XC90 transmission
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Junior Member Magnus Cars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Wasington D.C.
      Posts
      85

      XC90 transmission

      I have 3 questions.

      1: How much power can the XC90 V8 Tranmissions take?

      2: Would it not be impossible to put the XC60 turbo in my XC90?

      3: How much WHP does the V8s make?


      Thanks
      2011 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD Executive. Electric Silver, It's Bone STOCK!!!!

      2011 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription. Electric Silver, Bone STOCK Too!!!!

      My Photography Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/scovphotography/

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member V50R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      Rochester Hills MI
      Posts
      759
      I think the following.
      1. They say its rated for 325lb.ft of torque.
      2. By the Turbo do you mean the T6 or the T5? If so the XC90 did come wiht a 2.5L T5 so a swap can be possible. Not sure if the P3 will swap into P2 electronics wise though.
      3. General rule of thumb 18-20% Drivetrain loss... so 311hp (20% loss) = 248AWHP.
      2006 V50 T5 AWD AW55, 320mm FR Brake upgrade, Elevate Intake, OBX Exhaust.
      2010 XC90 V8 Executive Latest Addition.
      2008 XC90 V8 Executive Edition, w/Muffler Delete.
      2005 XC90 V8 Black, VB replaced, S60R Brake Swaped
      2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6spd. Malone S2 tuned 200hp/350tq.

    4. #3
      Junior Member Magnus Cars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Wasington D.C.
      Posts
      85
      Quote Originally Posted by V50R View Post
      I think the following.
      1. They say its rated for 325lb.ft of torque.
      2. By the Turbo do you mean the T6 or the T5? If so the XC90 did come wiht a 2.5L T5 so a swap can be possible. Not sure if the P3 will swap into P2 electronics wise though.
      3. General rule of thumb 18-20% Drivetrain loss... so 311hp (20% loss) = 248AWHP.

      Thanks, but most cars I thought could have more power(Because my friend have a ls swapped 944 and hes running 400 whp and thats all the trans can take.)
      2011 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD Executive. Electric Silver, It's Bone STOCK!!!!

      2011 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription. Electric Silver, Bone STOCK Too!!!!

      My Photography Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/scovphotography/

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      While this isn't an xc90, it should be fairly close. http://rototest-research.eu/popup/pe...p?ChartsID=622
      2010 s80 v8 magic blue

    7. #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Cars View Post
      Thanks, but most cars I thought could have more power(Because my friend have a ls swapped 944 and hes running 400 whp and thats all the trans can take.)
      Transmission torque handling varies, especially automatics some stock manual Getrag BMW transmissions can handle a ton of torque - I've seen e36's with 500 RWHP and the stock 5 speed, they are tough ... can't say the same for the XC90 V8 tranny, it's right at its peak torque handling and is known to be a weak link in the XC90 drive train

    8. #6
      Junior Member V50R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      Rochester Hills MI
      Posts
      759
      Quote Originally Posted by 10v8 View Post
      While this isn't an xc90, it should be fairly close. http://rototest-research.eu/popup/pe...p?ChartsID=622

      So according to this article, the XC90 V8 makes around 269hp and 287lb.ft of torque.
      If we go back and calculate that it appears that the engine makes around 333hp not 311.... HA! SHOCKER!
      http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php
      2006 V50 T5 AWD AW55, 320mm FR Brake upgrade, Elevate Intake, OBX Exhaust.
      2010 XC90 V8 Executive Latest Addition.
      2008 XC90 V8 Executive Edition, w/Muffler Delete.
      2005 XC90 V8 Black, VB replaced, S60R Brake Swaped
      2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6spd. Malone S2 tuned 200hp/350tq.

    9. #7
      Junior Member Magnus Cars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Wasington D.C.
      Posts
      85
      Quote Originally Posted by V50R View Post
      So according to this article, the XC90 V8 makes around 269hp and 287lb.ft of torque.
      If we go back and calculate that it appears that the engine makes around 333hp not 311.... HA! SHOCKER!
      http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php
      Another car that has lied about its power lol
      2011 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD Executive. Electric Silver, It's Bone STOCK!!!!

      2011 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription. Electric Silver, Bone STOCK Too!!!!

      My Photography Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/scovphotography/

    10. #8
      Junior Member Jersey John's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      104
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Cars View Post
      I have 3 questions.

      1: How much power can the XC90 V8 Tranmissions take?

      2: Would it not be impossible to put the XC60 turbo in my XC90?

      3: How much WHP does the V8s make?


      Thanks
      I've asked the same question to Volvo techs and one answer I got was that the engine wouldn't fit in the compartment. Even though the trans is the same and the block is the same as the 3.2, I was told the turbo engine wouldn't fit.

      I wanted to know because I ended up replacing the engine in my 3.2 due to a mysterious oil consumption issue.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      If winning isn't everything, then why keep score?

    11. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements