Feeler: The WanderWagen - blown reverse gear, tons of mods w/ receipts - $1800 NEG.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Feeler: The WanderWagen - blown reverse gear, tons of mods w/ receipts - $1800 NEG.

[B][COLOR="#FFA07A"]UPDATE 3/25/17: Bump. See part out thread. Lots of stuff cheap, help me fund my new P2 purchase/"project"

UPDATE 3/21/17: Bump. Pre drop if anyone is interested. I am willing to take $1100, absolute bottom dollar, no less. Gotta go! Theres at least $900 worth of aftermarket parts on the car, part it out and sell the shell to the scrapyard for $300 and you come out ahead!

The mods alone are worth that much I feel. And at this point I'm best to cut my losses and buy another vehicle (even the local tranny shop told me "buy another car, its not worth fixing" without even looking at the car smh)

I did pull the dipstick and the oil looks/smells burnt on one side of the stick, but is still for the most part dark red. You MAY be able to do a drain and fill and save this tranny, but I'm not willing to roll the dice and spend another $100 for materials to do it. I'm moving in a few months and planning to drive for Uber/Lyft when I get there, so I have to buy a newer vehicle.

Just a quick recap of mod parts on the car (The good stuff):

OBX 3" catted turboback exhaust
      16T turbo
      IPD "50th anniversary" strut tower bar
      Snabb intake pipe
      ARD TCV
      IPD lowering springs
      Koni Yellows all around
      4 tires @ 8/32"+
      ProParts Poly upper/lower torque mounts
      V70 roof rails/crossbars
      Big 'ole box of random parts (switches, R fog light gaskets, OEM airbox, etc)

Hey guys, it looks like Winter Storm Stella had her way with the WanderWagen...Reverse dropped out on Tuesday and I've pretty much hit my wall financially with this car. Gauging interest as a parts car to the right person, would prefer to sell as a whole.

Shes a 1995 850T Wagon. Current miles around 250k-260k. Black with tan interior. Seats a bit rough up front, rear seat bottom is out and gone. Paint cleans up to a 8.5/10 with claybar/wash/wax and with a DA orbital and the right cut compound could come back to a 9.5/10. There are a few dings here and there in the body, its a 22 year old car after all...

She's definitely worth fixing I feel, but given all the work and $$$ I've put in and the miles I've put on her the last year, I think its time to step up to something else and move into an XC70/90 P2. She's certainly left lots of smiles on my face in the past year. She'd be a great candidate for a swap, and with a tune and some elbow grease on the interior, you'd have a great car.

Engine is strong, burns very little oil (1.5-2 qts max between 5k OCIs if you do a lot of stop and go driving). Just had her up to Maine last weekend and back, averaging 27.4 MPG highway at 75mph, featherfooting the turbo and riding the hills.

TONS of new parts in the past year, all sorts of Snabb/ARD/IPD/Hella goodies, definitely worth my proposed asking price I feel, but I am open to a bit of negotiation.

Car still has forward gears, and oddly enough they feel more solid than ever for a 250k+ mile car. Reverse still works, but not well. It will engage but doesn't move the car until the RPM's are up around 2500-3k, and then it starts to crawl slowly backwards.

Located in/around Kutztown PA and available to be seen anytime. Any questions, feel free to PM me. A list of what has been done can be seen in my build thread (linked below in my signature)

Thanks guys!

Edit to add pics

First wash and wax, pre V70 tail lamps:

Carpet/sound deadening install (car came without interior from previous owner due to mold living on Oregon coast and leaky sunroof, now fixed)

Most recent wash/wax/plastic bumper trim restored (post v70 tail lamps). You can see that the car is lowered on IPD springs and koni yellow's in the one pic, based on the rear wheel tuck.

Most recent under the hood shot (started detailing/dress up for PCV system/big bore intake swap)

Current dress up project to finish (will match TB linkage cover with black/silver/red lettering)

Last edited by 95WanderWagen; 03-24-2017 at 11:53 PM.
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

Project: WanderWagen Reborn

If only Volvo would have included a check wallet light in the cluster...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looking for a quick sale honestly, I have an 05 XC90 with 145k miles on it that I'm eyeballing about 2 hours away and I don't want to miss the opportunity. Shoot me a number, the worse that can happen is I say no and counteroffer. Or show up with cash and take it for a small stack. Engine wise I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car across the country and back (its already made 2 round trips from PA to Oregon), and honestly even with the transmission issue I'd consider driving it if absolutely necessary.

Brand new (within last 2500 mile) Snabb intake kit, bosch cap/rotor, too much to list.

Also including a COMPLETE N/A throttle body swap setup, complete with Snabb adjustable linkage and phenolic spacers, with complete PCV kit. All painted in high temp 2000* paint and topcoated with high temp gloss black 500* paint.

$$$$$ talks, First person to put a fair amount of cash in my hands can drive it away and be all set for a manual swap.
      Last edited by 95WanderWagen; 03-16-2017 at 02:08 PM.
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

I'M sorry = but What is the Wonder wagon? Is it a 240? 740? 960 ? 850 ? v70?
      OK - ( i found your ' project link" to another forum with no pictures = that it is a 95 850, purchased last year and a bunch put intoit.. (old car woes)

What color is it?
      Was it the Auto Tranny that dropped reverse?

Post up some real details of your broken car.. people can then decide if its for them or not.

Make , Model , Year , Mileage . and Photo's
      but a tranny replacement might make it a parts car... Goodluck

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

1995 850T Wagon. Current miles around 250k-260k. Black with tan interior. Seats a bit rough up front, rear seat bottom is out and gone. Paint cleans up to a 8.5/10 with claybar/wash/wax and with a DA orbital and the right cut compound could come back to a 9.5/10. There are a few dings here and there in the body, its a 22 year old car after all...

Even as a parts car, given what aftermarket stuff is on there, its still worth a fair bit IMHO. And even with the auto tranny reverse issue, its still worth it IMHO as not only a parts car but a good candidate for a manual swap. For someone that is more mechanically inclined and willing to do the work, it would make a great car. I just dont have the time, funds, ability (both in place to work and physically), or desire to do it anymore.

Pics I have, I need to upload them to the build thread. or I can email them, whichever is preferred.

I'm open to offers...But given what I have in the car, I will NOT give it away.
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

$1.37

Is exactly what this car is worth without pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyR View Post
      $1.37

Is exactly what this car is worth without pictures.
      Think your decimal point is off by 3 places to the left....The Snabb intake alone is worth 100x that

I get some pics posted up shortly. I didn't post them honestly because I'm trying to gauge interest more than anything, and if there is any interest I am always free to meet up to show the car in person... I don't have to sell necessarily, but it would make things easier. I could always keep it and transfer parts over to another 850 instead, but I'm trying to buy something newer that I can use to either A) drive for uber/lyft in my spare time or B) not have to constantly worry about fixing all the time.
      Last edited by 95WanderWagen; 03-16-2017 at 10:55 PM.
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

Pics incoming, waiting on the email to go thru. Will post by morning. Also, if there is any interest, see my FS thread for my PCV/Big Bore intake kit full of Snabb goodies (and Snabb intake pipe)
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

Pics up. More available on request. Ask and you shall receive
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

Bump. If anyone is interested, first person to show up with $1500 cash its yours. Even as a parts car you get your moneys worth at that price (considering the 16T turbo, koni yellows, IPD springs, IPD 50th anniversary strut bar, 4 new tires, etc...). Manual swap it or rebuild the turbo with a billet 19T wheel and mod your current T5/R. I need this gone! Every day it sits here I lose money not working and I need to go find another vehicle.

I CANNOT part this out, due to my living arrangements. It must sell as a whole. Someone has to have a use for the ole gal, she been a labor of love the past year and sad to say she was almost finished
      Last edited by 95WanderWagen; 03-17-2017 at 10:57 AM.
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

Bump. Pre drop if anyone is interested. I am willing to take $1300, absolute bottom dollar, no less.

The mods alone are worth that much I feel. And at this point I'm best to cut my losses and buy another vehicle (even the local tranny shop told me "buy another car" smh)

I did pull the dipstick and the oil looks/smells burnt on one side of the stick, but is still for the most part dark red. You MAY be able to do a drain and fill and save this tranny, but I'm not willing to roll the dice and spend another $100 for materials to do it. I'm moving in a few months and planning to drive for Uber/Lyft when I get there, so I have to buy a newer vehicle.

Just a quick recap of mod parts on the car (The good stuff):

OBX 3" catted turboback exhaust
      16T turbo
      IPD "50th anniversary" strut tower bar
      Snabb intake pipe
      ARD TCV
      IPD lowering springs
      Koni Yellows all around
      4 tires @ 8/32"+
      ProParts Poly upper/lower torque mounts
      V70 roof rails/crossbars
      Big 'ole box of random parts (switches, R fog light gaskets, OEM airbox, etc)
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

Bump. No interest at all?

If it doesn't go soon, I'll pull the mods off and scrap it with the local boneyard. Would prefer to sell to another enthusiast before that option though, hate to see all the fruits of my labor go to waste :/
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

TTT
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

UPUPUP PRICE DROP! $1100 last offer! Come get it!
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

Bump. See part out thread
      PARTS WANTED 2/2017

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements