Broken trunk handle/latch
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Broken trunk handle/latch

The trunk on our 2012 XC60 doesn't respond when you try to open it manually. One has to push the key fob or the button below the dashboard. I assume a broken sensor and was wondering if that's something I can replace myself. If so, where can I buy the spare part (part number?). The dealer asks for almost $400 as it's not covered by a warranty.
      2012 XC60 R-Design; Black Sapphire metallic, off black smooth leather interior with beige inlay, convenience Pkg, Climate Pkg, PCC, ...
      Magnaflow muffler and exhaust tips, rear spacers 15mm h&r and trailer hitch

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd get on Tasca's site and study an exploded diagram after doing a little searching. I would imagine it's a piece you can replace yourself and save a ton.
      http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts...-l6-gas-engine
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
      The trunk on our 2012 XC60 doesn't respond when you try to open it manually. One has to push the key fob or the button below the dashboard. I assume a broken sensor and was wondering if that's something I can replace myself. If so, where can I buy the spare part (part number?). The dealer asks for almost $400 as it's not covered by a warranty.
      This might help you:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/048nyzjgcf...andle.pdf?dl=0

2014 XC60 T6 Sport Pkg
      2008 C30 v1 Manual

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Outstanding! Thank you so much!
      2012 XC60 R-Design; Black Sapphire metallic, off black smooth leather interior with beige inlay, convenience Pkg, Climate Pkg, PCC, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
      Outstanding! Thank you so much!
      No problem. $100 bucks is better than $400

2014 XC60 T6 Sport Pkg
      2008 C30 v1 Manual

We have also just bought an XC60 (2009 T6, imported used in to New Zealand from Japan).

We have exactly the same issue. I can hear the micro-switch click when I pull on the handle but no more action than this.

The parts diagram does not show the micro-switch as a separate part. Does anyone know if it can be bought independent of the complete handle?

Thanks
      Richard

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

It seems that the handle is sold as one big piece. Contact e.g. http://www.volvopartswebstore.com with the VIN of your car and they will tell you exactly what part number ( 30753341, 31365544 or 31365549) you need. I haven't replaced the handle yet but will do so soon.

Thanks. I will try them. I think I'll order the remote closing setup discussed elsewhere on here and fit it all at the same time.

Sorted...at no cost. I took the rubber external handle off and sprayed a little switch cleaner into the microswitch. Pressed it and the tailgate opened ok.

I then tried it with the handle back on and it didn't work even though I could hear a click from the switch. I then took the handle off and placed a couple of layers of masking tape on the handle at the point where the microswitch touches. Put it back on and now works OK.

I'll need to find a more permanent solution (new handle or build the area up with a small amount of plastic filler), but happy for now.

Thank you. My trunk switch started to act up as well. I have to push in really hard to get it going. I will try the masking tape idea:-)

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements