SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

SOLD: 2012 XC70 T6 w/Polestar & CPO

13K views 82 replies 18 participants last post by  youropeen 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

EDIT: CAR IS OFFICIALLY FOR SALE NOW

I'm selling my beloved Certified 2012 XC70 T6 with Polestar optimization.

Car is in Dedham, MA. 77K miles right now. It is in immaculate condition and everything works. Official Volvo CPO is good until 100k miles and or 03-Apr-2019 (In-service date was 03-Apr-2012). Bumper to bumper coverage, no deductible. Car was originally a Volvo executive car, and I'm owner #2.

Polestar optimized with custom cat-back exhaust (removed center resonator and installed 2 magnaflow mufflers out back).

Has BBS SR wheels normally wear my summer tires but will install original all-seasons back onto those wheels for the sale. I'm keeping the winter wheels for my next car and want to make sure the next owner doesn't need to buy tires for next winter.

It is a "Platinum" package with every option available at the time:
Adaptive cruise
Bi-Xenon active bending lights
Premium Sound
Collision Detection
Front and rear cameras
BLIS
Heated front & rear seats
Nav
Trailer hitch

Also has the IPD rear sway with poly end links on all 4 corners and an IPD metal skid plate (no need to remove when you change the oil!!!!)

Car is black on black on black on black, etc....I plastidipped the plastic chrome-like trim around the car, put on R-Design mirror covers (but have original black ones), and "smoked" the window trim to look like brushed aluminum. Roof rack is included.

Interior wood trim has been wrapped with 3M "brushed black metallic" vinyl. Has Eurosport pedals (including dead pedal), and a later model 3-spoke steering wheel. Includes front Weathertech winter mats and factory cloth mats.

This car hauls u-know-what, has been one of the best cars I've owned so far, and even won People's Choice award last year for the XC class at Swedish Car Day in Boston.

I also have a Heico suspension kit that hasn't been installed yet. I'll include that with the car if I don't install it before the sale, unless the buyer doesn't want it. I'll sell that separately if that's the case. I haven't installed it yet because I'm not sure what it does to the CPO, hence my hesitation.

Just put new brakes on all 4 corners (Brembo rotors and Akebono ceramic pads) and new plugs/air filter in Nov. 2016. Oil changed every 7500 miles with Castrol Syntec. New battery put in last August (Diehard). Car has had extensive service done at Boston Volvo Village last October (new transmission, new gas tank, repaired intake hose and PVC hoses). All covered through an outstanding CPO program, including loaner cars!!

I am looking at $24,500 (considering the options, Polestar, and CPO), but am open to offers from the right buyer.

Free Carfax (thanks to member "GoldieRT"!!): https://www.carfax.com/api/consumers/55764252/report/email/736b420c4ba20ff8ab68e2fcec226f2d1397199d63d2ff8d77f63a9bca8dbed837a41d334faa783a?partner=AFT_1

Contact me via PM on here for now, but I'll be glad to get in closer contact with anyone serious about the car.

I'll grab more pics soon, but for now, here are some teaser shots:

See less See more
#2 ·
Probably my personal favorite P3 XC on the board. Not that that means ****, other than that I have great taste [emoji16].

GLWS, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Probably my personal favorite P3 XC on the board. Not that that means ****, other than that I have great taste [emoji16].
Thanks, Satchel! I think you have good taste, too :)

Bear, you reminded me about the rear sway! Thanks. Edited...

#3 ·
I'll be darned... this is almost a dead copy of mine (wife's, actually) minus the plastic-dipped pieces (pretty cool). I bought it 1 year old as a CPO.
Mine has the ipd rear bar & HD end links.
You're right, the damn thing goes like stink. A sleeper-and-a-half.
Anyone who buys this will absolutely love it. GLWS.

#5 · (Edited)
Well, crap... :eek: :eek: :eek:

#7 ·
Aren't you in the market for a XC70 T6?

#9 ·
I saw this in person last summer at Swedish Car Day and it is indeed one fantastic XC.

#10 ·
Thanks for the props, dudes.

R-Pow3R...I had owned an 04' VR a few years back, and never thought I could find a Volvo wagon to get me back in the game like that car did. Then I saw these, and realized you could P* them, and bought it...and fell in love. IMHO, it is better than the P2 VR was in every way EXCEPT for the manual transmission. It may not be as sticky in the twisties as the R was in Advanced mode, but it rides so much better and has a more modern interior (though not really by current Volvo standards :eek: ). I personally still like the way the 5 cyls sound over the V6s, but this thing sounds pretty nice with the exhaust on it.

#11 · (Edited)
Feeler: 2012 XC70 T6 w/Polestar & CPO

It all started for me with this car. I found the pic while Google-ing and so became a member of Swedespeed. Then I started facelifting mine. Long story.

This car will be sold in a heartbeat and the price is too low if you ask me. I will miss the car. You can buy this car without testdriving it even... awesome!

EXTRA EXTRA!! "XC70 wins at Swedish Car Day"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...peed.com/showthread.php?t=361441&share_type=t

#13 ·
It all started for me with this car. I found the pic while Google-ing and so became a member of Swedespeed. Then I started facelifting mine. Long story.

This car will be sold in a heartbeat and the price is too low if you ask me. I will miss the car. You can buy this car without testdriving it even... awesome!

EXTRA EXTRA!! "XC70 wins at Swedish Car Day"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...peed.com/showthread.php?t=361441&share_type=t
Thanks, CC (our most entertaining XC70 member, lol). And I actually want people to test drive it and give it the right foot stomp. ;)

#12 ·
This looks very interesting. :)

#14 ·
That is a nice XC70, my least favorite model, but yours is an exception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
More thanks all around ,fellas.

I have a clip from when it was first done about a year ago, but it's opened up a bit more and has a deeper, more mellow tone now with occasional pops and snort off-throttle.

I'll get a clip in my work garage today. It sounds mean in there.

#18 · (Edited)
Very, very nice XC indeed, but the real question is what's next on your radar? :)

(if you've posted this somewhere else sorry for not following along)

#19 ·
A valid question.

I'm leaning heavily towards a Jag F-Pace S, but am also considering a V90 R-Design. The latter would take longer to get (have to order it) and I'm not sold on the boring 4 cyl-only (no offense) power trains they are offering in those cars right now. But they are gorgeous, and with A Plan pricing, I could save some money over the Jag.

#20 ·
Hey dudes,

Is there any way to change the title of the actual post? I would like to make this the official for sale thread now and not start a new one. I changed the "Title" but you have to open the post to see that.

Thanks!

#21 ·
Done. Remember that in April. :p LOL

#23 ·
Apologies for lack of more interior shots. I'm going to try to grab more this weekend if it's not too cold in the Northeast (we're looking at single-digit wind chills up here).

#25 ·
Thanks.

Just in case anyone saw "GoldieRT's post about the free carfaxes through April, I took him up on it and asked for one for this car. Just a heads up so anyone interested in this car doesn't pester him too much. I'll gladly provide it to anyone interested.

#26 ·
I think you can add the link he sent you to your ad, that way you won't have to send it to anyone (assuming that's how he's sending them).

Also, the CarFax should give you your in-service date, so that will answer that question, as well.

#27 ·
#33 ·
I think that might just be the belt manufacture date, but in our "newer" cars, it should be the same as the vehicle build date. Racing harnesses have dates on them, as they usually have to be replaced every couple of years fir safety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#36 · (Edited)
Updated some interior shots (put in original post at the beginning)

I am heading to a dealer to look at a potential next vehicle this weekend. I won't be trading this car in but if anybody has an offer in mind they want to discuss, send me a PM. I may be negotiable on the price depending on how the dealer visit goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.