in it for the longer haul...
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

in it for the longer haul...

just spent >$2000 in maintenance/repairs so definitely keeping this 2008 C70 for another 2-3 years.

- timing belt (including tensioners, water pump)
      - auxillary belts
      - cam seals (there was a small leak)
      - coolant flush
      - brake fluid flush
      - passenger side engine mount (not leaking yet but i had already bought it and they were in there already)
      - radiator fan --> reason for a CEL/engine service required light

radiator fan was unexpected but the rest was regular maintenance. fingers crossed no issues with the top for the next 2-3 years!

next up: new set of tires. conti dws and hankook ventus have both been great alternatives over the stock michelin mxm. will be putting on a set of nokia zline in 235/45/18 later this week. bent a rim a couple of months ago so am doing the 45 profile instead of 40 for added rim protection. glad i picked up a backup midir on ebay a few years back. love driving with new summer tires!
      Last edited by jschinito; 03-14-2017 at 07:04 PM.
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I bought a 2008 myself just over a year ago. The 2 issues were a ceiling that detached from its clips and sagged down. That needed to be fixed and the dealer performed that with help from some new type adhesive. Also I needed two new headlight assemblies (the whole banana) because the wiring inside was junk with all the insulation cracked and falling off leaving bare wires all over and wireing harnesses cannot be ordered by themselves. Besides that, the car mechanically is a freight train so far and the Polestar upgrade makes it even more so. Very pleased.

Same here on my '08.

Was hit last year....got other things taken care of while it was in the body shop. Replaced the factory wheels that have been repaired one too many many times, new tires, brake job, plugs and rear shocks next. On a winter warm day recently someone spotted me with the top down....thought I got a new car.

Did the Polestar upgraded a couple of years ago when they ran a good promo. Made some recent updates to the electronics/added backup camera. Feels more modern now.

No reason to not go a few more years with it.

Now if I can just bring myself to get my $1000 deposit back on that Tesla Model 3. LOL.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Can you tell me what backup camera you installed and how you installed the camera and display?

we have the deposit on the tesla 3 also! it will replace the wife's 2008 prius.... although maybe if she's patient enough she can get a volvo:
      http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...lectric-model/

Quote Originally Posted by ricksli View Post
      Same here on my '08.

Was hit last year....got other things taken care of while it was in the body shop. Replaced the factory wheels that have been repaired one too many many times, new tires, brake job, plugs and rear shocks next. On a winter warm day recently someone spotted me with the top down....thought I got a new car.

Did the Polestar upgraded a couple of years ago when they ran a good promo. Made some recent updates to the electronics/added backup camera. Feels more modern now.

No reason to not go a few more years with it.

Now if I can just bring myself to get my $1000 deposit back on that Tesla Model 3. LOL.
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

Quote Originally Posted by JLDSystems View Post
      Can you tell me what backup camera you installed and how you installed the camera and display?
      See my Volvotech VBB4 thread.

Looks nice! I'm still on the fence about the Tesla. Love my convertible...don't know if I'm ready to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jschinito View Post
      we have the deposit on the tesla 3 also! it will replace the wife's 2008 prius.... although maybe if she's patient enough she can get a volvo:
      http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...lectric-model/

Quote Originally Posted by ricksli View Post
      See my Volvotech VBB4 thread.
      it's awesome and perfect.

unfortunately i don't have the nav screen on my c70. oh well, it's what makes it that much more special to me :-)

I'm getting ready to do my timing belt too! I certainly plan on keeping this car a while.

I think with proper routine maintenance and upkeep, I see no reason these cars can't last as long as their counterparts!

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements