Is a major Sensus update imminent? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
      Had my XC90 T8 R-Design into the dealers to have my 'red key' installed.
      Whilst there I had a 'grumble' at the service agent about my general dissatisfaction with the Sensus system and gave him my current list of issues with the car. The service agent told me that Volvo UK have them that the XC90's will be recalled in the next month or so to have a major 'upgrade' installed. He assured me that the items on my list would be addressed by that upgrade. Time will tell I gues.
      I love my local dealer. I can moan at them and they will get something done with a smile. I asked them about this, and they said there is an update but they're not sure when.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      I think this is unlikely. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but rather manage expectations. I think someone else had gotten a response from Volvo that this is done to be compliant with advertised fuel economy ratings. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong. It's like the whole stop/start thing - it's probably on by default for the same reasoning.

Now what they can and should do is prioritize the drive mode selector to not get slowed down while Sensus is still booting things up and modify its interface so that it doesn't stay on the screen as long as it does especially considering that it cannot be dismissed by the home button like every other screen in Sensus (they should also make it dismissable.) Also, every model should show the currently selected drive mode in the driver display like on the T8.
      If it's for fuel economy ratings, then at least let the steering wheel force and suspension stick. That would be a vast improvement.

And I agree with your suggestion to make it so the drive selector doesn't stay on the screen as long as it does. It doesn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by carz View Post
      As far as you have cell phone connectivity, VOC should work, because it will connect to the systems/call center in your home country (paying roaming fees, but that is another story).
      This is exactly what is confusing me. Somewhere I was reading that in Europe VOC is using Sim card with Swedish number. So it should be roaming everywhere.
      But on the other hand, when I was ordering the car I had the option to pick it up from Sweden but in that case VOC would not be possible since it needs to be installed and activated by local dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by martinP View Post
      This is exactly what is confusing me. Somewhere I was reading that in Europe VOC is using Sim card with Swedish number. So it should be roaming everywhere.
      But on the other hand, when I was ordering the car I had the option to pick it up from Sweden but in that case VOC would not be possible since it needs to be installed and activated by local dealer.
      US Spec vehicles don't have access to VOC at all in Europe with no way to activate it. It would be nice if there was a way to keep it from telling me my subscription is expired every time I started the car even though I've never had a subscription to begin with.
      17 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription P*
      15 BMW 328d xDrive Sports Wagon M Sport
      15 Audi SQ5 Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      US Spec vehicles don't have access to VOC at all in Europe with no way to activate it. It would be nice if there was a way to keep it from telling me my subscription is expired every time I started the car even though I've never had a subscription to begin with.
      That would make sense since US spec would use US sim card. But here in Europe the situation would be different and I believe it would not make sense to use local SIM card for each country.

And I agree there should be better way how to inform you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3