Miss Roxanne's Highly Anticipated and Turbotastic Polar White 1996 850 Turbo Sexy-Time Progression Comeback Fun Thread! - Page 8
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Results 246 to 267 of 267
    1. #246
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      5,554
      Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueR View Post
      Not a big deal. I'm doing right now on my shiit70 and don't plan on stopping until they're worn out lol


      Yeah we tried that once too the last summer we had the Escort (didn't want to buy it new tires when we knew it was going away soon anyway). Then we almost had a blowout. So far we haven't had any really warm weather so I'm not surprised it's fine so far. It was July by the time our tires started failing.
      Last edited by JaredR; 05-14-2017 at 02:35 AM.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #247
      Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      6,853
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Yeah we tried that once too the last summer we had the Escort (didn't want to buy it new tires when we knew it was going away soon anyway). Then we almost had a blowout. So far we haven't had any really warm weather so I'm not surprised it's fine so far. It was July by the time our tires started failing.
      Never heard of summertime heat causing snow tires to blow out. Heck, most drivers in VT drive with snows year round, lol.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    4. #248
      Member SonicBlueR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Newtown, CT
      Posts
      3,974
      Yeah the other year a guy at work kept his snow wheels and general Altimax artics on his 500+ wheel hp STi cuz his bbs wheels were bent. We travel a lot but he still probably put a couple thousand miles on it over the summer. Lol. That may be a lil crazy lol


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 Sonic/Nordkap MT SR with 18" Anthracite Pegs |63K Miles

      00 Laser/Charcoal 2 Tone AT VR 16" Anthracite Satellites/ 17" Pegs |201K Miles

      99 S70 N/A

    5. #249
      Member ScottishBrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      6,187
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Never heard of summertime heat causing snow tires to blow out. Heck, most drivers in VT drive with snows year round, lol.
      I blew out a Michelin x ice that was being run in august. The rubber compounds just can't handle the heat
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 237k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 230k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

    6. #250
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      5,554
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      I blew out a Michelin x ice that was being run in august. The rubber compounds just can't handle the heat
      ^^^^This. Get WRG3 if you wanna run snows all year.

    7. #251
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476
      Not even sure when I'll be able to put the roof rails on with all this godforsaken rain, it's bad enough I need to put in the radio you gave me five years ago and still haven't even gotten around to that yet... and buffing and pulling the dents... tfw your project car is your DD.
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    8. #252
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      5,554
      Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      Not even sure when I'll be able to put the roof rails on with all this godforsaken rain, it's bad enough I need to put in the radio you gave me five years ago and still haven't even gotten around to that yet... and buffing and pulling the dents... tfw your project car is your DD.
      time to buy a DD

    9. #253
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      time to buy a DD
      LOL when I buy a house that sure as heck won't be an issue, till then if you wanna go to bat for me with my folks, be my guest. They'll probably listen to you more than they will listen to me
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    10. #254
      Member JaredR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      5,554
      Feel free to bring them by to see the madness at my house. Guaranteed to make them feel 1000x better about what you're up to.

      But seriously, just buy whatever for $500 and park it on the street. So what if a druggie hits it? Doesn't take selling many parts to turn a big enough profit to buy another one. Or park it around the corner where they can't see it and tell them you're riding your bike to work to save money or something .

    11. #255
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Feel free to bring them by to see the madness at my house. Guaranteed to make them feel 1000x better about what you're up to.

      But seriously, just buy whatever for $500 and park it on the street. So what if a druggie hits it? Doesn't take selling many parts to turn a big enough profit to buy another one. Or park it around the corner where they can't see it and tell them you're riding your bike to work to save money or something .
      LOL I'd have a better time hiding it at Kyle's -- Mom knows I'd have an MI riding my bike 20 miles on 228, can't fool her. I suppose what I could always do is just convince her to buy a Volvo too, she actually really liked driving the 855 home and she loved the '02 XC (I let her borrow it because it was the only vehicle with a functioning A/C)
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    12. #256
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476


      Lady who hit the '02 got arrested again 😂😂😂😂
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    13. #257
      Global Moderator R-Pow3R3d's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      4,227
      Class act.
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

    14. #258
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476
      Bro today has been the weirdest day, between missing out on Metallica and Carlisle, this was just the icing on the cake. I have court on the 8th next month to see what I can get from her and her husband which is already not looking like much, but now I'm pretty sure even if I get a judgment against her, I won't see a dime unless they levy her husband's wages. Directly after at 9PM she's got court with her former landlord. Who knows if she'll be able to even show.
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    15. #259
      Junior Member CYB3RBYTE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Milwaukee, WI
      Posts
      308
      Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      Bro today has been the weirdest day, between missing out on Metallica and Carlisle, this was just the icing on the cake. I have court on the 8th next month to see what I can get from her and her husband which is already not looking like much, but now I'm pretty sure even if I get a judgment against her, I won't see a dime unless they levy her husband's wages. Directly after at 9PM she's got court with her former landlord. Who knows if she'll be able to even show.
      As a 19 year old I'm glad I don't have to deal with court yet, except for my parents divorce. If you can somehow get 4k out of her you'll be set on repairs for your wagon for a long time I'd say.

      AS A 19 YEAR OLD I AM NO REPRESENTATION OF ACTUAL LEGAL COUNSEL AND AM ONLY A CHILD IN THE EYES OF MANY. ALL ADVICE IS SUBJECT TO BEING COMPLETE GIBERISH??
      In the Garage
      Xena / 2006 XC90 V8 AWD, Onyx + Oak / Video System / 151,6xx /
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / SC-816 / 97,6xx /

    16. #260
      Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      Bro today has been the weirdest day, between missing out on Metallica and Carlisle, this was just the icing on the cake. I have court on the 8th next month to see what I can get from her and her husband which is already not looking like much, but now I'm pretty sure even if I get a judgment against her, I won't see a dime unless they levy her husband's wages. Directly after at 9PM she's got court with her former landlord. Who knows if she'll be able to even show.
      Here are several guesses.

      1. This lady has a long list of debtors. So take a number....
      2. You better get yourself placed on the top of the list to get the slim pickings.
      3. This lady is a Class Act.... Is She a Crackhead? Saw a Shari Towers busted for Drugs?
      4. She'll get a slap on the wrist, and be free to ruin other people's day, in no time.

      5. Unless her husband is listed on the title of the car (owner) then you might have an uphill battle. You've got to tie him in somehow. Just cause they are married, isn't an automatic. If he and her owned car. +1. Then if he and her have joint assets +2. I.E. Shared Bank Accounts, House, etc. If not, you might be trying to get blood from a turnip.

    17. #261
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476
      The vehicle she was driving when she hit mine was in her husband's name exclusively, so I'm taking them both technically to court.
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    18. #262
      Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      The vehicle she was driving when she hit mine was in her husband's name exclusively, so I'm taking them both technically to court.
      There you go! Now let's hope there is a pot to piss in between the two of them. This lady sounds like a prized catch.....Such a prize, he should have thrown her back immediately.

    19. #263
      Junior Member CYB3RBYTE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Milwaukee, WI
      Posts
      308
      "He should have thrown her back immediately" ~ calls 911 for 3rd degree burnnnnn
      In the Garage
      Xena / 2006 XC90 V8 AWD, Onyx + Oak / Video System / 151,6xx /
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / SC-816 / 97,6xx /

    20. #264
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476
      Alright, so I'm terrified of goofing up when I attach the roof racks lest I over torque the screws or do something stupid, who can help me do this / watch me do this in the somewhat near future so I can have my backseat again lmfao, it's my first time

      Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      There you go! Now let's hope there is a pot to piss in between the two of them. This lady sounds like a prized catch.....Such a prize, he should have thrown her back immediately.
      Quote Originally Posted by CYB3RBYTE View Post
      "He should have thrown her back immediately" ~ calls 911 for 3rd degree burnnnnn
      Hahahaha I don't wish any ill will on anyone ever, but I hope for the sake of many others that she's taken off the road somewhat swiftly lest what happened to me happens to someone else, or heaven forbid she kills someone jacked up on xannies. She's just a menace and either the courts will eventually deal with her or she'll get smart and stop being a deviant (though that's unlikely). That being said, I don't know what goes through men's heads when they choose to embark on a life commitment with a woman who clearly never had her head on straight to begin with -- I don't know when they got married or who she was prior to the nuptials, but, eh. Maybe they're similar in living standards, maybe she's taken a turn for the worse, maybe she's just going through a bad patch. Not my issue, but I can't imagine being tied down to someone who periodically wrecks cars, can't pay a damn bill and walks around like a zombie. I dunno. I was raised differently -- have pride in yourself, have pride in the partner you choose, they're a reflection of you and your interests, right? #andican'tevengetatextback but this chick runs wild, wrecks her man's car and spends their rent money on pills. She must be REALLY good in bed
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; Today at 12:40 PM.
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    21. #265
      Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      4,220
      Eddie Murphy comes to mind with one of his stand up routines. "There better be sparks flyin' out of that thing!"
      Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      Hahahaha I don't wish any ill will on anyone ever, but I hope for the sake of many others that she's taken off the road somewhat swiftly lest what happened to me happens to someone else, or heaven forbid she kills someone jacked up on xannies. She's just a menace and either the courts will eventually deal with her or she'll get smart and stop being a deviant (though that's unlikely). That being said, I don't know what goes through men's heads when they choose to embark on a life commitment with a woman who clearly never had her head on straight to begin with -- I don't know when they got married or who she was prior to the nuptials, but, eh. Maybe they're similar in living standards, maybe she's taken a turn for the worse, maybe she's just going through a bad patch. Not my issue, but I can't imagine being tied down to someone who periodically wrecks cars, can't pay a damn bill and walks around like a zombie. I dunno. I was raised differently -- have pride in yourself, have pride in the partner you choose, they're a reflection of you and your interests, right? #andican'tevengetatextback but this chick runs wild, wrecks her man's car and spends their rent money on pills. She must be REALLY good in bed
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

    22. #266
      Junior Member r0x4nn3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Eddie Murphy comes to mind with one of his stand up routines. "There better be sparks flyin' out of that thing!"
      As superficial and offensive as it sounds to say, I say that only because I just can't understand what she brings to the table -- they have kids together. I'm mystified.
      I mean everyone has flaws, heck, I hope there's someone out there for me who likes my Volvos, doesn't mind my busy work schedule and can put up with me being hungry 24/7.
      vaporwave and volvos
      Join the fun!:1996 855 Turbo - Polar White/Dark Gray, 151k (est.)

      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne (228k)
      1999 V70 XC AWD "Stacy" - Silver

    23. #267
      Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      4,220
      LOL!
      Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      As superficial and offensive as it sounds to say, I say that only because I just can't understand what she brings to the table -- they have kids together. I'm mystified.
      I mean everyone has flaws, heck, I hope there's someone out there for me who likes my Volvos, doesn't mind my busy work schedule and can put up with me being hungry 24/7.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

    24. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8