Remote start for T8 in the US - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      Crazy. I have not yet had the time to call my dealer or bring it in, so I have no idea if the email response I got indicating that it was available was accurate. But the agent was clearly aware that I had a 2017 T8 as another part of my message and their response included that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aw9nineteen View Post
      Ah. So the information is not contradictory. Unplugged preconditioning is not available but there should be an option to remote start. Sounds like I still need to schedule service then. I actually don't care too much if I have remote start or unplugged preconditioning as long as I can make my vehicle comfortable before I get to it.

Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
      The support site also looks to be updated with info. I am still surprised to not have battery usage information. I called customer service and they said the feature was coming in a future update.
      I just went on the website and did the chat. I was told that it is not available... mixed signals

What you want is engine remote start and it definitely exists.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
      What you want is engine remote start and it definitely exists.
      So confused - for a T8?

I had a total software update on Friday and it now don't have remote start, unplugged preconditioning, or even battery stats in VOC.

Quite annoyed

Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

My car was in for the suspension TJ and they also did a full software update last Friday (24 Jun 2017).

I have the VOC app version 3.6.6 on Android.

US market.

Parking Climate -> pre conditioning is still there ... but there are no new features (like remote start).

Battery stats under the Dashboard - but I wonder if they are accurately updating.

The VOC app continues to be a disappointment ...
      2016 XC90 T8 OSD
      Luminous Sand (719) with Agnes blond / charcoal (UC00) - HUD, wood steering wheel, dark flame birch, air suspension, B & W sound, convenience, vision
      previously: 2013 XC90 OSD - 2007 XC90 OSD - 1991 850

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      I had a total software update on Friday and it now don't have remote start, unplugged preconditioning, or even battery stats in VOC.

Quite annoyed

Same here, im in canada, had total update installed yesterday, no remote start option in VOC.

Quite annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by rpmccormick View Post
      My car was in for the suspension TJ and they also did a full software update last Friday (24 Jun 2017).

I have the VOC app version 3.6.6 on Android.

US market.

Parking Climate -> pre conditioning is still there ... but there are no new features (like remote start).

Battery stats under the Dashboard - but I wonder if they are accurately updating.

The VOC app continues to be a disappointment ...
      Quote Originally Posted by brisk View Post
      Same here, im in canada, had total update installed yesterday, no remote start option in VOC.
      You need to make sure that the dealer actually loaded the software to enable ERS. It's not built in to the full update by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaVolvo View Post
      You need to make sure that the dealer actually loaded the software to enable ERS. It's not built in to the full update by itself.
      So do you have ERS on a US T8?

Current:
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Remote start for T8 in the US

So do you have ERS on a US T8?

Here is what was sent to me today. I believe the poster above was correct. It may not just come over with the Software update. You will need a Part number. See picture attached.

2016 XC90 T8 - US
      Was in for Service on 3/1/17 with "Total Update". No Engine Remote Start as a result.
      This was response I got this morning to my email to Volvo Customer Care when I enquired about ERS availability for my VIN:

"Thank you for your email. I am happy to help!
      I looked into your vehicle and the Engine Remote Start Application was not installed. Please bring your vehicle to your local Volvo retailer to have this installed.
      The part number for the Engine Remote Start Application is 3167816.
      If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
      Thank you and have a great day!"

I won't be able to get my car in for a few weeks, but would be interested to hear if this helps anyone else.
      Thanks,

Here is what was sent to me today. I believe the poster above was correct. It may not just come over with the Software update. You will need a Part number. See picture attached.
      Thanks for sharing!

Oddly enough, this is the response I got today:

Current:
      Deceased:

Oddly enough, this is the response I got today:

This is actually starting to disgust me beyond belief. No wonder dealers don't know what their doing. Corporate can't even figure it out.

This is actually starting to disgust me beyond belief. No wonder dealers don't know what their doing. Corporate can't even figure it out.

Got this today.

Current:
      Deceased:

I'm going in for my 10k maintenance today. I'll keep you all posted.

Dealer called today and said they can't find it. No one in parts or software can find the number.

Then told me that my modem was never turned on and that's why I can't use my phone as a mobile hotspot. Whenever I try to connect my car to my phones internet it just spins and spinssssss.

Connecting your car to your phone's hotspot would use the car's wifi, not the car's modem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
      Connecting your car to your phone's hotspot would use the car's wifi, not the car's modem.
      Shouldn't it work the other way around? I talked to a dealer today that agree with my thoughts. That basically the car has the onboard modem. That modem can be used for wifi, to be its own hotspot, and to connect to other devices. So the modem in the car should be able to connect to my cell phone, regardless of whether or not at have a data subscription..

Someone correct me if I am wrong, I don't want to give the dealership I've been using more heat. I am planning to switch dealers more than likely anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are wrong, or are swapping terms. If the car is connecting to your phone's internet, that means your phone is providing its internet connection to the car. The method that phones use to do that is generally a WiFi hotspot, and less often via Bluetooth. In either case, the point of connecting your car to your phone's internet is so that the vehicle does not need to provide its own internet connection.

The vehicle modem is solely used to connect to the internet.

Now, what you said in your last post is true: the vehicle modem can also provide the opposite function: the vehicle connects to the internet via its modem, then provides access to that connection to other devices via its wifi connection.

But I was replying specifically to your comment that the dealer said your vehicle modem being off was the reason your car could not connect to your phone's hotspot. In that scenario the vehicle modem doesn't enter into it.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You are wrong, or are swapping terms. If the car is connecting to your phone's internet, that means your phone is providing its internet connection to the car. The method that phones use to do that is generally a WiFi hotspot, and less often via Bluetooth. In either case, the point of connecting your car to your phone's internet is so that the vehicle does not need to provide its own internet connection.

Now, what you said in your last post is true: the vehicle modem can also provide the opposite function: the vehicle connects to the internet via its modem, then provides access to that connection to other devices via its wifi connection.

But I was replying specifically to your comment that the dealer said your vehicle modem being off was the reason your car could not connect to your phone's hotspot. In that scenario the vehicle modem doesn't enter into it.

Does that make sense?

And to add to this, use of the vehicle modem to connect to the internet and using the vehicle wifi to connect to your phone's hotspot are mutually exclusive features. Enabling one disables the other as I recall.

So if you're parked at home and connect to your home wifi or connect to your phone's hotspot feature, your vehicle modem will be turned off. Likewise, if you turn on your vehicle modem, the vehicle will be disconnected from any wifi connection it is using.

It's not like a cellular-equipped tablet that can automatically switch between the two types of connections. You have to manually pick the type of connection to use.

Does that make sense?

It does and I stand corrected. I didn't use that correctly. My whole point though was that to connect to my phones hotspot shouldn't require an ATT subscription.

That's correct. Good luck!

my dealer called me and saying he has contacted Volvo canada, there is no engine remote start for T8. The application number 3617816 doesn't exist, however there is a 36179816 or 36178916 exists, and it is for pre-conditioning (plugged in) of the car and I was told it was still in testing. I asked why Volvo installed something still in testing to us (the pliugged in preconditioning) , he said he didn't know.

I guess miscommunication again!

Quote Originally Posted by brisk View Post
      my dealer called me and saying he has contacted Volvo canada, there is no engine remote start for T8. The application number 3617816 doesn't exist, however there is a 36179816 or 36178916 exists, and it is for pre-conditioning (plugged in) of the car and I was told it was still in testing. I asked why Volvo installed something still in testing to us (the pliugged in preconditioning) , he said he didn't know.

I guess miscommunication again!
      The number is: 31678916

Yup. I just found that out. Volvo gave us the wrong number.

Thanks Bert

Now let's see if it actually works.

Now let's see if it actually works.
      +1

I also hope they update the VOC app to show if the car is currently charging! I was shopping at Ikea on Saturday, plugged in my T8 & off I go expecting almost fully charged car...nope someone must have pressed the stop button on the charger Was so pissed & I know for a fact the charging was working when I left since I always make sure I look at the gauges when I lock the doors At least would have been nice to be notified when charging stopped so I could have come out
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PAII | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      +1

I also hope they update the VOC app to show if the car is currently charging! I was shopping at Ikea on Saturday, plugged in my T8 & off I go expecting almost fully charged car...nope someone must have pressed the stop button on the charger Was so pissed & I know for a fact the charging was working when I left since I always make sure I look at the gauges when I lock the doors At least would have been nice to be notified when charging stopped so I could have come out
      Bummer. This would be nice. I do recall some updates are being made to the charging process with the next major update. I think scheduled charging was one of those things. Hopefully that will include the accurate charge status you're asking about.

On a related note, not sure what network if any that the station at Ikea uses but some of them like Chargepoint and Blink have their own apps with charging status notifications.

Bummer. This would be nice. I do recall some updates are being made to the charging process with the next major update. I think scheduled charging was one of those things. Hopefully that will include the accurate charge status you're asking about.

On a related note, not sure what network if any that the station at Ikea uses but some of them like Chargepoint and Blink have their own apps with charging status notifications.
      I wouldn't mind having battery information of ANY kind at this point.

Current:
      Deceased:

I wouldn't mind having battery information of ANY kind at this point.

This is one thing I'm worried about losing by having the remote start software added - I don't know why some of you are missing it and some like me can see it. What if the remote start software is the/a cause?

Then again, if I have to choose between having remote start and knowing my battery level, I'm going to pick remote start. Knowing the battery level is nice but it's not going to change a thing about what I actually do with the vehicle especially while it's parked in a lot somewhere.

This is one thing I'm worried about losing by having the remote start software added - I don't know why some of you are missing it and some like me can see it. What if the remote start software is the/a cause?

Then again, if I have to choose between having remote start and knowing my battery level, I'm going to pick remote start. Knowing the battery level is nice but it's not going to change a thing about what I actually do with the vehicle especially while it's parked in a lot somewhere.
      You don't have the ERS yet correct?

You don't have the ERS yet correct?

Right. Haven't had a chance to schedule a visit to the dealer yet.

Going in this week to get the summer tires on. going to get the update, thanks Volvo just as the weather warms up

From the dealer when asked if I can have it loaded on my T8

"The software is not available yet, and we can not order yet either. Technical support said this availability will be coming -but no eta as of yet."

Anyone else in Canada have a different result with their dealer.?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast