Rear hatch stuck
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Rear hatch stuck

2015 V60...

Rear hatch will not open...might be a coincidence but it started right after going through a (touchless) carwash. Key fob works fine and can lock and unlock all other doors. Also tried the trunk button on the Fob.

Any thoughts on where to start?

Madmike

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
      Any thoughts on where to start?

Madmike
      When you press the button, do you hear any noise like it is trying to unlatch?

There is always the possibility that it is just a dead fuse, so that's probably the first place to look. I am not sure which fuse however.

ViDA might or might not be of help here. I haven't decided whether you might learn much of anything with it.
      2015 V60 (FWD).
      Former: ~1995 850 sedan (5-speed manual ).
      Former: ~1985 740GLE (ZF transmission )

May not work on the Volvo - - - I have an '04 T-Bird with an electric trunk release. Occasionally, the latch stops just shy of fully engaging and, therefor, will not release. My solution is to give the lid a firm, downward push. This seems to set the latch fully and allows it to unlatch with no problem. Until 3 or 4 months later when I need to do it again.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I do hear lots of clicks when I push the button either on the tailgate or on the fob. Thanks for suggesting pushing it down....tried that, but no open.

madmike

So....my wife figured it out . She pushed straight out from inside the wagon (I was pulling up from outside of the hatch). It opened for her, she oiled the heck out of it and it is working again.

A little dab of grease works better than oil on the latches. Try some SuperLube, which lasts a long time and won't stain.
      2013 S60 T6 R-Design Black Sapphire / Climate / Navigation
      IPD Anti-Sway Bar, Rear End-Links, & Skid Plate / Michelin Pilot Super Sport (summer) / Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 (winter)

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements