Miss Roxanne's Highly Anticipated and Turbotastic Polar White 1996 850 Turbo Sexy-Time Progression Comeback Fun Thread! - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      I never put any political stuff on my cars.

As for Bernie, his sticker is neutral because everyone feels bad about what happened.

There's people out there that take that stuff very seriously and will damage your car which is why I don't openly display anything except funny stuff or Volvo stuff. The T-Rex chasing the stick figure family on the back of my P3 is about as "edgy" as i get.
      ^^ exactly. And that's why there will probably never be another political sticker I feel comfortable running on any of my cars. Furthermore, I doubt there will ever be another political sticker that fits so perfectly into my collection of sleeper stickers. A "Make America Great Again" sticker tells me that you are probably not interested in hypermiling........so definitely not a "sleeper sticker" lol.

Even a Volvo themed sticker could be pretty "edgy" in the wrong crowd. Go somewhere where everybody's got a truck with a lift kit and that would be pretty iffy I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      Plus, why ruin a perfectly good car with stupid political stickers? Never mind that they will be out of date within 4 years.
      That's what your back window is for......I'm sure you guys have seen the back window of Barry's old Emerald R, right? Same thing I'm doing, except with bigger stickers and definitely controversial if he ever took a road trip lol. And even then, I still tape them to the inside with scotch tape except the ones that are meant to go inside the window that are removable in the first place. I can switch it up any time I want

Wrecked 2000 by barry_blesi, on Flickr
      Last edited by JaredR; 03-16-2017 at 03:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've always been "meh" about bumper stickers, I mean, if you want to boast a passionate cause, go right ahead, but sometimes, the back of your vehicle isn't the place to do it:

Oh, the weirdness in my quaint, little town.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      I don't want to get keyed lol......that'll fly down south where you are but probably isn't the best choice for Boston.
      My friend from NoVA can't believe my car hasn't been torched and keyed...it's all good here.
      2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      1996 Polar White/Charcoal 854R
      Former: 1996 Bright Red 855R, 2003 Silver V70 T5, 2012 Black Sapphire C30 T5 R-Design 6MT P*

Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      I've always been "meh" about bumper stickers, I mean, if you want to boast a passionate cause, go right ahead, but sometimes, the back of your vehicle isn't the place to do it:

I'm surprised I've never seen that one lol. Must be too busy keeping my eyes open for the duo of V70 SEs that are roaming the streets here.

But I still have my stickers there far more to make people think I'm going to drive slowly than to advertise any particular cause. I don't think bumper stickers convince anyone of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
      My friend from NoVA can't believe my car hasn't been torched and keyed...it's all good here.
      Massachusetts is a blue state, man! And even HERE, Bernie got the cold shoulder! I prefer to keep quiet on those matters, unless, of course, I have a Heady Topper in my hand. It's tough to get me to open up about politics now. I'm burnt out.

That's what your back window is for......I'm sure you guys have seen the back window of Barry's old Emerald R, right? Same thing I'm doing, except with bigger stickers and definitely controversial if he ever took a road trip lol. And even then, I still tape them to the inside with scotch tape except the ones that are meant to go inside the window that are removable in the first place. I can switch it up any time I want
      Umm, I can say with 150,000% confidence that is not what a back window is for. LOL If the back was for stickers, they'd have skipped forcing glass into the metal body.
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      Umm, I can say with 150,000% confidence that is not what a back window is for. LOL If the back was for stickers, they'd have skipped forcing glass into the metal body.
      Fair point, but you don't need all of the glass that's back there. Like I'm definitely not going to cover the whole thing with stickers......or even as much of it as Barry did LOL.

Is that decal made for a sedan and if so where can I find it?
      1995 Volvo 850 Turbo currently running R ECU, Voght springs, Bilstien HDs, K&N intake, and looking to do more
      2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 6.2 No need to modify but give me time
      2009 Suzuki GSXR 1000 haha blink and I'm gone
      2008 BMW 750Li exhaust mods coming

Speaking of stickers, you guys see this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADE-BY-SWED...3D262897203065

They look like the real deal
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 237k - The Daily
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 230k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

That's just to much! This mother is way out there. You right there is some weirdness going on up north.
      2006 Sonic V70R GT 132k, 2013 XC90 R Design Electric Silver 30K (The Wife's), 2015 Silverado High Country 1500 4WD Ruby Metallic 35k

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post

I'd like to think that the entire country of Sweden manufactured my vehicle.

BTW guys Jared and I exchanged radios (my 811 for his 815). I keep promising pics of the interior, sorry I haven't gotten to that, I've gotta clean out my phone tonight ASAP and I'll show you what I'm working with. The goal is to replace that lame new stereo. PS Jared I'll give you the cards to the stereo today.

Quote Originally Posted by maronha View Post
      That's just to much! This mother is way out there. You right there is some weirdness going on up north.
      I forgot to mention this lady had a license plate titled "NOCIRC". Massachusetts is... just another world on its own. Someday I'll be living in a nice ol' cottage in Vermont with slightly more normal surroundings.
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 03-17-2017 at 07:23 AM.

I'm liking that badge, something you don't see

Finally these show up somewhere! I might have to grab a couple.

I'd like a nice Armenian flag, but not too many people even know what country it belongs to when they see it....

I'd like a nice Armenian flag, but not too many people even know what country it belongs to when they see it....
      You should. Be proud of your heritage. I have the typical american mix of four different nationalities, so no real big-time long-term cultural heritage. It kind of bums me out.

As for decals and stickers, I just have one - a big VOLVO windshield banner that I got on eBay. I bought a silver text / black background from a Hong Kong seller, but for a white car I'd get the White/Blue: http://m.ebay.com/itm/53-VOLVO-Winds...-/191765242086

This is how big it is: http://www.k-jet.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/850.jpg

Hey guys, I managed to dig up my ancient point-and-shoot, a Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS, felt like seeing if it held up in terms of picture quality 7 years after purchase. I could only take a few before the battery ceased, I thought I charged it last night but obviously not well enough. I'm at work, so I wanted to get a few shots of the interior, and some issues with the exterior and baaawdy:

All her glory! Note not only the scratches on the bumper there which I plan to take care of (aesthetics are important) as well as my ravaged license plate. I'm tempted to do a vanity plate very soon and swap these in. Sadly these have been with me since the '99 XC and as you can imagine, I have a hard time letting go. Also, the broken headlight wipers... I need those too.

This, uh, took me a while to un-bend, lol. I'm glad the bumper is actually intact, the paint might take a bit, gonna have to call in a favor from ol' Dad.

The back looks relatively nice though.

Mostly intact leather! Driver's seat is a little rough looking, can I do anything about that?

My flash decided to go off for this photo, I think I left auto-flash on. Sorry for the mess! The radio in the middle is the 815 Jared traded me, and what I'll be installing instead of that weirdly uncomfortable looking and bright radio that was installed by the owner instead of the original 811.

Remind me to get a shorter aux cord, lol

The back is kinda clean.

Another pic of the backseat and the weird third row cushion he gave me, do not want, it just takes up space that I don't have. -_-

Also, yesterday I went to go get an inspection and the dude told me I would fail because he could "hear a muffler leak". My mechanic laughed and basically said he was on crack and I had to go elsewhere to get it done. Anybody in MA know of inspection sticker places that actually know Volvos and won't attempt to screw you into spending money on a problem you don't actually have?

PS: Brakes work nice, had to slam on 'em yesterday when some drunk ran in the road with his shirt off. I was pissed, but happy that I didn't have to commit vehicular manslaughter.
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 03-18-2017 at 07:44 AM.

If you think the stock brakes are good, 302's will impress you even more

https://re-volvparts.com/store/home/...0-v70-c70.html

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...t-discs-272276

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...-steel-9191400

Are your other wheels the stock columbas?

Heddy topper in my hand if you come to Carlisle? I haven't had one since December when a family friend came back from Vermont.
      Massachusetts is a blue state, man! And even HERE, Bernie got the cold shoulder! I prefer to keep quiet on those matters, unless, of course, I have a Heady Topper in my hand. It's tough to get me to open up about politics now. I'm burnt out.
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

We had shirtless drunks downtown yesterday too. At EIGHT am.
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Heddy topper in my hand if you come to Carlisle? I haven't had one since December when a family friend came back from Vermont.
      As much as I'd love to see if I can make it to PA I doubt I can make any trips right now but if I acquire a few packs of HT at some point, whether or not I can make it to VT or have a friend go, I'll be darn sure to PM you for shipping!

How far away do you have to go to get these? They're gold here in D.C.!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      How far away do you have to go to get these? They're gold here in D.C.!
      As far as I know everyone I know takes trips to the Burlington or Montpelier area for it -- their stuff ships to quite a few stores in that region, but anywhere else is a no-go. I would jump for joy to see them ship to MA or at LEAST the Greater NH area.

https://alchemistbeer.com/buy/

I wish I could just have some shipped to my house direct I mean, if I ever feel like blowing dough and sharing some with a friend, I can go on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...opper&_sacat=0
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 03-18-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Dad's coming by today! I'll ask him if he has a soldering gun (he usually does) to see if we can install the 815, and I'll let him take a spin in it.

Well, if you're gonna be painting bumpers, wanna put an R bumper on it? I still have the one off my red/tan R if you're interested, although it does need some repair. This does put you on the slippery slope towards wanting 17" wheels, though.....

If you think the stock brakes are good, 302's will impress you even more

https://re-volvparts.com/store/home/...0-v70-c70.html

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...t-discs-272276

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...-steel-9191400

Are your other wheels the stock columbas?
      +1 on that. But the summers are on Columbias so that would need to be addressed.

Why are those Zimmermann discs on clearance and unbelievably cheap? Should we be stocking up?

Well, if you're gonna be painting bumpers, wanna put an R bumper on it? I still have the one off my red/tan R if you're interested, although it does need some repair. This does put you on the slippery slope towards wanting 17" wheels, though.....

+1 on that. But the summers are on Columbias so that would need to be addressed.

Why are those Zimmermann discs on clearance and unbelievably cheap? Should we be stocking up?
      I am stocking up. They're the best rotors....

I am stocking up. They're the best rotors....
      Guess I better add some extras to my cart........

Your car looks great. I would recommend a junkyard for the headlight wipers though JaredR has mentioned in the past that it is getting harder to find P80 parts in the local yards. While you're working on that you will need to track down the rubber hoses that carry washer fluid to the headlights. Frankly, before you do all that should probably check to see if the headlight wiper motors still work.

You can try some leather conditioner like Lexol, Leatherique or some other product (everyone has their favorites) to prevent further cracking of the leather.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Probably makes more sense to just delete the headlight wipers. I mean if you're already painting stuff.........not much more work to paint up some headlight trim pieces without the holes. Heck you may even be able to find some white ones somewhere.

In the meantime, you can take the nut off to take off the broken ends of what's left of the wiper arms if you don't want to look at broken stuff.

The beat up plates add character; I'd keep them.
      Last edited by JaredR; 03-18-2017 at 02:57 PM.

I think my next course of action honestly might just be to get the struts and shocks done to make it a smoother ride.

LOL, so not only do I gotta start planning out the strut/shock thing:

Son of a...! It threw a check engine light tonight. Bummer.

Got a OBDII scanner?

It's most likely for something stupid that doesn't matter if there is no change in how it is running. Been using any boost lately? What fuel?

Got a OBDII scanner?

It's most likely for something stupid that doesn't matter if there is no change in how it is running. Been using any boost lately? What fuel?
      Right, I'm not terribly concerned about it, as long as it doesn't feel any different when I drive it. I'll go get it scanned but I was just annoyed because It's only been in my possession about a week. It's running 93. It happened after I had a brief hiccup starting it.

get a obd scanner.....you can get one for like $15 and then you don't have to listen to someone else's spin on what's wrong.

get a obd scanner.....you can get one for like $15 and then you don't have to listen to someone else's spin on what's wrong.
      I went shopping for one last week on eBay and left it in my cart because I can't decide on one and I'm low on cash until the end of the month. What's the brand you use?

I'm not sure which one we have. I can check tonight if you want.

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast