kruucks V50 Progression Thread - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      THAT'S what I want.
      Quote Originally Posted by kruucks View Post
      Isn't there someone that sells laptops with VIDA preloaded? Maybe $200 or so?
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I do know if you go on eBay, there is sellers on there that are selling used VIDA laptops. I'll link you to an example.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232265288304

Based on the cost though and what's included, it might be a lot better to just get a laptop and then install VIDA. I can walk you through the installation. It's relatively easy especially if youv never used computers a lot before or aren't high-tech savvy.

On the link above, make sure you read the full description before buying.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      2006 S40 2.4i FWD

Quote Originally Posted by evy0311 View Post
      Yes that Dell would work perfect. The best thing I'd have to say- find something durable and rugged, but also not huge. That's why that Dell would work best. Plus the SSD will make it work really fast.
      I pulled the trigger for this one on Ebay: Dell laptop It was listed for $200, I offered $150 and they accepted. It has the 3rd gen i5 with 8GB RAM while most others have 2nd gen and 4GB. Best part is it's still under Dell warranty until August. Most others in this price range were 5 to 7 years old. Is this a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
      I pulled the trigger for this one on Ebay: Dell laptop It was listed for $200, I offered $150 and they accepted. It has the 3rd gen i5 with 8GB RAM while most others have 2nd gen and 4GB. Best part is it's still under Dell warranty until August. Most others in this price range were 5 to 7 years old. Is this a good deal?
      Yes this laptop will work perfect with VIDA. When you get it you might just need to make sure it has internet explorer 9 installed but other than that it should work out of the box.

When you get it let me know and I can walk you through the installation of VIDA if you already have a CD or a copy of it.

2006 S40 2.4i FWD

Found this blog concerning the Chinese DICE: https://frdiyobd2.wordpress.com/tag/volvo-vida-dice/ From what I read, there are many sellers of these clones but really just a few manufacturers. The better quality ones have a "QC Passed" sticker on the main chip on the circuit board.

The one I have is actually of really good quality. I got it off Amazon. I really don't want to open it up to check, but I've had no problems whatsoever so far with it and the build quality itself is really nice. Even has a working SD card slot.

2006 S40 2.4i FWD

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2