SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Carlisle 2017 Import & Performance

21K views 466 replies 25 participants last post by  TiGreyS60 
#1 ·
Who else is going?

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-import-and-performance-nationals/default.aspx

Correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but when registering, select VolvoSpeed as your main club. Even if you're not a member of VolvoSpeed, the more people who register with that club, the bigger the tent that we'll get.

We plan on driving both cars up to Carlisle, PA on Thursday, May 18th from Dahlonega, GA. We'll get a place that night and then heading over to the show field Friday morning.
Fridays are usually pretty slow, but it's a great opportunity to cruise through the vendor area before all the good stuff is gone.

#2 ·
I'm planning on going, but only for a day trip. I'm about an hour away. That's pretty cool to know Friday is the day to get vendor stuff.
Will watch weather and hope that whatever day I'm there, is the nicer of the two.

#3 ·
I'd say Saturday is the best day if you want to see all the cars, a lot of people don't arrive until late Friday night.
But Friday is definitely the day for shopping!

#5 ·
Looking forward to seeing it.

Yeah - I was there Saturday last year. It is the day to be there for sure. Sunday people are heading out for home.
I'd say Saturday is the best day if you want to see all the cars, a lot of people don't arrive until late Friday night.
But Friday is definitely the day for shopping!

#7 ·
I'm gonna convoy down with a buddy, I'll be taking the rebel blue :cool:

#10 ·
Woo hoooo no Thursday or Friday classes for me next semester means I might actually be able to go this year!! Guess I better get myself in gear and get these new panels painted for my T-5R........or I'll have the time off and no car to bring :facepalm: because the R is definitely NOT going to be ready this year (with any luck it will be sitting on jackstands with no subframe by then..

If you're going to convoy down 95 I'd totally join you in that (assuming I go).

Perhaps we could also convoy with Will (and Melissa?) once we get to CT? 619, 607, and 421 would look fantastic cruising down the highway with each other....

Hopefully the emerald T5M wagon is ready for this. Otherwise the pewter is going. May be bringing a motor swapped XC with a bunch of mods as well

#8 ·
I thought the registration was for "Volvos at Carlisle" but I don't see that option on the drop down, so yes - "Volvospeed" would be the one to select. Not sure if VCOA gets a large tent already.

The more folks that register together, the larger the tent from Carlisle. If you guys recall, the Saab folks have a huge tent every year because they all register together.

#9 ·
Can we get this post as a sticky in all of the forums? Would be nice to meet up with everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#14 ·
#15 ·
Have a hotel in Harrisburg booked for Friday - Sunday. I know many folks are camping and I've thought strongly about throwing a camp bed in the back of one of my P2s but I have some reservations about facilities lol (I have high standards..)

It's about an 11-12 hour drive from Atlanta and I would love to caravan if some other folks are coming from down south.

#28 ·
You guys would hate my car... "Driven, not detailed" is my motto. I've had the show car which I kept clean and won awards with. The C30 is a daily track car and it gets nothing but glorious abuse and battle scars.

We're leaving Thursday at 7am, which puts us merging on 85 around 8am in Lavonia. From past experience, this allows us to avoid rush hour in Charlotte. Usually only making one gas stop in Virginia.
We always travel with two-way radios, Channel 3 Sub 0. If you see us on the road.

I'm going to New York on Sunday, so won't be making the return trek until Monday.

Why Harrisburg? There are plenty of nice hotels in Carlisle and then you're not to far from the fun.

#16 ·
2.5 hours for me to get to Carlisle from leaving my house... but I won't have a car, just keys to a plane :D still debating whether to go... and since the weather will be miserable I made sure the airport near there has an instrument approach...

#17 ·
Remember to put one of the R seats in the plane.

#33 ·
Planning on it but working out the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·
Y'all registering for like show grounds or something?

#36 ·
Non-judged showfield. Then volvos all together in one zone. But there is a club down in the thread a bit that Chris posted. Volvospeed.
Remember- non judged. As in skywolf can't go using microscopic technology on people's steering wheels and headliners. ;)

#37 ·
Register as part of volvospeed, the more people do the bigger tent they give the volvo field. Were usually the second largest group after the saab crew.

#40 ·
Maybe it's the teaser weather this week so far (Friday big changes again), but I am geeked-up for this event. 6 weeks to go.
Need to try and do a bit of leather clean on the two front seats, peel and possibly repaint the FMIC. Who has registered thus far? Ashley have a gofund me link yet for food & goody bag?

#41 ·
Any way to make this a top of forums sticky and not just in regional gatherings?
Maybe it will get more visibility. Let's make this a massive attendance this year. Bigger than last year!

#43 ·
I'm going to keep posting to try and get more traffic. Register on Carlisle site before April 17 and get the discount- volvospeed. Show field non judged.

Anyone interested in a set of p2 V70 (will not fit s60) load bars without locks? Fit 01-07 vs without rails. 60 bucks. I'll bring them if so. They are missing the little rubber feet but I was going to use some rubberized paint or a split section of clear neoprene hose before I found a locking set and now don't need these. The XC already has rails and euro load bars.

#45 ·
Registered! My son and I will be there with the Volvospeed tent.

#46 ·
Great! Hope I can convince my son. Maybe - maybe not.
Maybe can convince Maronha!
Registered! My son and I will be there with the Volvospeed tent.

#47 ·
#66 ·
We all need to help with this or it won't become a reality. Three weeks away!
Donate and take part in the goods! I need to do mine today or tomorrow.

#48 ·
I'm registered! Now I just need to spend the next 3 weeks making sure I actually have a car to bring :rolleyes:.

#49 ·
Great! Cleaning wheels this week with simple green and blue scratchy (inside only) and will polish and wax. Will also register today and gofund Ashley. Sailor means you're ready for wet, but if we over prepare for rain maybe it will be dry!

#50 ·
Carlisle 2017 Import & Performance

What are y'alls travel plans?

For those of us who have long travel to endure we would like to make the most of it. Right now I'm looking at driving Friday, staying Saturday and driving Sunday. It's approximately 12 hours to drive though.

Are most of you going to be there Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Wondering if I should plan to drive Thursday or return Monday instead.

-skywolf and mini-wagon, from Berlin

#54 ·
What are y'alls travel plans?

For those of us who have long travel to endure we would like to make the most of it. Right now I'm looking at driving Friday, staying Saturday and driving Sunday. It's approximately 12 hours to drive though.

Are most of you going to be there Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Wondering if I should plan to drive Thursday or return Monday instead.

-skywolf and mini-wagon, from Berlin
If Will's cookout and camping party Thursday night takes off, then we'll have a bunch of New England people cruising together from there on Friday morning, so probably arriving early-mid afternoon Friday.
If that doesn't happen, I'll probably leave from home on Friday morning, which would get me there late afternoon-early evening Friday.

#51 ·
Carlisle is a happening place on Saturday. Fridays are usually pretty slow as people arrive and most leave early on Sunday.

Like I said before, we're driving both cars up on Thursday. We get to the fairgrounds early Friday morning, which is a great time to go through the vendor area. It's fun to watch all the cars come in. But it can be a bit boring until the masses arrive after work that night. Really no point in staying until Monday, in my opinion.

I'm driving up Thursday, but won't be coming back until Monday or Tuesday since we're taking a few extra days to visit friends.

#52 ·
Carlisle is a happening place on Saturday. Fridays are usually pretty slow as people arrive and most leave early on Sunday.

Like I said before, we're driving both cars up on Thursday. We get to the fairgrounds early Friday morning, which is a great time to go through the vendor area. It's fun to watch all the cars come in. But it can be a bit boring until the masses arrive after work that night. Really no point in staying until Monday, in my opinion.

I'm driving up Thursday, but won't be coming back until Monday or Tuesday since we're taking a few extra days to visit friends.
Understand. You know, trying to make the most of the drive from Atlanta. Hoping to caravan with another member who I am still trying to convince to come. Will make the drive less boring too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.