spare. Maybe $600 is a drop in the bucket for most, but I consider my Volvo to be a rather large purchase.

3. The navigation system pisses me off on the s60. No Right / Left when arriving at a destination. I've missed my destination more than once. My 10 yr old garmin can do this!

Ok so ranting done. I talked to Volvo today and they confirmed the grocery bag holder is not compatible with the tempa spare. The spare in bag option is DISCONTINUED. I will hunt for the bag option a bit.

I have a 2015.5 Volvo S60 with 235/45/R17 tires.

So what did you do with your spare in a bag??? I've hunted online and I see no one even sells it. I might break down and stick a full size tire in my trunk if I can't locate the spare in a bag. I'm just NOT willing to part with my grocery holder. I use it quite often to keep stuff from sliding around my vehicle. Mainly groceries!
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 03-06-2017 at 05:08 PM.

1. Remote Start is already built in but you have to PAY for a subscription to Volvo in order to use the feature via a smart phone / tablet!
      Regarding the spare, you're on point. No argument there.

But I want to point out with the remote start, on my Ford Flex, my "free" remote start (that I paid for as an option) works off my remote, which must be within a close range of the vehicle to communicate. It's one-way communication, i.e. remote transmits only so can't know whether the vehicle received the command, nor tell me whether it's running or has timed out.

The Volvo remote start, on the other hand, offers this two way communication, and my necessity it must be over a cellular network. That means the car must have a paid-for connection with a provider, to provide that kind of coverage. The kind of coverage that means my wife can nag me from across town on the day I take her car to work and forget to lock the doors because I'm not used to how the whole trunk-unlocks-the-whole-entire-car works.

And FWIW, Ford has a easily installed Volvo-like option for my Flex, but I'd have to pay a monthly subscription to use it. Maybe Volvo should offer a traditional key remote, short range, one-way option?
      2016 S60 Inscription Platinum FWD — Crystal White & Beechwood w/ 19" Portia wheels

So what did you do with your spare in a bag??? I've hunted online and I see no one even sells it. I might break down and stick a full size tire in my trunk if I can't locate the spare in a bag.
      I got the bag from:

Smith Volvo
      1219 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
      smithvolvoautoparts at gmail.com

Looking on their website it looks like they still have some.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedeOak View Post
      Regarding the spare, you're on point. No argument there.

But I want to point out with the remote start, on my Ford Flex, my "free" remote start (that I paid for as an option) works off my remote, which must be within a close range of the vehicle to communicate. It's one-way communication, i.e. remote transmits only so can't know whether the vehicle received the command, nor tell me whether it's running or has timed out.

The Volvo remote start, on the other hand, offers this two way communication, and my necessity it must be over a cellular network. That means the car must have a paid-for connection with a provider, to provide that kind of coverage. The kind of coverage that means my wife can nag me from across town on the day I take her car to work and forget to lock the doors because I'm not used to how the whole trunk-unlocks-the-whole-entire-car works.

And FWIW, Ford has a easily installed Volvo-like option for my Flex, but I'd have to pay a monthly subscription to use it. Maybe Volvo should offer a traditional key remote, short range, one-way option?
      Agreed that the App allows for greater feedback and a confirmation. However, I'd still like a remote key fob. Give me the option to start it from a short distance without paying a subscription.

I got the bag from:

Smith Volvo
      1219 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
      smithvolvoautoparts at gmail.com

Looking on their website it looks like they still have some.
      Thanks. What is the product code for the bag? Do they have any Spare in a Bag or just the bag alone?

Actually it doesn't (fake news ). If you've ever compared both options (we have had both, have you?), the box insert allows a more practical (read flat) load surface flush with the bottom lip of the trunk opening. Though it does shave some volume away from stock, compared to the volume grab and awkward remaining load space caused by the spare-in-a-bag sitting on top of the stock floor, it's more practical, secure and cleaner.

Not a straight-on view, so perhaps hard to tell from this pic, but the tempa spare bag option actually is taller than the box insert, and leaves awkward limited load space around it when attached correctly/securely.

If I get a spare in a bag, can I access the grocery bag holder still for the s60?

Thanks. What is the product code for the bag? Do they have any Spare in a Bag or just the bag alone?
      I got the bag from Smith Volvo and the spare + Jack/Foam Insert/Wrench from another seller
      See the part numbers here:

I got the bag from Smith Volvo and the spare + Jack/Foam Insert/Wrench from another seller
      See the part numbers here:
      With the spare in a bag in the trunk, will I be able to open the grocery bag insert or does it cover the entire trunk?

With the spare in a bag in the trunk, will I be able to open the grocery bag insert or does it cover the entire trunk?
      Covers the trunk when secured, like you see pictured, that's why I consider it a half measure for budget concerns. IMO, it sucked, so I pony'd-up for the full kit.

In general, the P3 S60 was impractical as hell, and basically a 4 door coupe - - reason one why we traded our's after only one year (at a loss) for an XC60...but I digress.
      Last edited by Bmo Pete; 03-07-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Covers the trunk when secured, like you see pictured, that's why I consider it a half measure for budget concerns. IMO, it sucked, so I pony'd-up for the full kit.

In general, the P3 S60 was impractical as hell, and basically a 4 door coupe - - reason one why we traded our's after only one year (at a loss) for an XC60...but I digress.
      I have a 2015.5 Volvo S60 FWD with Heated Front Seats, BLIS, & Convenience Package. (Didn't think about AWD at time of purchase. Doh. So use to FWD). Probably would have opted for an AWD had I considered one. However, the S60 t5 is a pretty peppy car and it gets great mileage. I'm pretty pleased with the handling and overall performance. An AWD probably would have offered a greater experience, but I digress.

Quirks in the S60

1. Navigation lacks a Right or Left Designation for GPS / Nav. Very very very frustrating not to know which side of the road my location is at! 10 yr old Garmin can do this one!

2. Remote Start being a Paid service, and not giving customers a key fob option.

3. The Damn Spare situation. Man I'm pissed. Tomorrow Im going to go to Volvo and buy the damn kit. But I'm giving up my convenience package grocery bag holder to get this kit. What the HELL were volvo engineer's smoking that day? You couldn't design the car to hold a spare or a kit that was compatible with the Grocery Bag Holder?

Volvos are great cars with some Hair Brain Engineers.....

ok, just for clarification... Does the foam insert, etc require a new "floor" or do you use the same one? I was looking at mine today and the back has a little lip, I'm not sure that will clear the back of the seat once it's raised up a few inches.

For what it's worth, my roommate uses a wheelchair so the foam and raised floor is my only option, unless I want a spare in the backseat... so yes... this sucks!
      Ti (Ty) - 2013 S60 R-Design
      Gunnar - 2013 C30 T5 - bought new and traded in
      Thor - 2004 XC70 (225k and going strong!)

Yeah, I guess I'm a Volvo guy... ;-)

ok, just for clarification... Does the foam insert, etc require a new "floor" or do you use the same one? I was looking at mine today and the back has a little lip, I'm not sure that will clear the back of the seat once it's raised up a few inches.

For what it's worth, my roommate uses a wheelchair so the foam and raised floor is my only option, unless I want a spare in the backseat... so yes... this sucks!
      Here's what I've gathered. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

1. Spare in a Bag monopolizes whole trunk and renders Grocery Bag Insert inaccessible.
      2. Tempa Spare + insert is incompatible with Grocery Bag Holder. So you need a new cover. Someone said the Insert comes with a Flat Cover?
      I'm going to go to my local Volvo to order the Tempa Spare + Insert. I have had 2 flat tires in 9 months. One being this past week when
      the tire was a goner late at night. Therefore, I concede. Volvo, your Engineers are Bone-Headed for NOT making room for a spare
      where the Repair Kit Goes. And even More Boneheaded for not making the Spare compatible with the Grocery Bag Holder Insert.

So I am a proud owner of a Volvo... Even after all its quirks and boneheaded ideas confound me to no end.

3. The Damn Spare situation. Man I'm pissed. Tomorrow Im going to go to Volvo and buy the damn kit. But I'm giving up my convenience package grocery bag holder to get this kit. What the HELL were volvo engineer's smoking that day? You couldn't design the car to hold a spare or a kit that was compatible with the Grocery Bag Holder?

Volvos are great cars with some Hair Brain Engineers.....
      As a professional bean counter (yes, I have actually physically counted bean inventory ), I do harbor some guilt for this type of cost saving concession. On second thought, Product Development is usually to blame.

When we were shopping to replace our Saabs, we looked at many different brands. The Cadillacs (where we bought our Saabs) all had fix-a-flat type inflators and no spare. Audis all seemed to have a spare, and the Bemers had run flats. We were a little disappointed that the S60 had no spare but it wasn't a deal breaker. My V60CC has a spare for which I am thankful.
      2015,5 V60CC Savile Grey met, BLIS, heated front seats, convenience pkg, rubber mats
      2014 S60 T5 Premier Plus w/sport, xenons, eBLIS, heated front seats, SCT w/nav (hers)
      2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon (sold)
      2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Sedan (sold)
      1996 Saab 900S (sold)

I bought the spare separately, and a bag from Bavarian Auto Sport. The bag's straps connect with carabiners (I bought better ones) to the tie-downs in the trunk. I put the spare in only when I'm going to be a couple of hours from home. The trunk is small enough without losing - all the time - about 1/4 of the depth due to the insert. I do wish they had designed the car to always fit a spare without losing so much trunk space, but this is not uncommon these days, unfortunately.

I have a separate and easily removable cargo holder for grocery bags and other stuf, made by Rola. It's great.

Last edited by JML; 03-08-2017 at 01:58 PM.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design Black Sapphire / Climate / Navigation
      IPD Anti-Sway Bar, Rear End-Links, & Skid Plate / Michelin Pilot Super Sport (summer) / Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 (winter)

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast