2014 s60 t6 r design
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2014 s60 t6 r design

so we are going to need new tires need your guys thoughts and opinions the wife drives the car alot to work but i do take trips to N/C 2 times a year so thats 2000 miles right their !! curious to what guys have to say about this ??? 235/45/18

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Do You have a separate set of winter tires and rims? What are you looking for in a tire? Grip? Quietness on the highway? Maybe more information could help us give you recommendations.

I need all seasons and I am considering Pirelli P Zero AS Plus which Pirelli is subsidizing right now. Going to talk to my tire guy this weekend.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
      Do You have a separate set of winter tires and rims? What are you looking for in a tire? Grip? Quietness on the highway? Maybe more information could help us give you recommendations.
      no i do not have another set of rims ......like to have have grip !! i drive about 85 mph sometimes faster so not to loud ....

Quote Originally Posted by s60mike View Post
      I need all seasons and I am considering Pirelli P Zero AS Plus which Pirelli is subsidizing right now. Going to talk to my tire guy this weekend.
      look forward to hearing ..... im sure tires have changed some in the last 2 years

As long as you don't have any snow to contend with, this is a great option.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Quote Originally Posted by duty View Post
      so we are going to need new tires need your guys thoughts and opinions the wife drives the car alot to work but i do take trips to N/C 2 times a year so thats 2000 miles right their !! curious to what guys have to say about this ??? 235/45/18
      Hey Chris, I know you will drive in the snow, so 235/45/18 Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus (must be the "Plus" spec though). Best all around tire I ever owned: they stick in all road conditions (corner very good in dry); plus are quiet, comfortable and with low rolling resistance for better MPG. Remember we met in those heavy snow conditions? I tore up there on snow covered roads at or above regular speed limits..no sweat.

The PZero's are excellent also, stick better in the dry, but less capable in the snow.

Pirelli Cinturato P7+ all seasons have been getting rave reviews for their combination of comfort, good handling, and superb quietness on the highway. They are one of the very top rated tires for sporty yet luxurious-feeling, all-around driving tires for people who care about such things. Truly a jack of all trades tire with an emphasis on comfort and silence, on a car that is already extremely sensitive to tire design for ride comfort and road noise characteristics. I would have gotten them if they had been available in 235/40/18. Unfortunately they don't come in my size and I'm currently too low on KWs to fit their 235/45/18. If you are at stock ride height I'm willing to bet these are your best choice for serene, fast, sure-footed motoring both you and your wife will appreciate. Tire Rack gives them some of the highest ride and noise comfort ratings I have ever seen, and they are excellent in most other areas as well. A few of our members have purchased them and can confirm what I've read about them after doing a ton of tire research. I ended up with Pilot Sport AS3+ which I like better than the Conti DWS06 I had before that, but I wish they were a little more compliant and about 30% quieter. I hate that I hear every bit of tire thrum and accoustic resonance that comes up through my floorboards.
      Last edited by Bunnspeed; 03-16-2017 at 09:35 PM.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune
      13.1 at 101 mph

Current mods: KW V3 coilovers, DO88 fmic, Ferrita downpipe, Powerflex "race" torque mount inserts, more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Hey Chris, I know you will drive in the snow, so 235/45/18 Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus (must be the "Plus" spec though). Best all around tire I ever owned: they stick in all road conditions (corner very good in dry); plus are quiet, comfortable and with low rolling resistance for better MPG. Remember we met in those heavy snow conditions? I tore up there on snow covered roads at or above regular speed limits..no sweat.

The PZero's are excellent also, stick better in the dry, but less capable in the snow.
      Ha, literally got in there 2 minutes before me with the same recommendation. You managed to press Post Quick Replay more quickly though. Well played, sir.
      13.1 at 101 mph

Current mods: KW V3 coilovers, DO88 fmic, Ferrita downpipe, Powerflex "race" torque mount inserts, more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Ha, literally got in there 2 minutes before me with the same recommendation. You managed to press Post Quick Replay more quickly though. Well played, sir.

+1. I replaced the stock Continentals with these about 30,000 miles ago and they still have good tread and are still quiet and smooth. The OEM tires were already shot at 30,000 miles. I highly recommend the P7 Cinturato All Season Plus.
      Current: 2014 Volvo S60 T5 Premier / Caspian Blue

As long as you don't have any snow to contend with, this is a great option.
      i am in nj it snowed only twice nothing like i was when i was a kid i miss it actually !

hey pete how the hell are ya ? yea you got a god point i appreciate that info will have to price them out then !

Pirelli Cinturato P7+ all seasons have been getting rave reviews for their combination of comfort, good handling, and superb quietness on the highway. They are one of the very top rated tires for sporty yet luxurious-feeling, all-around driving tires for people who care about such things. Truly a jack of all trades tire with an emphasis on comfort and silence, on a car that is already extremely sensitive to tire design for ride comfort and road noise characteristics. I would have gotten them if they had been available in 235/40/18. Unfortunately they don't come in my size and I'm currently too low on KWs to fit their 235/45/18. If you are at stock ride height I'm willing to bet these are your best choice for serene, fast, sure-footed motoring both you and your wife will appreciate. Tire Rack gives them some of the highest ride and noise comfort ratings I have ever seen, and they are excellent in most other areas as well. A few of our members have purchased them and can confirm what I've read about them after doing a ton of tire research. I ended up with Pilot Sport AS3+ which I like better than the Conti DWS06 I had before that, but I wish they were a little more compliant and about 30% quieter. I hate that I hear every bit of tire thrum and accoustic resonance that comes up through my floorboards.
      wow ilike the details you posted !!! this why i come here for you gurues!!! the car has p7s on it now are the the same ones you are talking about ? oh your saying their is a p7+ i see

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...m=345VR8CP7ASP what are the diff between these 2 tires ? one is 170 the other is $177

wow ilike the details you posted !!! this why i come here for you gurues!!! the car has p7s on it now are the the same ones you are talking about ? oh your saying their is a p7+ i see
      nope, P7 Cinturato A/S "Plus" are a newer version and 10x better.

Get you some:

https://www.tires-easy.com/235-45-18...recode/2339200

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...m=345VR8CP7ASP what are the diff between these 2 tires ? one is 170 the other is $177
      The cheaper one is H rated, so slightly lower performance, lower top speed rated. The H has a softer sidewall so may be a little more comfortable. Honestly, I have the V rated, and they are comfortable as hell already. For your hot rod, get the V-rated.

I think I heard that the "plus" versions are also notably quieter than the non-plus ones. The quietness is a major selling point for me. Only downside I can see with looking at these tires on the Volvo lot is they are not very sporty looking, at least in the 235/45/18 size. I forget if the ones I saw on the lot were P7s or P7+s but I do remember thinking the 235/45/18s had a very chunky look to them and seemed styled to read as plush passenger car tires, with chunky sidewalls (not just in terms of sidewall height, but lots of bulge and manufacturer's markings, graphics, etc.) as compared with the ones on their 19" wheel packages which looked much more lean and mean. I compared measurements on Tire Rack and the 19s had a leaner, cleaner design, with a narrower measured section width for less plumpness relative to the rated tread width. So if aesthetics are a concern, you might actually consider getting them in 225/45/18 instead of 235/45/18. They should have a cleaner look without losing much, if any, contact patch, and should slot-in between the factory 235/40/18 Contis and the 235/45/18 Pirellis, size-wise.
      13.1 at 101 mph

Quote Originally Posted by bmo pete View Post
      the cheaper one is h rated, so slightly lower performance, lower top speed rated. The h has a softer sidewall so may be a little more comfortable. Honestly, i have the v rated, and they are comfortable as hell already. For your hot rod, get the v-rated.
      i think your right ! And she is a hot rod !! CANT WAIT TO THE DOWN PIPE TOLD THAT HARMONY GUY I WANT IT BUT HE HAS NOT GOT BACK TO ME !! AND WANT TO THE I/C THIS SUMMER TOO

I think I heard that the "plus" versions are also notably quieter than the non-plus ones. The quietness is a major selling point for me. Only downside I can see with looking at these tires on the Volvo lot is they are not very sporty looking, at least in the 235/45/18 size. I forget if the ones I saw on the lot were P7s or P7+s but I do remember thinking the 235/45/18s had a very chunky look to them and seemed styled to read as plush passenger car tires, with chunky sidewalls (not just in terms of sidewall height, but lots of bulge and manufacturer's markings, graphics, etc.) as compared with the ones on their 19" wheel packages which looked much more lean and mean. I compared measurements on Tire Rack and the 19s had a leaner, cleaner design, with a narrower measured section width for less plumpness relative to the rated tread width. So if aesthetics are a concern, you might actually consider getting them in 225/45/18 instead of 235/45/18. They should have a cleaner look without losing much, if any, contact patch, and should slot-in between the factory 235/40/18 Contis and the 235/45/18 Pirellis, size-wise.
      225's? Sorry, go big or go home. I've got 245/40-19's, and can not consider skinnier with the big bulbous fenders on this car. Lower profile and/or more "stretch" (cleaner) means dented and scraped rims...and loose fillings with this crashy suspension (crap OEM RD struts). And like I said, they look too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Pirelli P Zero AS Plus today...245/40/19 and immediately you notice a difference over the P7's that came with the car. Probably should have had these to begin with. Sharper turn in, less noise and pretty smooth. Will update after more miles...

I got the Pirelli P Zero AS Plus today...245/40/19 and immediately you notice a difference over the P7's that came with the car. Probably should have had these to begin with. Sharper turn in, less noise and pretty smooth. Will update after more miles...
      Great tire ...my choice if I didn't have the snow worries.

i got the pirelli p zero as plus today...245/40/19 and immediately you notice a difference over the p7's that came with the car. Probably should have had these to begin with. Sharper turn in, less noise and pretty smooth. Will update after more miles...
      thank you id saY this is going to be the choice ! Everyone saounds very very happy with them !

Its only been two weeks with these new tires but everything is just......better. Think I made the right choice. Hopefully I get my rebate check soon !

Its only been two weeks with these new tires but everything is just......better. Think I made the right choice. Hopefully I get my rebate check soon !
      how much did you pay ? where did you purchase ?

I paid $818 out the door.....$60 rebate check brings it down to $758. Got them at Mavis who happened to have them in stock.

That's what I have on my S60 here in PDX but in 235/45-17.. the P-Zero AS Plus truly are outstanding tires.
      Last edited by JRB_NW; 04-09-2017 at 10:11 AM.
      Saab 9000, 9-5 and 9-3 SS (all gone..)
      2010 V70 R-Design in Electric Silver (sold)
      2014 S60 T5 Premier in Caspian Blue (current)
      2014 Kia Rio Hatchback (my Philippines car)

Quote Originally Posted by jrb_nw View Post
      that's what i have on my s60 here in pdx but in 235/45-17.. The p-zero as plus truly are outstanding tires.
      thanx for the input !

31. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements