Good day everyone,
Long time lurker and first time poster. Please go easy on me if some of my questions have already been answered before!
Always loved Volvo's. My first car was a 2003 S40 (remember that??). I got rid of it for an Audi A4 and I've had a whole journey of car buying since then. Haven't gone back to Volvo since then though (I got really close last year with a XC70 T6, but wifey kiboshed it last second for a LR Discovery Sport). That was the SINGLE biggest mistake I've ever made in car buying. Anyways enough of that crap.....
So I currently drive a 2014 Acura MDX. Got it after I disposed of the Disco Sport after 8 months of ownership hell. I suppose I drank the reliability kool-aid, but my MDX was NOTHING like people described Acura: Suspension issues, lots of TSB for little fixes. If I wanted to put up with headaches I would've stuck to the Disco Sport!
Now I have an opportunity. There are several V60's from my local dealer on sale. Here's the break down:
1) 2016 T5 AWD Premier - white on black
- 10k on it (was a demo i think?)
- Tech package, BLIS, Parking sensors front and back, rearview camera
2) 2015 T6 Premier Plus - white on black
- 10k on it (Manager's car I think?)
- Tech package, climate package, BLIS, Xenons
I can probably get the T5 for about 37k and the T6 would be closer to 42k. Both will come with CPO warranty up to 160k km.
As you can see, the T6 despite being one year older is going for about 5k more. I would love to have owners of both T5 and T6's cars chime in to give me their take on the cars.
A bit of a B/G to help you guys/girls help me:
- 2 kids (3.5 years and 8 months) with 2 car seats, one rear facing (until early summer)
- Wife currently has a M-B E250 and is ok with the space in that
- My primary car before the Disco Sport was a VW Golf R (MK6)
- Driving about 45km one way to work with mostly highway driving
- I HAVE considered the V60 CC or even the XC60
ANY help would be appreciated. On the other hand, if anyone on here is considering a M-B E250, LR Disco Sport, Acura MDX or VW Golf R, I can certainly provide my experiences with them.