Steering fluid
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Steering fluid

Steering fluid

2013 S60. Power steering fluid low. I have no access to a dealership, but need to top fluid up. What is fully compatible that I can purchase in a parts store ? I will be near a dealership in 5 days, but need to top it up NOW.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

From the manual: Power steering fluid WSS M2C204-A2 or equivalent product

Not sure if that helps?
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers
      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 - (former) | 2005 V50 T5 AWD (former)

Where and why is it leaking? that's a pretty new car for leaks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Believe Pentosin CHF11 will work. In CT it is sold in Auto Zone and Advanced.

It goes to the Dealer on Tuesday...under warranty. I just don't want to let it run low until then. Have no idea why it's leaking...it's 20 degrees and ****ty out...too cold to crawl under.

Ours was low once. Not sure why. No leaks. Top up and monitor before making a trek to the dealer.
      2013 S60 T5 AWD, 100,000+ miles, Premier Plus, Beechwood Leather, Climate, BLIS, NJORD Rims Caspian Blue Metallic, Pirelli P7 Cinturato Plus
      Previous: 2009 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T & 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Mine was low and a leak was found. New steering rack under warranty. Level has been right in the succeeding years.

I recently drained and filled with Pentosin CHF202. In NH, O'Reilly has it but in some stores, they keep it out back and you need to ask for it.

The CHF202, I believe, satisfies the "lifetime" requirement of the fluid if you buy into that.

Den

You can use the prestone fluid. Use the one specified for European vehicles. No need for the expensive pentosin stuff. I only use pentosin for brake fluid because of its higher boiling point and DOT 4 certification.
      I dislike wagons, and don't particularly care for Volvo's in general. I'm not a fan of any one brand.

Currently trying to pilot the fastest P3 S60.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements