Carlisle 2017 Import & Performance - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Non-judged showfield. Then volvos all together in one zone. But there is a club down in the thread a bit that Chris posted. Volvospeed.
      Remember- non judged. As in skywolf can't go using microscopic technology on people's steering wheels and headliners.
      Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      Y'all registering for like show grounds or something?
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Register as part of volvospeed, the more people do the bigger tent they give the volvo field. Were usually the second largest group after the saab crew.
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 237k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 230k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

Carlisle 2017 Import & Performance

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Non-judged showfield. Then volvos all together in one zone. But there is a club down in the thread a bit that Chris posted. Volvospeed.
      Remember- non judged. As in skywolf can't go using microscopic technology on people's steering wheels and headliners.
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      Register as part of volvospeed, the more people do the bigger tent they give the volvo field. Were usually the second largest group after the saab crew.
      Alright. Should I register as Volvospeed?

What do I need to know? I'm just bringing a "normal" P2 XC lol
      2006 XC70 68k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Mazda3 S GT 28k - Black/Black - "Corey"
      2007 XC70 57k - Black/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2011 Tacoma 11k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2013 XC70 35k - Black Stone/Off-Black - "Rolf"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Alright. Should I register as Volvospeed?

What do I need to know? I'm just bringing a "normal" P2 XC lol
      Make and model for your show paper if you feel like having one.
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 237k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 230k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

Maybe it's the teaser weather this week so far (Friday big changes again), but I am geeked-up for this event. 6 weeks to go.
      Need to try and do a bit of leather clean on the two front seats, peel and possibly repaint the FMIC. Who has registered thus far? Ashley have a gofund me link yet for food & goody bag?
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Any way to make this a top of forums sticky and not just in regional gatherings?
      Maybe it will get more visibility. Let's make this a massive attendance this year. Bigger than last year!

Registered a couple of days ago. Excited for this!
      [1995 Volvo 854 T5R - Cream Yellow]
      [1998 Volvo S70 T5SE - Classic Red]

I'm going to keep posting to try and get more traffic. Register on Carlisle site before April 17 and get the discount- volvospeed. Show field non judged.

Anyone interested in a set of p2 V70 (will not fit s60) load bars without locks? Fit 01-07 vs without rails. 60 bucks. I'll bring them if so. They are missing the little rubber feet but I was going to use some rubberized paint or a split section of clear neoprene hose before I found a locking set and now don't need these. The XC already has rails and euro load bars.

Oy!

Registered! My son and I will be there with the Volvospeed tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, muffler delete, tint

Great! Hope I can convince my son. Maybe - maybe not.
      Maybe can convince Maronha!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shamak View Post
      Registered! My son and I will be there with the Volvospeed tent.

I took a look, and the 2017 donation page is up!

Volvos At Carlisle
      April 7 at 2:44pm ·
      Here's the donation link! I'm definitely behind this year--- please share it around!
      Can also PayPal ashleyraek@gmail.com
      https://www.gofundme.com/volvos-at-carlisle-2017

I'm registered! Now I just need to spend the next 3 weeks making sure I actually have a car to bring .

Great! Cleaning wheels this week with simple green and blue scratchy (inside only) and will polish and wax. Will also register today and gofund Ashley. Sailor means you're ready for wet, but if we over prepare for rain maybe it will be dry!
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      I'm registered! Now I just need to spend the next 3 weeks making sure I actually have a car to bring .

Carlisle 2017 Import & Performance

What are y'alls travel plans?

For those of us who have long travel to endure we would like to make the most of it. Right now I'm looking at driving Friday, staying Saturday and driving Sunday. It's approximately 12 hours to drive though.

Are most of you going to be there Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Wondering if I should plan to drive Thursday or return Monday instead.

-skywolf and mini-wagon, from Berlin
      2006 XC70 68k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Mazda3 S GT 28k - Black/Black - "Corey"
      2007 XC70 57k - Black/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2011 Tacoma 11k - Green/Sand - "Timber"

Carlisle is a happening place on Saturday. Fridays are usually pretty slow as people arrive and most leave early on Sunday.

Like I said before, we're driving both cars up on Thursday. We get to the fairgrounds early Friday morning, which is a great time to go through the vendor area. It's fun to watch all the cars come in. But it can be a bit boring until the masses arrive after work that night. Really no point in staying until Monday, in my opinion.

I'm driving up Thursday, but won't be coming back until Monday or Tuesday since we're taking a few extra days to visit friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Carlisle is a happening place on Saturday. Fridays are usually pretty slow as people arrive and most leave early on Sunday.

Like I said before, we're driving both cars up on Thursday. We get to the fairgrounds early Friday morning, which is a great time to go through the vendor area. It's fun to watch all the cars come in. But it can be a bit boring until the masses arrive after work that night. Really no point in staying until Monday, in my opinion.

I'm driving up Thursday, but won't be coming back until Monday or Tuesday since we're taking a few extra days to visit friends.
      Understand. You know, trying to make the most of the drive from Atlanta. Hoping to caravan with another member who I am still trying to convince to come. Will make the drive less boring too.

Absolutely! There will be at least my two cars, but maybe a third making the northbound drive with us. We'll keep an eye on the road for you!

What are y'alls travel plans?

For those of us who have long travel to endure we would like to make the most of it. Right now I'm looking at driving Friday, staying Saturday and driving Sunday. It's approximately 12 hours to drive though.

Are most of you going to be there Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Wondering if I should plan to drive Thursday or return Monday instead.

-skywolf and mini-wagon, from Berlin
      If Will's cookout and camping party Thursday night takes off, then we'll have a bunch of New England people cruising together from there on Friday morning, so probably arriving early-mid afternoon Friday.
      If that doesn't happen, I'll probably leave from home on Friday morning, which would get me there late afternoon-early evening Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Absolutely! There will be at least my two cars, but maybe a third making the northbound drive with us. We'll keep an eye on the road for you!
      I'll probably be driving Thursday. A day behind you.

If Will's cookout and camping party Thursday night takes off, then we'll have a bunch of New England people cruising together from there on Friday morning, so probably arriving early-mid afternoon Friday.
      If that doesn't happen, I'll probably leave from home on Friday morning, which would get me there late afternoon-early evening Friday.
      Be there late Friday.

I'm an easy drive, say a bit more than an hour away, up 15. I'll be up there early on Saturday after getting up at the crack of dawn for a wash (if it's not raining) and try to beat the influx of activity, get a decent parking slot and go get myself a breakfast sandwich and a coffee. Maronha will follow in his 06 sonic vr. Probably won't stay past about 4, depending upon what the family has going on. This year in particular is very busy for us. I have a senior in HS...

Don't forget to sign up with Ashley's gofundme. She really makes a decent meal and it's good fun to share in the eats and goody bag. Volunteering is always a good thing. There's usually a branded "Volvos at Carlisle" item and a decal. Last year was a cool cup I use at work every day. There are also other cool things and raffles.

Prolixargon had a cool hat and a colorful umbrella last year. If I could find the pic, I'd post it. Anyone planning anything cool? I may see if I can get a custom tee printed with some Volvo font. Unless it's cost prohibitive.
      Edit: Found it!
      Last edited by ZZZZZZZ; 04-19-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Hey everyone! I'm planning on going to Carlisle this year (it'll be my second time overall). Most likely driving down from Boston. Would be pretty cool to convoy down with a few other participants! Let's get something firm going!
      2010 S80 V8 Executive|Savile Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by stefc93 View Post
      Hey everyone! I'm planning on going to Carlisle this year (it'll be my second time overall). Most likely driving down from Boston. Would be pretty cool to convoy down with a few other participants! Let's get something firm going!
      I'd be in for meeting up with whoever's coming from Boston or points north at any convenient location on the south side of Boston to convoy from there (perhaps this would be a good meeting point? https://www.google.com/maps/place/42...7!4d-71.153912 About as close as it gets to the point of convergence for those of us who will be headed down 95.....).
      If the cookout/camping at ScottishBrick's place on Thursday night and subsequent convoy from there to Carlisle on Friday happens, I'll probably be aiming to pass by that location between 2 and 3 on Thursday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by stefc93 View Post
      I'd be in for meeting up with whoever's coming from Boston or points north at any convenient location on the south side of Boston to convoy from there (perhaps this would be a good meeting point? https://www.google.com/maps/place/42...7!4d-71.153912 About as close as it gets to the point of convergence for those of us who will be headed down 95.....).
      If the cookout/camping at ScottishBrick's place on Thursday night and subsequent convoy from there to Carlisle on Friday happens, I'll probably be aiming to pass by that location between 2 and 3 on Thursday afternoon.
      I wasn't planning on leaving Boston until sometime Friday afternoon.

Haha Zed, I'm glad someone liked my umbrella. If I can find it I will bring it in case of rain.

I am planning to come for the entire weekend, but leaving and arrival dates aren't set in stone. Probably won't arrive to fair grounds until Saturday morning some time.

Haven't decided what I'll be driving, or more truthfully, fate has not yet decided what I shall drive.

Prolixargon had a cool hat and a colorful umbrella last year. If I could find the pic, I'd post it. Anyone planning anything cool? I may see if I can get a custom tee printed with some Volvo font. Unless it's cost prohibitive.
      Quote Originally Posted by ProlixArgon View Post
      Haha Zed, I'm glad someone liked my umbrella. If I can find it I will bring it in case of rain.

I am planning to come for the entire weekend, but leaving and arrival dates aren't set in stone. Probably won't arrive to fair grounds until Saturday morning some time.

Haven't decided what I'll be driving, or more truthfully, fate has not yet decided what I shall drive.

I will be wearing my Volvo Ocean Race rain jacket in case of precipitation. Does that qualify?
      Last edited by JaredR; 04-20-2017 at 10:54 PM.

I will be wearing my Volvo Ocean Race rain jacket in case of precipitation. Does that qualify?
      https://collection.volvocars.com/en/...storm-umbrella

Don't forget one of these!
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

Yes, accompanied by the umbrella!

We all need to help with this or it won't become a reality. Three weeks away!
      Donate and take part in the goods! I need to do mine today or tomorrow.
      I took a look, and the 2017 donation page is up!

Volvos At Carlisle
      April 7 at 2:44pm ·
      Here's the donation link! I'm definitely behind this year--- please share it around!
      Can also PayPal ashleyraek@gmail.com
      https://www.gofundme.com/volvos-at-carlisle-2017

We all need to help with this or it won't become a reality. Three weeks away!
      Donate and take part in the goods! I need to do mine today or tomorrow.
      Donated.

I am now too!
      Donated.

Three weeks. 3 weeks! III weeks.

3/4 of a month!

2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, muffler delete, tint

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast