Upgrade to 19" or 20" Ixion Wheels?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Upgrade to 19" or 20" Ixion Wheels?

I've always loved the look of the Ixion wheel on the XC60. I had a 2011 and now have a 2014 XC T6 w/Polestar. I want to upgrade the wheels to either 19" or 20" Ixion. I live in the Northeast US and wanted to know opinions on which size to get. I don't want too harsh of a ride. I'll keep my 18" Zephyrus for Winter tires.

UPDATED: Here are the 20" Ixion 2 Wheels

Last edited by jackson2275; 04-24-2017 at 02:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have the Cratus and the Candor 20" wheels for my XC60 and the ride isnt harsh at all and I am up in Canada. I'd recommend the 20's for sure to get that sure contrast from your 18's.
      Love the color on your XC60!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder999 View Post
      I have the Cratus and the Candor 20" wheels for my XC60 and the ride isnt harsh at all and I am up in Canada. I'd recommend the 20's for sure to get that sure contrast from your 18's.
      Come to Alberta where we actually have a really good freeze/thaw cycle that lasts 6-8 months haha. I wouldn't swap my 18's for 19/20's here.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The Ixion 4 20" are my favorite OEM's at the moment. Second would be the 20" Altais then Candor.

Nice 19" are Bor, Achilles and Lesath. I think the 19" Ixion 4, from the S/V60 R-Design will fit also. There's also the Polestar wheel option in 19's and 20's.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...s/styling/2017
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

I have both the Talitha and Cratus 20" wheels for mine. Fiancée has no complaints with them at all. PA/NJ here.

'13 XC60 R-Design P* Passion Red | Platinum | BLIS | IPD Rear Sway
      '06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
      Come to Alberta where we actually have a really good freeze/thaw cycle that lasts 6-8 months haha. I wouldn't swap my 18's for 19/20's here.
      My vehicle is from Edmonton

The Talitha Wheels on the Red R Design above were my second choice for second wheels after the 20" Candor wheels. Good choice!

This is an Edmonton vehicle currently in Vancouver.

C360_2017-03-18-16-54-35-802 by Shadows N Dust
      Last edited by Spyder999; 03-30-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks Spyder999 and the others who commented. Seems like 20" would be my best bet. I've found a good price for the Ixion 2 wheels at Tasca. Tried to get my local dealer to price match but they can't. The Ixion 4's look really nice too, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay the extra $ for them.

All I need to figure out is the tire, prob Conti's, and TPSM's.

Spyder999, those wheels look great!

jackson2275, I'm due for a set of rubbers myself. Definitely going with the DWS06!
      '13 XC60 R-Design P* Passion Red | Platinum | BLIS | IPD Rear Sway
      '06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

i am in Edmonton this weekend and should have my Ixion 20" on the car. If you and Daryl McManus are around we should get together for a coffee and meet. I am visiting the dealership there as I am investigating trading into a 2017 V60 Polestar they have in stock. Of course that depends on how happy they can make me..
      2014 XC60 Platinum Package, W/Polestar Optimization, Polestar suspension + Feritta down pipe & Kpax GT6 Exhaust, IPD Sway bar and HD end links, Snabb Intake & K & N drop in and a bunch of other aesthetic if not expensive little goodies.
      2015 BMW 428i Xdrive Cabriolet W/Executive, Driver Assistance, Premium Packages and Dinan power tune.

take a look at the TSW rotary forged wheels. stronger, lighter and cheaper than OEMs!
      2014 XC60 T6 - P* Tune, DO88 FMIC, Ferrita DP, TSW Bathurst w/ Conti DWS06, R-Design Suspension, IPD Rear Sway, Custom Exhaust, Morimoto D2S 4.0 HID Projectors, Skeletonized Airbox, Powerflex Bushings, Colder NGK Plugs
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - IPD Sways/Subframe Inserts/Strut Bar Conversion, Stoptech Rotors
      For Sale: CHEAP! 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Sway Bars / XC60 T6 parts as replaced above

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie5148 View Post
      i am in Edmonton this weekend and should have my Ixion 20" on the car. If you and Daryl McManus are around we should get together for a coffee and meet. I am visiting the dealership there as I am investigating trading into a 2017 V60 Polestar they have in stock. Of course that depends on how happy they can make me..
      That sounds good but if you read it all (the following post), I said my vehicle is from Edmonton, but is now in Vancouver. I'm actually in Vancouver. Thx anyway for the invite. =)
      I'd love to see a Polestar V60 purchase! What are you trading?

Quote Originally Posted by smeaglescaR View Post

jackson2275, I'm due for a set of rubbers myself. Definitely going with the DWS06!
      I'm actually thinking about going with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/3+. They are the same price as the Conti's on TireRack Plus a $70 gift card.

Quote Originally Posted by smeaglescaR View Post

Thx! I wanted to get Volvo wheels and not after market wheels so it was a limited selection, but I got used to these and got them. They weren't cheap though, going directly through the dealer!

I decided to go with the 20" Ixion 2 wheels with Conti Extreme Contact tires. I think they look great! Had to have the tires re-balanced already and it seems like they cannot get them perfect.

Last edited by jackson2275; 04-24-2017 at 01:59 PM.

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements