Carlisle 2017 Import & Performance
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Carlisle 2017 Import & Performance

Who else is going?

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s/default.aspx

Correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but when registering, select VolvoSpeed as your main club. Even if you're not a member of VolvoSpeed, the more people who register with that club, the bigger the tent that we'll get.

We plan on driving both cars up to Carlisle, PA on Thursday, May 18th from Dahlonega, GA. We'll get a place that night and then heading over to the show field Friday morning.
      Fridays are usually pretty slow, but it's a great opportunity to cruise through the vendor area before all the good stuff is gone.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm planning on going, but only for a day trip. I'm about an hour away. That's pretty cool to know Friday is the day to get vendor stuff.
      Will watch weather and hope that whatever day I'm there, is the nicer of the two.
      Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Who else is going?

Correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but when registering, select VolvoSpeed as your main club. Even if you're not a member of VolvoSpeed, the more people who register with that club, the bigger the tent that we'll get.

We plan on driving both cars up to Carlisle, PA on Thursday, May 18th from Dahlonega, GA. We'll get a place that night and then heading over to the show field Friday morning.
      Fridays are usually pretty slow, but it's a great opportunity to cruise through the vendor area before all the good stuff is gone.
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

I'd say Saturday is the best day if you want to see all the cars, a lot of people don't arrive until late Friday night.
      But Friday is definitely the day for shopping!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hopefully the emerald T5M wagon is ready for this. Otherwise the pewter is going. May be bringing a motor swapped XC with a bunch of mods as well
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 241k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 234k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

Looking forward to seeing it.
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      Hopefully the emerald T5M wagon is ready for this. Otherwise the pewter is going. May be bringing a motor swapped XC with a bunch of mods as well
      Yeah - I was there Saturday last year. It is the day to be there for sure. Sunday people are heading out for home.
      I'd say Saturday is the best day if you want to see all the cars, a lot of people don't arrive until late Friday night.
      But Friday is definitely the day for shopping!
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Do you guys know if IPD has a sale on the website during that week?

I'm gonna convoy down with a buddy, I'll be taking the rebel blue
      Daily Driver: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 73k, "Roxy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"

Who else is going?

I thought the registration was for "Volvos at Carlisle" but I don't see that option on the drop down, so yes - "Volvospeed" would be the one to select. Not sure if VCOA gets a large tent already.

The more folks that register together, the larger the tent from Carlisle. If you guys recall, the Saab folks have a huge tent every year because they all register together.

Can we get this post as a sticky in all of the forums? Would be nice to meet up with everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons (Snabb air intake & turbo pipe, Do88 Intercooler, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Ferrita downpipe, IPD exhaust catback, H&R Springs), Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

Woo hoooo no Thursday or Friday classes for me next semester means I might actually be able to go this year!! Guess I better get myself in gear and get these new panels painted for my T-5R........or I'll have the time off and no car to bring because the R is definitely NOT going to be ready this year (with any luck it will be sitting on jackstands with no subframe by then..

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      I'm gonna convoy down with a buddy, I'll be taking the rebel blue
      If you're going to convoy down 95 I'd totally join you in that (assuming I go).

Perhaps we could also convoy with Will (and Melissa?) once we get to CT? 619, 607, and 421 would look fantastic cruising down the highway with each other....

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Woo hoooo no Thursday or Friday classes for me next semester means I might actually be able to go this year!! Guess I better get myself in gear and get these new panels painted for my T-5R........or I'll have the time off and no car to bring because the R is definitely NOT going to be ready this year (with any luck it will be sitting on jackstands with no subframe by then..

If you're going to convoy down 95 I'd totally join you in that (assuming I go).

Perhaps we could also convoy with Will (and Melissa?) once we get to CT? 619, 607, and 421 would look fantastic cruising down the highway with each other....
      Everyone is welcome to congregate at our place and have a pre-Carlisle BBQ the evening before. Lots of space to camp and sleep here. Might make the drive shorter for the NE crowd. Then we can have a sweet convoy of the CT volvo crowd with the Boston clan!

Everyone is welcome to congregate at our place and have a pre-Carlisle BBQ the evening before. Lots of space to camp and sleep here. Might make the drive shorter for the NE crowd. Then we can have a sweet convoy of the CT volvo crowd with the Boston clan!

Would this be Thursday night?

Would this be Thursday night?
      Ya

Getting psyched. 8 weeks away. I'm not on FB, but dug this up from last year. Ashley does a GREAT job with organizing food and gifts/goody bags. Anyone know if there is a new link floating around yet?
      https://www.facebook.com/VolvosAtCar...f=ts&ref=br_tf

Have a hotel in Harrisburg booked for Friday - Sunday. I know many folks are camping and I've thought strongly about throwing a camp bed in the back of one of my P2s but I have some reservations about facilities lol (I have high standards..)

It's about an 11-12 hour drive from Atlanta and I would love to caravan if some other folks are coming from down south.
      2006 XC70 70k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Mazda3 S GT 28k - Black/Black - "Corey"
      2007 XC70 57k - Black/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2011 Tacoma 12k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2013 XC70 35k - Black Stone/Off-Black - "Rolf"

2.5 hours for me to get to Carlisle from leaving my house... but I won't have a car, just keys to a plane still debating whether to go... and since the weather will be miserable I made sure the airport near there has an instrument approach...

Exponents kill
      Elsa my 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap >π Miles
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      2.5 hours for me to get to Carlisle from leaving my house... but I won't have a car, just keys to a plane still debating whether to go... and since the weather will be miserable I made sure the airport near there has an instrument approach...

Remember to put one of the R seats in the plane.
      2006 XC70 70k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Mazda3 S GT 28k - Black/Black - "Corey"
      2007 XC70 57k - Black/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2011 Tacoma 12k - Green/Sand - "Timber"

Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      Remember to put one of the R seats in the plane.
      I've done 8 hours in the plane... the seats are fixed carbon fiber for crash protection. Not terrible but not so great.
      Exponents kill
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

that's cheating

and then you're going to have to make one of us poor saps who drove there in a car come pick you up, right?

that's cheating

and then you're going to have to make one of us poor saps who drove there in a car come pick you up, right?
      Going to have to check the back of his pants before he sits in Wichita. No sharp objects, buttons or dirt!

No buttons? Damn. I fail nearly every day. I cringe when people lean up against cars with studded jeans. Ahhhhhhh!!!!
      Going to have to check the back of his pants before he sits in Wichita. No sharp objects, buttons or dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      No buttons? Damn. I fail nearly every day. I cringe when people lean up against cars with studded jeans. Ahhhhhhh!!!!
      Ive had people stick pens in their back pockets then try to get in my car. Anyone who is going to be in my car is watched like a hawk. It's done almost subconsciously too. You know those spy movies where the master spy notices small details even while having a meal at a restaurant? That's me. Except I seem to keep track of who is going where, did they touch their food with their hands, did they spill lol.

This is why camping at Carlisle could be an issue for me. I would slowly drive myself insane as one of my wagons was encroached upon by my own perceived dirtiness lol.

Could be good though. Help break the stranglehold of my obsession.

Ive had people stick pens in their back pockets then try to get in my car. Anyone who is going to be in my car is watched like a hawk. It's done almost subconsciously too. You know those spy movies where the master spy notices small details even while having a meal at a restaurant? That's me. Except I seem to keep track of who is going where, did they touch their food with their hands, did they spill lol.

This is why camping at Carlisle could be an issue for me. I would slowly drive myself insane as one of my wagons was encroached upon by my own perceived dirtiness lol.

Could be good though. Help break the stranglehold of my obsession.
      He gives you hand wipes if he drives you to a Resturant before he lets you back in the car. Been there. Done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2003 XC70 "Kurd" Nautic Blue Pearl
      past: 1998 V70 Base "Silver Turtle" Mystic Silver Metallic, 1998 V70 Base "Turtle" Emerald Green Metallic

That is the ABSOLUTE WORST. Also not using the handles to close the doors. And bags with zippers that.....uh......well, actually, let's just leave it there and say there were some tense moments on the family vacation involving a clay bar, some wax, and some people who weren't very excited about the car care lesson . (ughhhh I hate it when it's family members who are pissing me off 'cause it's like the whole ship goes up in flames when they get offended that you're not happy because they "touched your car"

That is the ABSOLUTE WORST. Also not using the handles to close the doors. And bags with zippers that.....uh......well, actually, let's just leave it there and say there were some tense moments on the family vacation involving a clay bar, some wax, and some people who weren't very excited about the car care lesson . (ughhhh I hate it when it's family members who are pissing me off 'cause it's like the whole ship goes up in flames when they get offended that you're not happy because they "touched your car" )
      Oh yeah, that's another biggie too. Open coats with zippers. I have to remind everyone to hold their coats closed as they get in because they might end up sitting on their zipper and damage the leather. Many times, unless its super cold outside, I force people to remove their coats and hang them before they get in lol.

Oh yeah, that's another biggie too. Open coats with zippers. I have to remind everyone to hold their coats closed as they get in because they might end up sitting on their zipper and damage the leather. Many times, unless its super cold outside, I force people to remove their coats and hang them before they get in lol.
      I hate being in the car with a coat on anyway. I always take it off before I get in if I'm going more than a few miles. Heated seats FTW.

I don't care if it's 10F. I take my jacket off getting in Elsa. The big thing that annoys me is people touching the bolster getting in. Don't sit on the seat sideways! I'd rather have dirt on my all weather mats from people not knocking their shoes (which I don't allow for that reason) than a crushed bolster.
      Exponents kill

You guys would hate my car... "Driven, not detailed" is my motto. I've had the show car which I kept clean and won awards with. The C30 is a daily track car and it gets nothing but glorious abuse and battle scars.

Have a hotel in Harrisburg booked for Friday - Sunday. I know many folks are camping and I've thought strongly about throwing a camp bed in the back of one of my P2s but I have some reservations about facilities lol (I have high standards..)

It's about an 11-12 hour drive from Atlanta and I would love to caravan if some other folks are coming from down south.
      We're leaving Thursday at 7am, which puts us merging on 85 around 8am in Lavonia. From past experience, this allows us to avoid rush hour in Charlotte. Usually only making one gas stop in Virginia.
      We always travel with two-way radios, Channel 3 Sub 0. If you see us on the road.

I'm going to New York on Sunday, so won't be making the return trek until Monday.

Why Harrisburg? There are plenty of nice hotels in Carlisle and then you're not to far from the fun.

I don't care if it's 10F. I take my jacket off getting in Elsa. The big thing that annoys me is people touching the bolster getting in. Don't sit on the seat sideways! I'd rather have dirt on my all weather mats from people not knocking their shoes (which I don't allow for that reason) than a crushed bolster.
      Absolutely!

OK - all this talk about skywolf keeping a car clean has me wondering. What would skywolf listen to? Classical? Country? Pop? Rock? Alternative? HipHop? NPR?
      What is the musical selection in the vehicles of clearly the most neurotic clean freak? I mean that in a good way. Remember - I used to take an extra hour to wax every surface inside the bed of the Toyota (the paint clarity was stunning), and if I carried my bike, it was on a blanket and strapped in. I took my spare tire down and cleaned it regularly, and removed the grill to wax and clean, plus remove bugs from the radiator fins. Those days are over...
      Somehow, I cannot imagine him listening to this, though Eliot in the Morning played a clip this morning, and it was fabulous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk

OK - all this talk about skywolf keeping a car clean has me wondering. What would skywolf listen to? Classical? Country? Pop? Rock? Alternative? HipHop? NPR?
      What is the musical selection in the vehicles of clearly the most neurotic clean freak? I mean that in a good way. Remember - I used to take an extra hour to wax every surface inside the bed of the Toyota (the paint clarity was stunning), and if I carried my bike, it was on a blanket and strapped in. I took my spare tire down and cleaned it regularly, and removed the grill to wax and clean, plus remove bugs from the radiator fins. Those days are over...
      Somehow, I cannot imagine him listening to this, though Eliot in the Morning played a clip this morning, and it was fabulous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk
      Well..

I listen to lots of stuff.

Piano, alternative rock, lots of 80s, some old school hip hop and podcasts.

Examples: 311, Chopin, The Police, KC and the sunshine band, Steve lehto, Ben Shapiro, ABBA lol.

Sorry guys, wish I could honestly meet up with everyone but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. Someone call me on Google Hangouts when you all meet up though?? I can be there in spirit!
      Join the Fun! 1996 855 Turbo Estate - Polar White/Dark Gray - 150k (est.)
      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

Planning on it but working out the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, StopTech pads, muffler delete, tint

Got both R's registered , hoping the weather will be a little nicer this year

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Y'all registering for like show grounds or something?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast