Volvo V90 R Design Bursting Blue
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Volvo V90 R Design Bursting Blue

Hey guys,

I hadn't seen many real world photos of the Bursting Blue on a V90, so I figured I'd post some of the beast I picked up today!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to fire away!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks like you have some great photography skills!

How do you like the car?
      2000 Volvo S70 SE; First Owner; 321k km; Retired
      2012A Volvo S60 T5 Level II; GONE!

Acura TLX SH-AWD with Tech Owner's Thread. Geokilla's Mini-blog.

Its blue! Its nice.
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks fantastic!

+1 ... that's brochure like quality picture taking!

Not too wow'd by the car itself though ... cuz I never liked its sharp angled ass.
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      05 V70 AWD - Got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70R AWD - Bilstein touring fronts, Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered. SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition - current baby.
      09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

It's AWESOME! Congratulations!

T
      T Schroeder Jr
      Sales Manager, Bob Byers Volvo of Seattle
      2016 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD Platinum, Black/Blond and Black; 2017 S60 T5 AWD Dynamic, Onyx Black/Off-black

That's what i wanted to order, but i made the mistake of driving a MB e400 wagon and V90cc with the massaging seats......I must have them!!!! Damn you Volvo for not offering them in the r design! Guess I must "settle" for an Inscription! ha!

Whilst I'd like to take credit for the photos - My brother was the brains behind these!

The car itself is very nice to drive - Super smooth on the way home (about 20 miles).

I've come from an XC60, and I didn't find much of a difference in driving position to be honest!

I'll be putting about 50 miles on it today, so that should give a good feel for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piotrunho View Post
      Is it D4?
      It is. Don't need any more than that in the U.K.!

Excuse me while I am wiping away all my drooling...

What a great looking car!

You realize you are the envy of all wagon enthusiasts, here at SS, right?
      Last edited by GrecianVolvo; 03-29-2017 at 11:20 PM.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Excuse me while I am wiping away all my drooling...

What a great looking car!

You realize you are not the envy of all wagon enthusiasts, here at SS, right?
      Haha, thanks mate.

I took her for a 60 mile round trip today, and I'm pretty sure I was gawped at by quite a few people on the roads.

Certainly stands out in and amongst the Audis, BM's and Mercs.

Really good looking R Design. Do you have any photos in the sun? It looks like the photos have a filter to make the blue "Pop"
      2015.5 V60 RD Passion Red (Sold)
      2018 V90 R Ordered

Does your car have the air suspension option?
      I have a 2015.5 V60R Design with 19" wheels and I wish I could test drive the new V90 R to feel how it is in comparison to my V60 R. The air suspension information says it is adjustable to different "ride" setting. I did have an older V70R with the 4 C settings and wonder how the "Air Suspension" with 4C would compare.
      I would appreciate any comments from the forum members.

Thank you
      2018 V90 R Ordered

Subscribed
      2018 V90 R Ordered

Quote Originally Posted by SKY-KING View Post
      Really good looking R Design. Do you have any photos in the sun? It looks like the photos have a filter to make the blue "Pop"
      Hi Sky,

This is England..... if you want a pic in the sun, you'll be waiting a while! Haha.

Once we get a bit of sunshine, I'll take a pic so you can see. There are no filters on the photos, just a bit of editing to make up for the less than average camera.

I don't have the air suspension - it was something I've never had, so wouldn't miss - I had to leave some options behind, and that was the first to go.

In my opinion, the ride is perfectly fine without it. I've only experienced 100 miles, but it's been extremely comfortable so far!

I'm yet to put it through its paces round the back roads, but it's a great motorway cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by SKY-KING View Post
      Does your car have the air suspension option?
      I have a 2015.5 V60R Design with 19" wheels and I wish I could test drive the new V90 R to feel how it is in comparison to my V60 R. The air suspension information says it is adjustable to different "ride" setting. I did have an older V70R with the 4 C settings and wonder how the "Air Suspension" with 4C would compare.
      I would appreciate any comments from the forum members.

Thank you
      3 different cars, 3 different "animals".

Your V70R (in Advanced Mode) would have the stiffest (and most unrefined) ride among the three cars. In Sport mode, it would compare to your V60 R-design although still not as refined.
      The V60 R-design, with its 19" wheels, would have the best overall ride with regards to firmness and overall handling.
      The V90 R-design w/ air suspension will be the most refined of the three; in Dynamic mode, it will be the most balanced and also provide very good handling characteristics.

The V90's air suspension cannot even compare to the V70R's 4C. Think of the V70R as a very raw car, when compared to the other two; in Advance mode, and if equipped w/ 18" wheels, that car was on rails. Go Kart type of handling, despite its size. With that, the lack of refinement, when compared to a V60 or V90 is ever present although some people like that.

I have spent a ton of seat time with the V70R and the V60 R-design and they both have their own merits.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Wow, that looks really good
      (Hers) Current Ride - 15.5 XC60 T6 AWD
      ( His ) Current Ride - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD

(Hers) Past Rides - 93 244, 05 XC90 T5 AWD
      ( His ) Past Rides - 91 745, 05 S40 T5 FWD

Thank you to NICKUK and GRECIAN for your comments. It helps me understand the different suspension options.
      2018 V90 R Ordered

Very nice looking car! The blue looks great.

Wish we got the Volvo diesels here in the states. Haven't had them since 1986...

Quote Originally Posted by NickUK View Post
      Hi Sky,

This is England..... if you want a pic in the sun, you'll be waiting a while! Haha.
      My favorite shows are "The Great British Baking Show" (u.s. name of the show) and "Escape To The Country", so I know there's lots of sun in England!

Nice car by the way.
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

Amazing looking V90! Congrats!
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ | Vision Package | Polestar | Crystal White Metallic/Charcoal interior (light beige headliner) - first Volvo and loving it!
      3M Driver/Passenger tint, clear paint protection film (full hood + front), Weather Tech mats (all 3 rows), OEM: 3 piece cargo tray, tow hitch, rear bumper strip, mud flaps, low profile roof rack

Nice! The Bursting Blue RD is the most alluring V90 IMO. Congrats!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Definitely a beautiful car. I just wish it was available in colors other than black for the interior. I like to keep my cars clean and black makes that pretty tough.
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

Quote Originally Posted by mainsail View Post
      Definitely a beautiful car. I just wish it was available in colors other than black for the interior. I like to keep my cars clean and black makes that pretty tough.
      Yeah, it would be nice to have the option!

I'd have gone black anyway due to kids and dog.

However, I fear it would be very dark unless you go for the sunroof - with the sunroof, it's amazing.

Driven it a few hundred miles already. Hands down the best car I've ever driven.

The auto pilot is phenomenal.

Great pictures Nick. I've not actually seen one on the road yet! My V90 is due to arrive at the dealers on the 15th of May, can't wait! Are they the 20" alloys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyholloway View Post
      Great pictures Nick. I've not actually seen one on the road yet! My V90 is due to arrive at the dealers on the 15th of May, can't wait! Are they the 20" alloys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Hey Matty - I haven't seen another V90 or even an S90 on the road yet either! Been looking out for them since I ordered in Jan.

These are 18" alloys! I feel they look bigger when the car is on it's own - it's only when you put it next to a car with 20's that you can see a small difference.

What have you gone for?

I've gone for the D4 R-Design also in Osmium Grey. Added the carbon inlays, Apple Car Play, privacy and the 19" wheels in the same design as yours. I'm regretting not getting the roof now though!

Should look like this when it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyholloway View Post
      I've gone for the D4 R-Design also in Osmium Grey. Added the carbon inlays, Apple Car Play, privacy and the 19" wheels in the same design as yours. I'm regretting not getting the roof now though!

Should look like this when it arrives!

You'll love it mate. Once you have it, you'll forget about the options you didn't chose.

The sunroof was a big question for me - I'd never had one before, so I wouldn't have missed it if I didn't chose it.

You'll love it mate. Once you have it, you'll forget about the options you didn't chose.

The sunroof was a big question for me - I'd never had one before, so I wouldn't have missed it if I didn't chose it.
      Thanks. I'm coming from a Audi A6 Avant with black headlining so I'm guessing it will be similar. I'll post pics when it arrives

Well the V90 arrived yesterday and first impressions are....It's fantastic! Still trying to get to grips with the controls and sensus, but it's a lovely drive!

congrats to the V90 drivers. I will be visiting a dealership soon and the bursting blue is my color of choice. Need to see it in person, but it's looking good

2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

Excellent - What a beast.

The bigger wheels look epic - I sometimes wish I'd gone for them! But savings had to be made somewhere!

You taken it far?

Excellent - What a beast.

The bigger wheels look epic - I sometimes wish I'd gone for them! But savings had to be made somewhere!

You taken it far?
      Thanks, they do look nice. Although I've noticed that they don't come up on the configurator now! Not been too far yet but possibly planning a trip to France in the summer!

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements