Cleaning Glass Area - HMSL
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Cleaning Glass Area - HMSL

Does anyone have any tips/tricks for cleaning the glass in front of the HMSL? Seems to be a complete PIA, wondering if anyone has discovered a makeshift tool or something that makes the task easier.
      Current: 2015.5 S60 RD, BSM, 19" Ixion, Climate, BLIS, Conv., Premium Sound, Rear IPD bar & endlinks, KPax exhaust
      Past: 1990 760 GLE and 2006 S60 R

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dunno what HMSL is, but I can reach into the windshield crevice using an As Seen on TV (tm) gizmo I bought a few years ago at Walgreen's. It's got a pivoting microfiber pad at the end of a long handle.

Ah, here it is, the Windshield Wonder: http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p=296792

Is that what you need?

I too have no idea what HMSL is. Looked it up but don't think it's Hierarchical Music Specification Language.
      Help us help you.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Almaz; 03-19-2017 at 08:43 PM.
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

"High Mount Stop Light"? The middle red stop light?
      2015 V60 (FWD).
      Former: ~1995 850 sedan (5-speed manual ).
      Former: ~1985 740GLE (ZF transmission )

Use Windex in front of the hydrazine mustard spin label
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

LOL - yes, it's the high mount stop light. sorry, i thought that was a commonly known acronym. i tried using a single layer of microfiber sprayed with glass cleaner, even my tiny fingers couldn't get all the way in there to clean it. i had noticed that the glass looked very dirty and now my ocd has kicked in and i REALLY want to clean it.
      Current: 2015.5 S60 RD, BSM, 19" Ixion, Climate, BLIS, Conv., Premium Sound, Rear IPD bar & endlinks, KPax exhaust

That area seems to collect some lingering moisture that takes a little time to evaporate so I can see how it gets a little dirty. Now you got me obsessing about cleaning it!
      I'd imagine the microfiber is too thick. What about a good quality paper towel?
      I got a little tool (basically a plastic handle) from Canadian Tire that can reach all the way down the rest of the glass but that of course is easier.
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      That area seems to collect some lingering moisture that takes a little time to evaporate so I can see how it gets a little dirty. Now you got me obsessing about cleaning it!
      I'd imagine the microfiber is too thick. What about a good quality paper towel?
      I got a little tool (basically a plastic handle) from Canadian Tire that can reach all the way down the rest of the glass but that of course is easier.
      glad i could help

i'm thinking it might turn into a two person job with a lookout that verifies i'm actually getting all of the area. also concerned about pulling down on the cover too much and causing a permanent space for even more dirt to make its way in there.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements