Charlottesville, VA Mechanic?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Charlottesville, VA Mechanic?

Quick post to ask if anyone had any mechanic recommendations in the Charlottesville area.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Drive north to Rockville maryland

That stage 2/3 black&yellow m66
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 R1 Slotted Rotors&EBC Red Stuff, straightpipe, eibach springs

I'm i c'villa also. Edgecomb's is, in my opinion (and many others), the most knowledgeable...and trustworthy/reliable. They're not cheap, though...but not necessarily unreasonable either. (some quotes I've gotten, though, have bordered on unreasonable.) They've been specializing in Volvo for as long as I can recall (early 80's.)

A co-worker (w/ a V70) turned me on to Airport Auto. The seem great- I've used them twice w/ great savings. I'm about to cross-cost things between these two again as my front control arm bushings are very shot.

I'd avoid the local dealer at all costs. Don't wanna bad mouth them here, but you can message me if you want further feedback.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm up in NoVa and have driven my cR down to C-ville Volvo. Shawn, Tony and Larry are the best! Plus the hourly rates are much cheaper then the DC area... Not sure why someone would recommended Rockville?? That's just stupid! You'll pay more for a less experienced Indy than you do for a official Volvo trained tech. Plus most of those guys down there are Volvo fanatics! Tony has a custom lifted p2 XC and Larry has a 500+ AWDHP p2 sR. You won't find better qualified guys around, even in NoVa...
      Laser Blue 2000 v70R
      Speedtuning Stage2 @18psi/Forge CBV/IPD drop-in intercooler/R mani/CJ 3"DP/3"duals/EST intake/Delco TCV/Bosch Super Plus/IPD HD COP/CJ delrin subframe mounts/TME AWD springs/TME strutbrace/IPD sways/Koni Sport strut/Nivo 025
      Titanium 2011 c30R

Pump the brakes there. A majority of the techs at Scandinavian are on this forum.

2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 R1 Slotted Rotors&EBC Red Stuff, straightpipe, eibach springs

You don't have to tell me about Scandinavian. I've used there shop, I know Edwin, I've also been to there open house show several times and know his boss pretty well too. You can also read my review about the shop from '07, they've come a long way... How many times have you used there shop? Or any other shops in the area? Do you only know of Scandinavian because you've only read about it here???

With that out of the way, who cares what forum they are on? Most of them are on the Volvo FB groups if that matters to you. What really matters is what kind of work they do. The fact they are cheaper (the quality of expertise and labor rate was enough for me to drive 2hrs south, plus I got a loaner car for the day). And all the local hardcore Volvo enthusiast use them and love them. They run a really good shop!

And most importantly to the OP and his question, they are in his backyard! Not 2.5hrs away! So maybe you should help the man, read his question and pump YOUR brakes, fan boy...
      Laser Blue 2000 v70R
      Speedtuning Stage2 @18psi/Forge CBV/IPD drop-in intercooler/R mani/CJ 3"DP/3"duals/EST intake/Delco TCV/Bosch Super Plus/IPD HD COP/CJ delrin subframe mounts/TME AWD springs/TME strutbrace/IPD sways/Koni Sport strut/Nivo 025
      Titanium 2011 c30R

My recommendation that driving to Rockville isn't that stupid. Especially depending on what you need. Other than the stealership, a lot of Indy shops aren't that experienced with the P1. They replaced my engine on my first s40. I'll always recommend a place that employs true volvo enthusiasts.

Thanks for all the input!

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements