Cabin air filter
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Cabin air filter

Can someone tell me where the cabin air filter is located in a 2015 V60? It's not mentioned in the manual and I've looked in the glove box but I'm assuming there is one.
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Doing a parts check shows a replacement cabin filter is available so there is one. I have a '13 S60, it's filter is located behind the waterfall, I suspect yours will be also.
      '98 V70 T5 (Auto) Currently 427,000 miles on car, now my daughter's.
      '99 V70 T5 M Purchased from JRL: 207,000 miles. future mods coming
      2013 S60 T6 Rdesign Mine
      2016 XC60 T6 Rdesign Wife's

Yes, it is in behind the waterfall. There is a write up on here somewhere plus a video on YouTube. I did mine the other month. The trickiest bit is getting one of the ECMs off it's mounts to make room to get the filter in and out.
      2015 V60 T6 RD - Superior, CO

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks. It's a little more complicated than any other car I've done it on but it looks doable.
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid

FYI, my dealer charged $71.65 for labor only to replace the filter on my 2016 S60. I tried myself but found the access too difficult.

Bought a Mann carbon activated filter recommended on another thread. Works better than the non carbon filter. My city has a particular aroma.

My '08 C30 uses a charcoal filter--the newer 60-series don't?
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

Quote Originally Posted by vpblur View Post
      Yes, it is in behind the waterfall. There is a write up on here somewhere plus a video on YouTube. I did mine the other month. The trickiest bit is getting one of the ECMs off it's mounts to make room to get the filter in and out.
      I used this video to do mine. The guy in the video was a little unsure of the airflow direction. When I removed my old filter the airflow arrows were pointing toward the front of the car. There are some other YouTube videos that also show the airflow arrows pointing toward the front. I turned on the blower and put a couple of fingers in the filter slot. The air flows from the front of the car to the rear. I also felt around with the blower off. There is an open duct on the right (toward the front) and a filter support on the left. The Mann instructions and this video are correct.

Or check the arrow on the old filter before pulling it out. Assuming the last guy did it right!
      2015 V60 T6 RD - Superior, CO

Swapping mine out soon! Waiting for some warm weather for spring maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design Hilton Tuned 310awhp/414awtq
      do88|FMIC|Ferrita|3.5" Downpipe, Quad Tips|ViVA Performance|3" Catback Res and Muffler Delete||pCRV Upgrade|KW|V3 Coilovers|IPD|Rear Sway|Snabb|3" Intake, High Flow Intake Box, Larger IC Piping|BBS|CIR2001

Just wanted to chime in that the video linked above applied to my XC60 as well. It only took 10 minutes to swap the cabin air filter.
      2013 XC60 T6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.brian23 View Post
      Just wanted to chime in that the video linked above applied to my XC60 as well. It only took 10 minutes to swap the cabin air filter.
      +1
      2013 S60 T5 AWD, Premier Plus, Beechwood Leather, Climate, BLIS, NJORD Rims Caspian Blue Metallic, Pirelli P7 Cinturato Plus
      Previous: 2009 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T & 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.brian23 View Post
      You're a better man than I. It probably took me 45 minutes by the time I got set up and then buttoned everything back up. The filter I bought from Rock Auto was not a charcoal unit although I'm not sure that will make much difference.
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements